“Cripple Capacitor” database?

Viewing 89 reply threads
  • Author
      Admin
      Participant

Did we ever move forward on this? I know we started to, at some point, but I don’t know where it went from there. For what it’s worth, I went through ALL of my cars, and my wif’es car, and my friend’s car yesterday afternoon and determined the following…

• Nissan Skyline (white) = NO “cripple capacitor”
      • Mazda RX-7 (red) = NO “cripple capacitor”
      • Mazda RX-7 (yellow) = NO “cripple capacitor”
      • Honda Accord (white)* = NO “cripple capacitor”
      • Toyota bB (yellow) = NO “cripple capacitor”
      • Subaru WRX (blue) = YES to the “cripple capacitor”
      • SE Skyline Castrol = YES to the “cripple capacitor”
      • [/list]

*two seperate Accord Wagon sets checked.

Does it appear that this is just a random disgruntled employee problem? Or is there a pattern? :smiley3:

Admin
      Participant

I’ll do my part (very small, I know). I will be getting some more soon, so I’ll be able to add.

SE Skyline Xanavi = YES to the “cripple capacitor”

So far it’s looking like everything SE and later has one.

Admin
      Participant

here are mine:

Honda S2000 (sliver) = no “cripple capacitor”

WRX (blue) = YES “cripple capacitor”

SE Xanavi Skyline = YES “cripple capacitor”

Admin
      Participant

Hey guys, you should post your frequencies also.

Admin
      Participant

SE Loctite/Zexel Skyline (45Mhz) Yes

Initial D set (AE86 Trueno and RX-7 FD) (27Mhz) no.

Admin
      Participant

I have a loctite zexelSE and a pennzoil zexel SE and both dont have one. The range on my loctite is about 3 meters and my pennzoil is about 2 to 2.5. I was really hoping for a cripple so I could lengthen the range. I bought mineone week ago.

Help me please. Sometimes the Pennzoil SE stutters even at close range making races unfair.

Admin
      Participant

Ok

• Subaru WRX (blue) =NO to the “cripple capacitor”
    • LancerEVO(RED) =NO to the “cripple capacitor” ( and still studders at 2 meters)
    Admin
    Participant

Here are mine:

Blue Skyline GT-R 35MHz – No

Red RX-7 57MHz- No

Admin
    Participant

Just a note.. I have been keeping track of all these..and I have found a few dicrepencies..

according to this.. Some of the Blue WRX’s have the “Cripple Cap” and some don’t. Same goes for the SE Penzoil Zexel.

I’ve also come across some variations on the Frequencies. I know some places mislabled them.. like http://www.hlj.com I have found at least 1, maybe 2 cars that were decribed with diffrent frequecies that were on the box. Anyhow.. everybody please double check their data and if you have them.. let me know..

the Initial D set.. 35 or 45 mhz?

I pretty much take note as I see them (just started)

Here’s a short list of Cars that I yet to have data on as far as the “Cripple Cap”..anybody with these.. check if you have it or not and note the frequency.

Honda s2000 yellow (57mhz)

Toyota Celica black (??mhz)

Toyota Celicasilver (27mhz)

Mitsubishi Lancer Evo yellow (27mhz)

Toyota DB Opendeck black (27mhz)

Nissan Gloria gun metal (45mhz)

Subaru Impreza WRX white (57mhz)

Anybody with these.. check your controlers for the caps and post your findings here.. I will continue to note the findings

Thanks

Admin
    Participant

I just jumped into this thread… sorry for the ignorance, ill check my cars, but what do i look for? I must have missed the post or thread with the cripple capacitor description.

deejay40

Admin
    Participant

my Honda S2000 (silver) 57 mhz has NO cripple capacitor

Admin
    Participant

the initial D set (G-20) is 27 Mhz.

