Compact Char-G available at K-Mart

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      Admin
      Participant

Just wanted to let you people know, if you didnt already that K-Mart sells these compact Char-gs (the Australian and European version of the Bit Char-gs) for about $45AUS.

I saw it in their catalog a couple of days ago, and it reminded me of the original Tomy Char-gs I longed for when I was about 8. Now they’re back and heaps better, and I’ve gone crazy about them. I was going to get one today, but couldn’t so I’ll try again on saturday.

I’m sorry if something along these lines has already been posted.

Admin
      Participant

Well there was another thread posted on the same topic in the Discussion section, but that was 7 hours later. So I’d like to think I was first to point this out, even if it was posted in the wrong section :smiley14: Heh, I’m so selfishly proud…

Admin
      Participant

girlfriend will be checking out kmart for a full inventory report tomorrow….

Admin
      Participant

Hi there, I bought my Char-G at Kmart Garden City, WA for $49.89 yesterday. Looked all over WA and found only 2 at this outlet. Got the silver S2000, left the yellow one on the shelf. I am looking for Mario or the WRX. Would appriciate to know if anyone has sighted more of these babies in WA.

Cheers

Admin
      Participant

Hey guys!

Firstly, there are now two threads regarding the sightings of Compact Char-Gs in Australia (KMart in particular). The other thread is located here.

Yep – they’re out there inthe wild. Seeing we’re in the TECHNICAL section, I’ll do my best to keep this on-topic. This is what we know so far:

• KMart prices vary by state catalogue release
      • The models that KMart is selling are 40Mhz or 27MHz. that means Aussies will now have the abaility to run up to five (5) cars simultaneously (27, 35, 40, 45 and 57 MHz)
      • The kit numbers are all “G-03”
      • Packaging is similar to the Japanese boxes, albeit redesigned, with different graphics/artwork.
      • [/list]

That’s the best I can do for now. More news as it comes to hand.

Cheers…. and welcome to you new guys – great to have you on board!

Derek :smiley1:

Admin
      Participant

Hi,

If i was wondering are these compact char g’s the same as bit char g’s or are they made by another company that is just copying it like the Char g?

and if kmart only sells 40 and 27 would they or anyone else be selling the other frequencies?

Admin
      Participant

They are the exact same as the Bit Char-gs only made for Australia and Europe, they’re manufactured by Tomy.

JNH will most likely distribute other models to retailers (they’re so popular here!), but I’m not sure about other frequencies.

Then again I’m just a newbie who did a lot of research.

Admin
      Participant

Why did they make the package that ugly ??

And why did they change the frequencie from 45 to 40 ??

Admin
      Participant

Well – after 2 x Blue Skylines, I finally took your advice, Wille, and got myself the Yellow S-2000.

Out the packet – it Cranks! forwards, backwards and ultimate reception from the transmitter.. (my first skyline wouldn’t go backwards.. the second wouldn’t receive signals..)

BUT!

The rear drivers-side wheel was not fitted to the axle correctly! my Honda needed it’s first wheel alignment!(it was so crooked, it was bashing against theblack frame. Luckily, my dodgy 2nd skyline had a great set of rear wheels, so i swapped them over! now she’s sweet!

what is it with the dodgy manufacturing of these vehicles? all 3 i have purchased from different K-Marts throughought Melbourne have ALL been dodgy.

is it because they think kids will be playing with them and it doesn’t matter if it’s not straight, or doesn’t respond well? anyway, i’m happy (for now) and will keep you all updated on the status of my new yellow S-2000. Hope to see you all in some state races soon – gotta get some bodies + motors from O/S !!

Thanx for your help.

O.

Admin
      Participant

Wow, I thought I was one of only a few with a stuffed up car, I don’t think anyone else posted about faulty Char-Gs, but judging from your experience, the problem must be alot worse than I first thought.

Or maybe you just had some rotten luck. Either way, I’d still like to think that the majority of the chinese manufactured cars are of high quality.

I feel, so happy and warm inside that I help someone out. This is a great online community.

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.