3.8???

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      Admin
      Participant

Hey everybody,

I was lookin around in martintracing.com and saw a thread posted for 3.8 review and this is what I saw. This post comes from bitracer x. not me

THAT IS NOT A 3.8 ENGINE (YOU WERE RIPPED OFF!)

that is not a 3.8 engine. it the new 1.6 engine
      if you don’t belive me go to TOMY’s wbebsite and look.
      the website is:http://www.tomy.co.jp
      it is there. you just have to click on the bit char-g icon
      and its there.

I checked myself and could find no truth to it. And to Kclem, this is bad publicity for you bro. Anybody else see this? Or have more info? Anyway, I still want 2 or3 of them for my collection. Race on….

Admin
      Participant

the new 1.6 motors by Tomy have been produced with a “green” cap, Kyle simply placed a green cap on his 3.8 motors to actually distinguish against the other motor colors. (In another thread, Kyle actually states that he has access to a pager vibrator motor manufacting facitlity)

These 3.8 motors are not official Tomy products but third party products… note, Kyle’s 3.8 motors came out before the 1.6 even was hinted at..he chose his color scheme and Tomy (by coincidence–or not) happened to produce one later with the same color.

no big deal… there are heaps of other colors around…

“How about a black 3.8 motor?….”

cheers.

Admin
      Participant

Also, as the owner of one.. if the green 3.8 motor i have is actually a 1.8, then i wonder whats going on when i beat my friends 3.0 motorised Bit Char-G.. hahaha…

btw, the 3.8 motors aren’t even the same size as official Tomy motors, i noticed that Kyles motors are about 1millimetere longer.

Admin
      Participant

Djinn,

Thanks for taking up for me. I’ve actually produced some 1.6 motors myself and I used a Blue cap for those and I’ve also got some 3.2 motors that I used White caps on. If I had known what Tomy’s color scheme was going to be for these motors, I would have used the same colors for mine but I had not way to know. Hey shoot me your address to kyleclemmons@msn.com I’ll hook you up with a 3.2 or whatever motor you want for watching my back.

Kyle

Admin
      Participant

no worries, check your email.

Cheers

Admin
      Participant

Hey Kyle, you say that you have produced a 3.2 motor? I think that this would be a good motor because it wouldnt have the absolute speed of the 3.8 motor, thus making it easier to control around a tight track, yet still be faster than any official TOMY realeased motor. I wouldnt mind buying one off you. How much are they?

Admin
      Participant

Jazza_1984,

I’m going to sell the 3.2 for $9 each. Shipping charges willdepend on your location. If you want one, email me at kyleclemmons@msn.com and I’ll let you know what the total will be and how to pay.

Thanks,

Kyle

Admin
      Participant

I remember seeing Kclem69’s motors on both the message boards and Ebay well before the Tomy green 1.6 motor came out, so they ARE different, it just may be harder to tell apart. Well actually, it would be easy to tell apart if you just popped em into a Bit…. the 3.8 motor would smoke the 1.6! HEHE. LOL!

I also read somewhere thatKclem69 chose the color arbitrarily just to differentiate between the Tomy motors, so it has nothin to do with the 1.6’s. (read it on one of his auctions, i think).

Admin
      Participant

Don’t forget to purchase the gear sets when upgrading past a 2.6. Running with the orange gear sets that most cars come with will over spin the motor and burn it out. I’ve gone through a couple 3.5 motors that way. Acceleration with the orange gear is insane, but the top end of the blue gears is much better for the motor.

http://www.jdmtoys.com will be getting in 3.5’s ina few weeks.

-B

Admin
      Participant

Say guys I’m new to all this insanity called ” bit char g “. I was hoping you could give me some advice I recently purchased a couple of “Thunder OEM” versions and a TOMY supra. The supra runs great with the 3.0 motor but my 3.0 ‘s will not work in these others the motors seem longer than tomy is there any way to “mod this up to work. And do I really need a gear set since the head light kit seems to way down my Supra .

Thanks Eric

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.