car drives in circles

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Admin
      Participant

I just received my char-g, but it drives in circles to the right. Even if I move the steering adjusted full to the left (or right) it still does it.

I dont want to open it up yet, until I know whether the seller will replace, but would it be an easy fix at all?? Is it a common problem, which they should/will replace the car for me because of??

http://www.greenval.info/chargunderside.JPG(in case the pic doesnt work)

Picture shows one wheel pointingo the right…not a good look. If this was a real car it would definitely being driving in circles, (and destroying tyres)

Thanks!!

Admin
      Participant

Boy, that doesn’t look good. Do the wheels turn when you turn left or right on the remote?

The only thing I can think of is the steering arm. It’s attached to the white wheel knuckle on a pin thats behind the wheel. Maybe it slipped off??? If everything looks good I’d say you got a defect.

That would be the first time I’ve heard of that problem

Admin
      Participant

thanks for replying….Ive messed around with it, and its kinda a bit better…it was quite jerky and each jerk would be a little jolt to the right, could see the wheels doing it..

I cut thin slithers of vinyl (like electrical tape) and wrapped it around the wheels which reduced traction so the car will do burnouts…so was having fun doing this….and the problem of going in circles was kinda forgotten about since that was primarily what I was doing with the car. And now the problem doesnt seem as bad as before. Although driving over a ramp is extremely hard as it of course still pulls right, just not as bad as before.

The front wheels seem to have a lot of movement in them, and the beam that goes between the front wheels doesnt seem to be quite accurate enough to give tru staight line steering… and as the pic in first post shows, 1 wheel is always pointing right more than the other,Maybe theyre all like it, but Im having heaps of fun with it..gonna do the dual battery mod soon hopefully and maybe make some tyresmoke.

All in all, very happy with the car….controller works from whole different room in the house!! Not that its much good as I cant see the car..haha…speed is pretty good…burnouts are good….and thats very important to me…(check my website…)

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.