Long range

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Admin
      Participant

How far is the longest range you have on any of your bits

also if you have done mods i.e cripple cap, POTS mod etc. how much distance did you gain

my longest range is either my Loctite zexel which has about 6.5-7 metres range or my trueno set which has about the same

z-beam
      Participant

shypo could you tell me from your experience which range mods achieve the best result and for the newbies out there a brief description of how to do it.

the dick smith (enertec) car went about 12meters before the signal dropped out. it had a telescopic antenna (gonna use it on my skyline eventually)

thanks

Admin
      Participant

I have the Inital D setand I have changed the antenna on the car. I changed the factory antenna to a 120 mm dual twisted wire one fabricated from phone cable. Unfortunately, in my haste to start modding,I did not measure the range prior to the mod, but I currently get about 7.5 metres.

Ijust bought a 40MHz Skyline yesterday and, out of the box, it was getting 7.5 – 8 metres.

Both of these measurements are inside the house. I have yet to test it outside to see whether there is a difference or not.

Admin
      Participant

i uses solid core wire outta a earthnet cable (2) pulled the crip cap off my car and i got about a 50 foot range.

Admin
      Participant

Z-beam all i have done is the cripple cap mod to my Skyline, the trueno has amzing range right outta the box. the cripple cap mod is outlined at

http://www.questformadness.com

Z-beam i am shocking with a slodering iron and i am not very good with electronics so this shouldnt be to hard for most ppl, all i did was snip the wires.

Admin
      Participant

I fould that my Skyline didn’t have the cirppling cap in the transmitter. got about 7M as well out of the box.

did a ant change on the car with some breadboard wire (solid core cable) about 150mm long solder directly to the top side of the pcb and I get about 20M. though this range is in my garage( 10 unit building so I have a big place to drive the car) have tested it out side yet so son’t know its max range.

got the aprox 150mm length form 1/50 of the 40Mhz wave length which is about 7.5M

Admin
      Participant
      Quote:
      Originally posted by -ccw- on 08November2002

got the aprox 150mm length form 1/50 of the 40Mhz wave length which is about 7.5M

-ccw- , the 150mm that you mention, is that 150mm all in vertical height ? It sounded as thought it was as you mentioned that it was from the top side of the board.

Also, when you say that the 150mm is 1/50 the wave length, what is the smallest percentage of the wavelength that you can use, ie, why not use 75mm as that would be 1/100th ?

BTW, do you know what the wavelength for 27Mhz is ?

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.