Bit Char-G Earthmover (MUST SEE)

Viewing 39 reply threads
  • Author
      Admin
      Participant

Admin
      Participant

Construct a race track for your bits…………

Admin
      Participant

Oh and also, they have submarines which fire torpedos too:smiley14:

Admin
      Participant

And tanks which fire BB’s

Admin
      Participant

I reported on this awhile back. I had a series of pictures from the Tokyo Toy Show 2002 taht was held back in July IIRC. Don’t interest me much though, wouldn’t buy any. I probably would check out the tank though just to see what its like with the BB pellets.

Heres one of the pictures I had:

And check these out coming soon:

Admin
      Participant

This isn’t too new, I didn’t know that the sub shoots missiles?!?! I dont think they do =(

Admin
      Participant

and how much would we expect to pay?

Admin
      Participant
      Quote:
      Originally posted by Caine on 22October2002

This isn’t too new, I didn’t know that the sub shoots missiles?!?! I dont think they do =(

I’d not heard anything abotu them shooting bbs, I doubt they do. It’d be cool if they did fire some sort of torpedo :smiley1:

Admin
      Participant
      Quote:
      Originally posted by ms char-ged on 22October2002

and how much would we expect to pay?

Who knows!? In fact, who knows if any of these will actually hit the shelf? These pictures and rumours have been going round for the best part of 6 months and we’ve still not seen them. I don’t think Tomy will bother, I personally don’t think that many people would be interested in movers and subs. The tanks are a different story. I’m sure they’ll release those as direct competiton against the CombatDigi-Q tanks.

Guess we’ll wait and see. The monster truck in the picture above I posted looks awesome though :smiley1:

z-beam
      Participant

TORPEDOES???? idoubt it very much.

Admin
      Participant
      Quote:
      Originally posted by z-beam on 23October2002

TORPEDOES???? idoubt it very much.

Lol! Yeah, but it’d be cool it they could hehe.

Admin
      Participant

Well… i know for a fact that the tanks shoot bbs, but i reckon the digi q tanks would be heaps better.

Im not completely sure, but it looks like they shoot missiles. Dunno how they’d work though. If they can make the tanks fire bbs, im sure they could do something similar with the subs…

As for the earthmovers…if you were given some, i’m sure you’d like it.

Admin
      Participant

It appears I am right, they do shoot missiles!!

Admin
      Participant

They are digi-q but they are better than the bcg subs.

Admin
      Participant

I reckon that they might be like the digi-q tanks….fire power,armor strength etc. That’d be cool, simulated war with tanks and subs…………..now they need planes that drop bombs…….

Admin
      Participant
      Quote:
      Originally posted by jamiekulhanek on 23October2002

Im not completely sure, but it looks like they shoot missiles. Dunno how they’d work though. If they can make the tanks fire bbs, im sure they could do something similar with the subs…

As for the earthmovers…if you were given some, i’m sure you’d like it.

The problem with torpedos/missiles on the subs is they’d have to be fired at some pelt to deal with the pressure of the water.

Theattraction the cars had with me was that they were basically replicas ofreal cars that Iprobably won’t eveer own – they felt more like they were geared towards adults, but notjust adults of course. With the earth movers,if I was given some, I’d obviously not complain, but I know for a fact they’djust sit on my shelf doing nothing. Playing with mini R/C cars is cool, but I think my missus would crack if I started playing with diggers and tractors moving small pebbles around the dining room :smiley1:

Admin
      Participant
      Quote:

I reckon that they might be like the digi-q tanks….fire power,armor strength etc. That’d be cool, simulated war with tanks and subs…………..now they need planes that drop bombs…….

The controllers are identical so yeah, I’d assume also that they have the same features the tanks have. I’d not seen those digi-q subs, nice find :smiley2:

Admin
      Participant
      Quote:
      Originally posted by Chris_Flowers on 23October2002

Quote:

The controllers are identical so yeah, I’d assume also that they have the same features the tanks have. I’d not seen those digi-q subs, nice find :smiley2:

Yea it says IR or something in the corner which is the same which is on the Digi Q boxes.

Man they look sweet! If they shoot torpedoes (which it looks like they do) that would be very very good! I don’t even think the bigger scale ones shoot torpedos, the fish are in for a suprise =)

Admin
      Participant
      Quote:
      Originally posted by Caine on 23October2002

Quote:

Yea it says IR or something

Yeah its IR – stands for Infra Red. Thats how the Digi-Q range are controlled as you may well know.

Admin
      Participant

Does anyone have a lager version of that pic of the subs? Id like to see it in more detail.

Im not sure if the torpedos will do much!! i bet they do the same thing as the tanks with the IR shooting.

Admin
      Participant
      Quote:
      Originally posted by Chris_Flowers on 23October2002

Quote:
      Originally posted by Caine on 23October2002

Quote:

Yea it says IR or something

Yeah its IR – stands for Infra Red. Thats how the Digi-Q range are controlled as you may well know.

LOL, I knew that hehe, I was saying it was the same IR logo thing which appeared on the digi q boxes, it says ‘Micro IR’.

Admin
      Participant
      Quote:
      Originally posted by DpMc on 23October2002

Does anyone have a lager version of that pic of the subs? Id like to see it in more detail.