Admin
    Participant

Here is a list of all cars, frequencies and a tally:

• Honda Accord Wagon ? White ? 35 MHz ?3 Yes,1 No

• Honda NSX-R ? White ? 27 MHz ?1 Yes,1 No

• Honda S2000 ? Silver ? 57 MHz ?1 Yes,3 No

• Honda S2000 ? Yellow ? 45 MHz ?1 Yes,0 No

• Mazda RX-7 ? Red ? 57 MHz ?4 Yes,2 No

• Mazda RX-7 ? Yellow ? 45 MHz ?1 Yes,1 No

• Mitsubishi Lancer EVO VII ? Red ? 35 MHz ?3 Yes,1 No

• Mitsubishi Lancer EVO VII ? Yellow ? 27 MHz ?0 Yes,5 No

• Nissan Gloria ? Gunmetal ? 45 MHz ?1 Yes,1 No

• Nissan Skyline R34 ? Blue ? 35 MHz ?3 Yes,2 No

• Nissan Skyline R34 ? White ? 27 MHz ?0 Yes,1 No

• Calsonic Skyline ? 45 MHz ?0 Yes,0 No

• Spec Ed Castrol Skyline ? 35 MHz ?5 Yes,0 No

• Spec Ed Loctite Skyline ? 45 MHz ?2 Yes,1 No

• Spec Ed Penzoil Skyline ? 27 MHz ?0 Yes,2 No

• Spec Ed Xanavi Skyline ? 57 MHz ?7 Yes,0 No

• Subaru Impreza ? Blue ? 45 MHz ?9 Yes,3 No

• Subaru Impreza ? White ? 57 MHz ?1 Yes,1 No

• Toyota Bb Open Deck ? Black ? 27 MHz ?0 Yes,2 No

• Toyota Bb Open Deck ? Yellow ? 57 MHz ?0 Yes,1 No

• Toyota Celica ? Black ? 35 MHz ?1 Yes,2 No

• Toyota Celica ? Silver ? 27 MHz ?0 Yes,3 No

• Toyota Supra ? Silver ?45 MHz ?0 Yes,1 No

• AE86 Trueno ? 27 MHz ?0 Yes,3 No

• Initial D Set ? 27 MHz ?0 Yes,1 No

• Mario ? 57 MHz ?0 Yes,1 No

• Yoshi ? 45 MHz ?0 Yes,0 No
    • [/list]

• Compact Char-G Honda S2000 – Silver – 27 MHz – 0 Yes,3 No

• Compact Char-G Honda S2000 – Yellow – 40 MHz – 0 Yes, 0 No

• Compact Char-G Nissan Skyline GT-R – White – 27 MHz – 0 Yes, 0 No

• Compact Char-G Nissan Skyline GT-R – Blue – 40 MHz – 0 Yes, 0 No
    • [/list]

• 57MHz Tally -13 Yes,8 No
    • 45 MHz Tally -14 Yes,7 No

• 35 MHz Tally -15 Yes,6 No

• 27 MHz Tally -1 Yes,18 No
    • [/list]
      EDIT: added fastburro, shard, Diego, dave san, zero2sixty, plasma, TiburonGT, deejay40, svzurich, squerb, Le Tigre, akira112, kclem69, babybel x2, Lebowski, Vermin, andrew_charg, Zagatto, matte, mitel, mojoheli, Nasaj, sciamano, Piccolo_DBz, Scoobyvroom, Mathyou, ag04, RichXKU, storybox, robman, Fandangler, Wille, gtvolv, bw03, KiLLiSION, Chewy, Snoopyy, Jimb0, zero2sixty, ugosplatdata. Added NSX-R, Compact Char-G S2000 and GT-R, Toyota Supra

Admin
    Participant

So far.. only the Blue ImprezaWRX has a conflicting results.. Anybody out there with a blue WRX check your controller!

Admin
    Participant

What is a cripple capacitor?

I have a Spec Ed Castrol Skyline ? 35 MHz and I have no idea what a cripple capacitor is or what it does?

Is it something bad that needs to be removed?

Shard

Admin
    Participant

nevermind just stumbled across the range mod page.. hm, i’ll have to open my remote controller thing tommorow and see if I have one of these lil buggers in there that needs removing.

Shard

Admin
    Participant

Basically, someone found this capacitor in the controller that looked like it was added as an afterthought. They removed it and the car’s range increased. However, it only seems to be in someremotesand it is non-existent in the 4-band controller. It’s a very simple mod and my range went from 6ft to 20+ft! Go here for pictures: http://www.ausmicro.com/technical/bitcharg/transmitter-range-mod/index.htm

I kinda question some of the results we have and whether some people even know what they are looking for (Hint: It’s NOT labeled cripple capacitor :smiley2:)

Admin
    Participant

I have both the (27mhz)AE86Trueno & (45mhz)Gloria sets.

My friend has the (45mhz)Blue Impreza.

I’ll check them tonight.

