Combat DigiQ coming (Micro RC tanks)

Home Forums Bit Char-G, Digi-Q and other Micros Digi-Q and other IR Controlled Micros Combat DigiQ coming (Micro RC tanks)

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      Admin
      Participant

Ok guys,

I live in Australia and just bit the bullet so to speak and bought 2 of these from ToyEast… even managed to get some of the accessories as well ie sandbags barrier wires (which look suspiciously like coiled fuse wire) and camo bags. So I’m very very excited. I used the Express shipment option so I should avoid the shipping delays that some of our US friends experienced. (Thanks for the info guys)

I looked at the bitchargie tanks, but really who wants a BB firing tank (with a low firing range) that small when you can get the behemonth that I bought a month ago… namely this one… it’s not small… but it completely kicks.

http://www.hlj.com/cgi-local/hljpage.cgi?MRIBT-3

The same brand (my tank is an M1A1 and is a newer model) is also reviewed on DansData… a fellow Aussie who’s a bit of a crazy nerd but I love his site all the same…great for computer advice and nerd toys.

http://www.dansdata.com/mtank.htm

25M range… and accuracy that only a BB gun manufacturer can create… which is interesting seeing as the more conventional hand gun style BB guns are banned in Australia… (mainly because they look too much like the real thing) So I’m not going around robbing banks with this tank….

Do any of you have any advice on things I should do to maintain, upgrade and make killer Digi-Q combats when they arrive? Your help is much appreciated…

Admin
      Participant

I see your point, the Bit Char-G tank isn’t very powerful, especially when it gets lined up agained one of those M1A1. But remember that they are real tiny and for thier size they are powerful. Just like a ant, its very small and can hardly lift a thing but I heard it can lift stuff like 10x his weight, or something like that lol, bloody discovery channel.

The two types of tanks (Bit char G/Combat Digi Q) seem to be very very different, apart from them both being tiny tanks and having a two player game they really differ from each other. The Digi Q ones are…

*Realistic

*Infa-red

*2-4 players

*Working tracks

*different game modes

*Aimed at the ‘older fans’

Where as the Bit Char-G ones are…

*odd looking, if they didn’t have a dodgy turret they wouldn’t look a thing like a tank.

*Shoot BB pellets

*Have a ‘hit the target game’, like a coconut shy kind of

*Weird colours, which army has bright blue and silver tanks? LOL

-However-

A release date hasn’t yet been set for the BCGTanks as far as I know, so I guess we can’t really assume all these things are correct from these photos. I think the Digi-Q has definatly won this tank battle without the bit char G tank even been released, the Digi-Q one just sounds/looks/plays better. =)

Admin
      Participant

I will add my 2 cents tomorrow . I was able to pick up two on ebay for under $48.00 each and they should arrive by tomorrow yeehah.

Admin
      Participant

The motors in the tanks are a lot smaller than the ones in bcg, so a 2.2 etc wont fit… 🙁

Yeah which army/mardigra wants a purple tank?

Admin
      Participant

Yes I just recieved my 2 tanks one of each but it seems Toy Least has removed the english instruction manual from its site now you have to buy from them to get it.has any one here saved it so they could email it to me. I dont know how to make them keep score or run low on ammo etc but the tanks are the coolest little toys around GOTTA GET EM ALL.

Admin
      Participant

Holy Cow these things are fun! My son and I played “Castle” a game we made up today its a killer little game played like paintball first you need some blocks or some type of obsticals you set them up maze like with a tall flimsy “Castle” preferably a tall one with a green plastic army man on top. You place the “castle” on the far sides opposite each other. To start the game you place your tank on the backside of your “Castle” on the command go you proceed through the maze hunting your opponent .If when proceeding through the maze you are shot you must replace your tank behind your “Castle” and start over .Your opponent continues.If your tank turns over you must restart, if you run out of ammo you may proceed but your opponent is free to topple your castle and fire upon you will until you are disabled .The object of the game is to some how survive the battle and topple the others guys “Castle”and his general to the ground.75 points are awarded for “Conquering a Castle” and 25 points are awarded for disabling the opposition. You only are awarded a perfect score of 100 for completing both missions. To add complexity you may build more than one “Castle”.

Admin
      Participant

Hey Paintwiper…

Here’s the manual… hopefully this link works for you

http://www.toyeast.com/combatq00.htm

Admin
      Participant

Every one must buy one of these tanks I dont know if I will ever play with my supra AGAIN?????

Admin
      Participant

haha. yep, they rule. they have got to be the most sophisticated rc-like things this size and price as of now. b

z-beam
      Participant

has any body seen rumblerobots? they are much bigger than combat q check em out at http://www.wumblerobots.com. they are releasing a range called rumble wars that looks very promising: infa red control that can switch between controling the tanks or operating a gattling gun mounted on a base!aswellas being larger the tanks also are different by having Five blast away armour zones! there is also a jet available but it looks like the only thing it does is move its wings a little. the base has four army men laying prone on as many platfoms that fling the soldiers off as they get hit only in america at the moment though (bummer)

i bought two robots at kmart ‘ lug nut and bolt man and about 60$ worth of cards for them. instead of a chip with set attributes you use cards with barcodes to define speed,defense,lasers,punch and power level. at first i thought it was a scam but after many battles im sold on the idea as there are so many variations possable especially when you are limited to 3 cards per battle

Admin
      Participant

yeah me and my friend bought 1 and there kick ass there like the rockum sockum robots of the computer age. there bad ass

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.