replacing antenna for bit char-g

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Admin
      Participant

I got this from Derek’s post, just wondering if there was a How-to-do or exact parts needed? The link provided was a dead link

Has anybody tried replacing the pathetic antenna on the Bit Char-G cars with a thicker gauge, copper or gold wire for better reception? Would it be worthwhile?

We’ve had EXCELLENT results (improved reception) by carefully changing the car antenna.

Our best result was achieved using a length (cut to same length as original on the car) of *single-core* cable from “construction” type CAT-5 cable. It’s cheap and dead easy to work with!

Ordinary CAT-5 cable contains mutli-core copper cables which is no better than what’s currently on your car.

Admin
      Participant

Go to http://www.questformadness.com then click on “antenna upgrade” in the Mod How-To section.There is a simple explanation with pictures.This website is dedicated to Bit Modification. Solid copper core antenna wire is available in the store page in a 4 color pack for $1. Hope this helps.

Admin
      Participant

Very helpful, thanks for the link! 🙂

Admin
      Participant

PharCyde

If you need some cable just drop me an email. I’ll shoot you out some freebie lengths of suitable cable in an envelope.

I have a couple of our network weenies working less than 50m from where I sit at work. When I need “offcuts” of construction CAT5 it’s just a matter of asking nicely :smiley2:

Cheers

Derek

Admin
      Participant

Derek,

Thanks for being so generous!! I’ve dropped you an email :smiley1:

Very cool thing to offer to a forum newbie

Admin
      Participant

Hey Derek !

Dont suppose you could me some “Offcuts” ?? hehe

Iv dropped you an email, hope you can help me out

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.