-Floyd

Admin
    Participant

It’s a capacitor linking a couple of the resistors on the controller PCB that “cripples” the transmission range of the remote.

Admin
    Participant

I have a 45MHz WRX, and took it apart to do the range mod. I found no capacitor on top, but being an EE and having a devious mind, I took out the PC board to look at the BACK of the board. Lo and behold, there is a 10pF cap soldered to the board in just the right place. Snip, snip; range now in the 7 meter class.

Moral; if you don’t find the cap on top of the board, look on the bottom!

Good luck!

Mark

Admin
    Participant

Great first post fastburro! Possibly solving the problems of many more people is good. And it’s very good to have an EE around here. I’m an AE which isn’t very usefulformicro RC cars.

Admin
    Participant

hey fastburro, is it possible for you to get some pics of the bottom of the circuit board to show where that capacitor is located?

Admin
    Participant

Ok my Spec Ed Castrol Skyline ? 35 MHz had the capacitor and I removed it no probs.

tiburonGT: pics are located here:

http://www.ausmicro.com/technical/bitcharg/transmitter-range-mod/index.htm

Admin
    Participant

i saw those pics already, but fastburro said if you can’t a cap on the top, look at the bottom.

Hey fastburro, I took out my PC board too but I dont see any 10uF capacitor on the other side though.

Admin
    Participant

chances are yours doesn’t have one then?

check the list posted on page1 with yes/no’s for each car…

Shard

Admin
    Participant

Tiburon;

I’ve got it all put back together, or I’d take some pics. It is extremely easy to identify, however. I think that I remember that it was the only capacitor mounted on the bottom, it is marked 10 for 10pF, and is soldered with very short leads to the 2.2Ohm(red-red-gold) resistor lead on the bottom and the ground plane. just clip off the capacitor and you’re done.

If I get some time I’ll try to take the controller apart and take some pics.

Mark

Admin
    Participant

I guess mine (silver Honda s2000 57 mhz) doesnt have one on the top nor the bottom then cuz I looked really careful but couldnt find it. But anyway, I’ll be waiting for those pics with interest. Thanks fastburro

Admin
    Participant

good idea fastburro i will check that now ..

Admin
    Participant

Nope checked again .. my answers remain the same ..

dave san
    Participant

I just checked for the cap on my controller and it has one, but it is connected to D3 instead of R9.Oh wait….I mean it *had one*. Range wasdecent before but nowis much better. I’ll check my sons tomorrow and see whatsup with it.

Admin
    Participant

I just modified my Xanavi Hiroto GT-R 57 MHz
    transciever (It had a 30 pF cap). The range increased from 4 ft to 15 ft. That’s so cool!! I don’t have to follow my Bit CharG everywhere now. (like walking the dog).

zero2sixty
    Participant

I found the cap under the board of my WRX controller (like Fastburro). Nothing on the Celica.

Subaru Impreza WRX? Blue ? 45 MHz ?Yes

Toyota Celica ? Black ? 35 MHz ?No

Here are some pics Tiburon:

http://www.pbase.com/bitcharg/mods

http://www.pbase.com/bitcharg/wrx_vs_crippling_cap

dave san
    Participant

I just checked on my sons mitsu evo…..no cap. Not on top, not on bottom.

FWIW the controller on my Skyline that had the cap (but to D3) is a silver and black unit. The controller on my sons is one of the translucent controllers.

I have one of those super bright LED lights….you cansee through the translucent controller with it to look for the cap. I took it apart just to check it out anyway….

dave san
    Participant

I just removed a ‘hidden’ cap from the neighbors Blue WRX. Went from 6′ range to a good 20′.

Admin
    Participant

Impresa WRX White 57MHz from 9′ with capacitor to 20′ without it. I found out that the capacitor in my controler is not 10pF, it’s 30pF.

Hope this could help

Admin
    Participant

hey thanks zero2sixty, very nice and clear pics and you really got a good sense of humor….well….I couldnt find any evil capacitor on my transmitter (neither top or bottom), I guess I would have to stick with the 5 feet range that I am getting right now…..just out of curiosity, what does that little capacitor do anyways? Why did TOMY put it on the board if it actually decrease the range?

Admin
    Participant

dave san – what colors/frequencies are your cars? I assumed a Blue Skyline and a Yellow Lancer for the list update just to get the numbers in there, but I’ll change it if I got it backwards.

