Anyone tried the F1s?

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      Admin
      Participant

Being a loyal F1 fan I’ve been dying to get my hands on one of these since seeing a sneak preview taken on a dodgy camera at an Asian toy show.

Has anyone had a go with one? How do they fly?

Nick.

Admin
      Participant

Not yet, Nick – unfortunately :smiley6:

Also trying to get my hands on one or two for a play!

Will let you know if I find them anywhere….

Derek

Admin
      Participant

I assume thats the DigiQ F1s you’re talking about???

Admin
      Participant

No Taigerr, not DigiQ but palm-sized, 1:35 scale or thereabouts F1 Mini-Zs made by Kyosho.

Hey Derek, just to make you jealous, these guys stock em and they’re right here in Singapore:

http://www.toykar.com/

They’ve even got the new Ferrari versions. I so want want one of these babies. But money’s running low and I might not be here much longer. I just quit my job so I might have to head back to NZ where cool RCs are next to impossible to get hold of. You think Auz is hard – try living at the end of the world!

Hopefully I’ll be able scrape together enough for one before I leave – and get those photos you asked for.

Nick.

Admin
      Participant

they are supposed to be 1:24 scale……..

seen them but i aint forking out $350+ for one 🙁

Admin
      Participant

Oh, 1:24. Well I was close (not).

Anyway, I went and checked them out over the weekend. At $250 they ain’t cheap, but oh my God are they beautiful. They look better than most scale models, realistic tires, lovely shiney paintwork, 4 wheel suspension, excellent detail – these things are little gems, real show-pieces and a joy to behold. The only compromises they’ve made are transparent Ys in the front steering for strength and a rather undetailed cockpit. Like some cheaper scale models, they’ve filled the cockpit in and just stuck a driver hemet on top. This is presumably so they can fit the electronics in. I’d look at cutting out the cockpit and putting a scale head and shoulders Shumacher in instead.

Overall, these little F1s are more realistic that most of the larger RC F1s I’ve seen – even some of the non-rc scale models! They have better detail, they seem incredibly high quality, in short, I must have one. Damn, if I had the money, I’d have a set!

And when you think about it, $250 ain’t so bad. Most radio gear costs $200 alone. And yes, I’m trying to justify it to myself!

The same shop has the Lancia Stratos Mini-Zs, they also sell the tops separately. And they’re almost as beautiful as the F1s – lovely scale replicas with holes for a full-set of working rally headlights, big wide tires on Lancia scale rims – ooooh yeah.

I really should work for Kyosho sales :smiley1:

Nick.

Admin
      Participant

yeah i love the kyosho mini-z cars too 🙂

they have put a hell of a lot of detail into all thier work!!! 🙂

I wanna work for them so i can get a discount 😉

Admin
      Participant

ToyEast have them for The equivalent of $200 Auz including postage! You won’t get a better deal than that. I tried the local distributer here in Singapore and the best they could do was $250. Just gimme a few more days to get the money in my account… Roll on payday.

Nick.

Admin
      Participant

Toyeast does have them – cost to land is about AUD230.00 when you factor in currency exchange charges and all the rest of it. Or you can take a look at joining one of the ausmicro.com group buys – see the homepage for the link!

Admin
      Participant

group buys????

woot!!

Admin
      Participant

Yup – Group buys.

Basically we have two price levels AUD210.00 for the ‘basic’ Mini-Z cars and AUD235.00 for the Mini-F1 and more ‘unique’ Mini-Z cars.

In those prices we cover all the hassle of importing the cars, including customs, currency transfer and shipping as well as make a standard 5% margin that goes back to paying the hosting bills for this site.

There’s a link off the homepage or you can click directly http://www.ausmicro.com/buyonline/mini-z_buy.asp

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.