Im not sure if the torpedos will do much!! i bet they do the same thing as the tanks with the IR shooting.

I have made a little discription on my site…

http://www.microrc.co.uk/index.php?page=dqs

Admin
      Participant

I know as much as you, im hoping for laser guidedmotorised torpedos…but i hope it fires the torpedos, but back to reality…I think it might be IR though

z-beam
      Participant

icould see them fitting 1.0 motors in them with a battery but guided fireing torpedoes would cost 2 much. does ir work thru water?? anybody got a fish tank and a tv to experiment?? just try and turn on the tv thru the fish tank.

z-beam
      Participant

sorry that wont work as the beam will bounce off the glass around the room untill it hits the tv

Admin
      Participant

This might sound stupid but from looking at some of those pics of the subs, it seems that maybe what we all think are torpedos are just filled with air. This is just my theory…

*having the subs compartments filled with air would mean that the subs would sorta float. Causing a boat type effect. Meaning you can use them as a boat. But when they are filled with water they are heavier meaning more sink-age.

*The more water added the further the sub will dive but the slower it will go about it.

But once again its pretty stupid but it just sorta flew into my head.

Admin
      Participant

Good pic’s Caine. Looking at the close up of the sub i would say there not gonna fire off i think there for dosplay.

Cool idea though.

Admin
      Participant

Hmmm motors are very cheap for the company to buy, so my guess is that the torpedos have a 1.0 motor and a capacitor. But if they do shoot how the heck do you retrieve the torpedos? Go for a swim?

There is lots of diagrams of the torpedos ‘firing off’ but who knows what the dodgy buggers are up to.

Cant wait to get a digi q tank+submarine…….digi q cars are dodgy (dodgy-q)

Admin
      Participant
      Quote:
      Originally posted by Pcain on 24October2002

This might sound stupid but from looking at some of those pics of the subs, it seems that maybe what we all think are torpedos are just filled with air. This is just my theory…

*having the subs compartments filled with air would mean that the subs would sorta float. Causing a boat type effect. Meaning you can use them as a boat. But when they are filled with water they are heavier meaning more sink-age.

*The more water added the further the sub will dive but the slower it will go about it.

But once again its pretty stupid but it just sorta flew into my head.

Hmm to me it looked like a spirit level or some sort of liquid…

-Note- The little LED on the front bit of the sub, cool looks like a powerful one aswell.

However that white ‘stand?’ can be taken off in the water, also it can stay on. If you ask me I was thinking the stand was a missile holder which was something which didn’t come with the sub and you had to buy it. But now I don’t know as I don’t know what those gears are doing at the back and ‘if’ it is a missile holder. ‘If’ it isn’t what is it?

Admin
      Participant
      Quote:
      Originally posted by jamiekulhanek on 24October2002

Hmmm motors are very cheap for the company to buy, so my guess is that the torpedos have a 1.0 motor and a capacitor. But if they do shoot how the heck do you retrieve the torpedos? Go for a swim?

I should think that they would rise upwards after a few seconds.

Admin
      Participant

OK, since we’re all having a guess, here’s mine.

Thetorpedolauncher on the base is detachable. The gears on the launcher are part of the launching mechanism and are driven by a gear/gears on the back of the actual sub. How, I’m not sure. Maybe something like the steering on the Bit Char-Gs.

What looks like pink water with air bubbles inside the torpedoes is actually a rubber band of sorts. In order to fire the torpedoes you have to wind them up before you attach them to the launcher. This is why there are two propellers on the front of the torpedo. One is attached to the rubber band while the other is attached to the body of the torpedo. You can see that they are set up in opposite directions. This is because, whenlaunched,the propeller attached to the band will rotate in the opposite direction to the body of the torpedo. By reversing the blades on one of the propellers, they will both drive the torpedo in the same direction.

How does that sound ? :smiley4:

Admin
      Participant

Yea that makes more sense of it, man those Japs must’ve spent ages thinking of that. I think it will be a ‘add on’, wonder how much the sub will cost, must be alot I should think.

Admin
      Participant

Yeah makes sense. Looks like fun…….

Admin
      Participant

I WANT ONE. my fish wont know what hit em (litterally)

that would seriously be soo cool. i want a full sized one jus to shoot at my little cousins, (grumble) that;ll teach you to swim and pee in my damn pool:smiley15:

Admin
      Participant

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA cool. wouldnt that be cool using one in a pool. Fit 2 X 3.8’s and 3 Nimhs……

Admin
      Participant

I doubt these can withstand the mini waves in pools, think they are designed for fishtanks. If their are people in a pool swiming and stuff, and you was to place one of these in, it would just get pushed about by the water.

Admin
      Participant

Small pools, bath tubs, sink full of water, fish tank etc.etc. certainly wouldn’t take them to your local lake! The sh*t it would come back up with :smiley1:

z-beam
      Participant

i have a game for ps2 called splashdown by atari, its a seadoo racing game and has some seriously good indoor tracks. sub-g racing!!! cant wait

Admin
      Participant

Hmm if they are on the surface hey might get knocked about, but underwater in a pool, they should be OK

Admin
      Participant

Hmm, I wonder if they can go a few feet down under? And if the controller is waterproof?

Viewing 39 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.