Admin
    Participant

Silver S2000 – 30uf capacitor on bottom of PCB

Went from 5′ to 25′ just got my S2000 this morning in the mail.

Admin
    Participant

Everyone, I added some new stats to the database. Specifically, I added the number of occurances in each frequency. Interesting results.

Admin
    Participant

just did the mod and doubled my range.

Xanavi Hiroto SE Skyline 57Hz took out 30pf cap

Thanks,

–KK

Admin
    Participant

Is removing the cripple cap. easy? I dont want to screw up my Bit, If i mess up i think i will S**t myself. do you have to cut the wires at a certain area or does it not matter? Do i have to use a soldering iron or can i just clip it with wire cutters?

Admin
    Participant

Compact Char-G (not Bit Char-G – This is the Australian and European version that is slowling becoming available at certain retail outlets, just got it today)

Honda S-2000 (Silver – 25Mhz)

No cripple capacitor found.

Is there any other way I can increase the range? It’s not pathetic, but it coul definitely be better. How far does that car antenna replacment mod increase the range by?

Admin
    Participant

I have a 27mhz nsx. Today I took apart my controller looking for the cripple capacitor. I do not have it on the top of the board but i believe i might have it on the bottom. On the bottom near the red LEDs I have a resistor and a capacitor. The capacitor is marked “10”. It is not in the same location as the other pictures I have seen. That is why Iam hesitant to cut it. Here are pictures of the top and the bottom. In the picture of the bottom you can see the capacitorto the right-bottom of the LEDs. Is this the cripple capacitor?

Admin
    Participant

Well ugosplat, I cut the cap and resistor on an NSX (which later became my nephew’s), but I could have sworn that they were in a different location. Also, I did not check the range before their removal, but the range after was nowhere near the range of the usual “after crip cap” cars. Unfortunately, I can’t check the remote to see if it was the same as yours since it is in Colorado and I’m in Maryland :smiley6:.

If you you have the ability, you could experiment with it, but I’d use a soldering iron to remove the components so you can put them back in if there’s a problem or it makes things worse.

I added my nephew’s NSX-R to the database as a Yes since it had a cap that I removed, but I’m not sure if it counts since the range still isn’tthat good.

Admin
    Participant

Silver S-2000 (27 MHz) from K-Mart: No Cap.

About ~6ft range.

Admin
    Participant

red RX7 57mhz, cripple capacitor hidden on controller

Admin
    Participant

tell me fellas that k mart bit char-Gs are clear with no crip capacitors?

Admin
    Participant

Received TOMY White Accord Wagon 35Mhz from ToyEast on July 23/02. My unit HAS a capacitor.

Capacitor code: 22pF

Original range: ~6ft; Modified range:non-exaggerated 12-13ft.

Admin
    Participant

K-mart Compact Char-gs have no cripple capacitors.

I tested out managed to test out the full range of my yellow Honda S2000 a couple of days ago, it was incredible! Must have been AT LEAST 15 metres (it went down the full length of our school’s english hallway, past 4 full sized classroms lengthwise).

I love this little car…

Chewy
    Participant

Red Mitsi Evo 35Mhz – Capacitor BEHIND circuit board.

White Subaru Impreza 57Mhz – NO Capacitor.

Both bought at same time. Removed Mitsi capacitor and range vastly improved…

Admin
    Participant

Chewy, youve made my day! I’ve a red Evo On its way from Toyeast. Hopefully mine also has the Cripple Cap, so it can be removed…….:smiley1:

Admin
    Participant

Both of my cars have the cripple capacitor on the underside of the transmitter. Range was increaesd with tweaking POTs and by cutting off cripple capacitor. Range on both cars now ~15ft (I took a tape measure and measured it out).

Admin
    Participant

By the way, does anyone wanna update the list of cars that have/don’t have the cripple cap? From what it seems, the K-Mart variant of the Bit Chars don’t have the cripple cap at all on all models. Just an observation from you guys that posted.

Admin
    Participant

Anyone bought a Char-g in the UK from Toys R Us? I have read somewhere they are stocking 2 of them. Honda S2000 and SKyline, both 40 Mhz. I wonder if these have the Cripple Cap.

Admin
    Participant

I Am going to Toys R Us Tomorrow, Will buy the Skyline if Possible, Will post as soon as i know if a Cripple cap is fitted.

