Changing controller antennas

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Admin
      Participant

When I got my skyline set, I noticed that the antenna doesn’t extend out as far as the other ones I have. It’s a different frequency to the normal ones and I have a few controllers spare. Does anyone have any info on whether switching it with a longer one is viable? And what the proceedure might be?

Cheers

Admin
      Participant

hardly worth it, i would change it for a teledcopic antenae if i was going to ddo anything, it will greatly improve the range

Admin
      Participant

how to connect the telescopic antenna to the bit? i’m da n00b here:smiley1:

Admin
      Participant

The telescopic antenna mod is for the antenna on the controller, not the car. Check out http://www.questformadness.com for details on this mod.

PandaBear
      Participant
      Quote:
      Originally posted by Setanta on 22October2002

When I got my skyline set, I noticed that the antenna doesn’t extend out as far as the other ones I have. It’s a different frequency to the normal ones and I have a few controllers spare. Does anyone have any info on whether switching it with a longer one is viable? And what the proceedure might be?

Same here :smiley11:.

Hosted our first BCG race on the weekend, running out of freqs so I snuck out the G24 350Z on 57MHz (yeah, Boost Button!!). Only noticed then that the black controller’s aerial is about 60% the length of the other Compacts’ antennas (27 & 40Mhz).

Had some reception problems too at the far corners of the track.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.