3.0 motor and Faulty starts?

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      Admin
      Participant

I just put in the 3.0 motor into my OEM Bullet CLK (What type of motor do these have, they are a lil faster then most stock …) Well the thing with the 3.0 so far is it has a slow start and sometimes even not enough torque to get the gears going so a push is required. Could it be my stock gears? What diffirent gears should i get?

Admin
      Participant

I found a similar issue with the 3.0 tomy and the 3.8 3rd party, but it seemed to be a motor issue, not load related- even with no drivetrain, both motors seemed to hit a “dead” point on the rotor occassionally- I’m not sure what the case is- it might be a result of the low number of winds…

the 3.0 is a more reliable motor, but its still not reliable enough for char-g where variable start/stop is needed (perhaps that’s why it’s a “bit racer” part only)

-dan

Admin
      Participant

my 3.0 also has this “dead point”. it really annoys me – to the point where i am using a 2.2 instead.

i found that the motor would freeze sometimes when quickly going from reverse to forwards. it is just not as fun when you have to walk over and give the car a push to get it going again!

however, i did love the extra speed 😉

Admin
      Participant

Hey guys, I’m in the same boat as you all. My 3.0 seems really sluggish, doesn’t spin the gears sometimes, and just seems really slow (overall) compared to my 2.6.

What a rip-off! Why does the package say Bit Char-G on it if it were only intended for the Bit Racer!?:smiley7:

Admin
      Participant

Hello all, I have also purchased a 3.0 as well as a 3.8 and have not experienced any of the above simptoms. A friend of mine also purchased a Bit Char-g with a 3.0 and i noticed that his gears were fitted a little different that mine. Just wondering if maybe some of you are fitting your gears a little tight and causing binding. With the lack of torque from thehigher rpm motor, you cant get the gears to spin without a little help. Might check it out…

Admin
      Participant

MR2GTS: Where did you see a 3.0 with BitChar-G on it!! Is this new?!

Tomy sells the 3.0 motor as an “S” part number which is designed for the BitRacer, and the label even says BitRacer. The fastest “GS” part number I know of (which is designed for the BitChar-G) is GS-05, which is a 2.6 motor. I have never heard of a 3.0 motor for the Bit Char-G. Can you tell me where to find it?

Tomygives a caveat when they released the 3.0 motor, mentioning that it may require a push-start, so its really not fair that you guys are coming down on a motor that wasnt designed for what you are using it for. You may want to look into an OEM 3.8 motor from HK, or a 3rd Party 3.8 from the US. I havent heard of any push start issues with those. You can get the 3.8 motors at http://www.questformadness.comor eBay.

Admin
      Participant

my 3.0 works ok in some cars and has probs in others – i cannot work out why! i have fiddled with the way it fits in, and the best solution seems to be to use a cable to tie the motor in position, as you can be more accurate than with the steel motor cover.

i tried bits of paper or card in different spots around the motor (when using the motor cover) but my problem was that the motor needed to be seated LOWER than the steel cover would allow for to avoid the gears binding.

i now have it working ok strapped in tomy 2.4v booster – i just need to work out a neat and portable charging solution!

Admin
      Participant

I also have the 3.0 and for the stock car I experienced similar issues. The solution is a 2.4v mod, it has never stopped since !

Admin
      Participant

Grr… well i have another car comming on the way…bought it from ebay slightly used but it comes with a 1.0 and 3.0 motor and it has a clear skyline body so i can paint it…hopefully ill see a diff with this motor or else mabey ill look into what guyb was saying about it having to be seated lower.

Admin
      Participant

In the cases of both the 3.0 and the 3.8, the motor even with no gears sometimes hits a dead spot. Also, a 2.4v mod isn’t really a fix, the 2.4v is probably greating a magnetic field in the motor strong enough to pull it out of the null ponts which single cell operation could not, and since I intended to use the motors for single-cell racing, not drag there’s not much option other than finding some 2.6.

Regarding the 3.0 being a Bit Racer only part- that it is- BUT unlike all the other bit racer motors (2.2 and 2.6), it comes with a black Bit Char-G pinion AND the standard Bit Racer White pinion. It seems it was designed for use with Bit Char-G, but not on an “official” level.

Hey- with the name “Lucifer Motor”, you just KNOW something’s amiss.

-dan

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.