Admin
    Participant

Where exactly is the cripple capacitor on the red evo? I dont know what im looking for, but this thing stutters at more than a foot.

Admin
    Participant

Jimb0,

I had it the same place that it’s posted here:

http://www.pbase.com/bitcharg/mods

Actually, both of my cars had the capacitor in that location.

Chewy
    Participant

That’s where it was on my Red Evo too.

Admin
    Participant

Have just bought Blue Skyline from UK Toys R Us, Havent checked for Cripple Cap yet, but range seems to be a good 10 feet or so straight out of the box.

Unfortunately bought it for a mate, still waiting for my red evo to turn up from Toyeast. Where is that Postman!!

Admin
    Participant

I opened up the controller on my rev evo(35mhz) and accoarding to QFM it says the cripple capacitor should have L3 and R9 touching eachother but on my controller it has L3 and B3 wired together. Help! Should I cut it?

Admin
    Participant

I cut it, and WOW it goes so much further now.

zero2sixty
    Participant

45Mhz Supra… can’t find a Crip Cap in the usual places… but then again… Tomy is getting sneaky and the board doesn’t resemble the 45MHz WRX board at all. Max range is <10ft. w/ quite a bit (no pun intended) of shutter @ 5-10 ft.

http://www.pbase.com/bitcharg/supra&page=2

0-60

Admin
    Participant

27mhz nsx-r NO CRIPPLE CAP

45mhz wrx blue NO CRIPPLE CAP

57mhz red rx-7 YES CRIPPLE CAP

35mhz castrol spec ed skyline YES CRIPPLE CAP

Matt

Admin
    Participant

Snoopyy said:

By the way, does anyone wanna update the list of cars that have/don’t have the cripple cap?

OOO! OOO! OOO! Can I please? I update the database every couple of days. If you need it more frequently, you can always look at the last user on the list and figure out who posted what after the latest update. Maybe someday Aaron could make an automated database, but I think he’s got other, more important stuff to do. And this works out ok. I’d actually like this thread to die so I could start a new one with the database and a mini-FAQ as the first post.

Admin
    Participant

Hey guys, if any of you contributed to this database with a no answer to your particular car and later found it on the under side of the controller,could you please post something up saying that you found it? There are a couple of cars that have both yes and no answers.

Oh, and sorry ylexot. I didn’t know u were updating it every once in a while. Very informative post, btw! Lets others make better decisions in purchasing a bit char-g – including myself! :smiley14:

Admin
    Participant

If someone found it on the supra, I’d be very grateful.

Admin
    Participant

Initial D (Project D) 27mhz – NO cripple cap….

wish I found this thread earlier….I opened it up and found out I didn’t have one! :smiley7:I was hoping to get a better range….stock is pretty bad…maxes out about 3meters.

Admin
    Participant

Xanavi Hiroto Skyline 57mhz – YES cripple cap

Castrol Nismo Skyline 35mhz – YES cripple cap

Admin
    Participant

So is it better to have a cripple cap or not

Admin
    Participant

Hi, i just bought a BIT CHARG for my lil brother for his birthday.. He got the

BLUE SKYLINE 35 MHZ – Range is terrible. I believe he has the cripple capacitor and i took a pic of his circuit board for u guys to tell me what to do for my lil bro…

Heres the pic (Press CTRL+N to open new browser and copy and paste the link)

http://www.geocities.com/bodykithookup/PANA0143.JPG

Also guys if u can please help me, i just picked up a Pennzoil Skyline too.. The circuit board doesnt have a cripple cap. too, and the C3 is a number 103. does this make a diff??

My range is very poor but it has no signs of the cap. i uploaded a pic of my circuit board too… plz help me guys.. thanks a lot!

Heres the pic (Press CTRL+N to open new browser and copy and paste the link)

http://www.geocities.com/bodykithookup/PANA0142.JPG

Admin
    Participant

Xanavi Special Edition 57MHz Yes — not anymore

Suburu WRX BlueYes (back) — not anymore

NOTE: WRX cap was on the back, labelled 10. On the controllers with the clearish case this capacitor is visible without opening the case! Just shine a flashlight through the side with “loop” on the antenna side of the case. The capacitor can easily be seen UNDER the green resistor, you can also see the blue wire on this side.

Admin
    Participant

Toyota Celica Saftey Car – White(27mhz) oem car

here’sa pic

car has no criple cap ( top or bottom or controller) range a good 5-6 metre , not bad for a little guy.

Admin
    Participant

Hey, a little off topic, but I wonder if a my Z-Car has a cripple Capacitor. Doesn’t go to far, so I’m tempted to tear apart the controller and find out. But then again since the controller is different then Bit Char-G cars… But hey, other then that, the car is the same. Gotta find out, post up soon.

Admin
    Participant

Rats, it didn’t. Well is seems the the Bit copies sold under the name of “Z-Cars” doesn’t have a cripple capacitor. I found out though that my batteries were near dead, so I replaced them and instantly I have better range. For those of you who can’t extend their range, try that and it might help.

-Chris

Admin
    Participant

anyone? supra crip cap?

Admin
    Participant

Johnuk, what do you think of the overall quality of your celica? I just ordered an OEM Thunder Skyline 35mhz. Toyeast states 90% quality of Tomy. Is it still ok though. I already have a Tomy Mitsi also 35mhz, (broke) and the oem price convinced me to buy it as a replacement. I’m still hoping to use the tomy controller though as it had a Cripple cap.

Thanks in Advance

Admin
    Participant

G-17 Subaru Impreza WRX (White) 57MHz – YES, on back.

Interestingly, the one end of the crip cap was soldered to the D3 (resistor?) point instead of the expected R9 resistor point. Once excised, the car’s range increased from approximately 3m to roughly 12m.

Strangely, there seems to be a ‘dead zone’ at around 8m, where the car stutters a little, but beyond that it operates as normal. I’m not sure if this dead zone is caused by the fact that the signal is forced to travel through a doorway, but I’m guessing it could also be due to interference from an intercom base station in the area. Any other suggestions?

Admin
    Participant

hobbes, the quaility is very good the only downside is the poorly painted shell, got a proper one that fits just about perfect , one other thing peeps qfm posted a article bout removing a cap from the rx on the car itself, anyone had any luck with that?

johnuk

Admin
    Participant

-Silver S2000 57mhz YES to cripple campacitor, on the back of the circut board labeled with a “30” my range went from about 5 feet to around 10 or 15 feet… i’m a newbie :smiley4:

Admin
    Participant

Stevebhg,

U r a lifesaver. I have two 45meg transmitters. One for the Blue Subaru with an L01 sticker inside the battery cover. It had the ‘cripple cap’ on the component side of the circuit board. My other 45meg transmitter is for the Nissan Gloria. It has a B02 sticker on the battery cover andalso has a ‘cc’ but this one is on the other side. Both caps were labelled 10. I will be checking my other 5 Tomy cars and my 3 copies.

Cheers

Admin
    Participant

I have noticed some correlation between battery cover stickers. Check this out.

45 meg clear transmitter L01 sticker had ‘cap’ Blue Subaru

57 meg silver trans. L01 sticker had ‘cap’ Red RX-7

45 meg clear trans. B02 sticker had cap Nissan Gloria

57 meg clear trans. C02 sticker no ‘cap’ White Subaru (no.1)

57 meg clear trans. C02 sticker no ‘cap’ White Subaru (no.2)

35 meg clear trans. C02 sticker no ‘cap’ Red Lancer EVO

27 meg silver trans. G02 sticker no ‘cap’ Silver Celica

Capacitor labelling was either ’10’ or ’30’

Are these stickers production type labelsand if so could they be linked to ‘cap’ and non-‘cap’ transmitters?

Any thoughts appreciated.

Admin
    Participant

Hello. Adding mine to the DB.

Initial D set – 27Mhz – no cripple cap – D02 sticker

Interestingly enough, I get pretty good range on my car straight out of the box. I’m getting near 20ft.

Admin
    Participant

I have a 35MHz Red EVO and there is a cap labled 22 on the bottom of my board connecting C4 and L3. I have not cut it yet, I am new to this and am not sure if this is the “crippling cap”. If I do cut it I will post results.

Admin
    Participant

Eman, I too have the Red Evo, and i had the Capacitor under the circuit board. Its the only one on that side. I cut it and it gave me a good boost to my range. Hope this helps.

Admin
    Participant

It did cut back on most of the shuttering and gave me a little better range. Thanks for the info.

Admin
    Participant

a

Admin
    Participant

So what is the consensue on the Honda NSX (white 27mhz)? I haven’t found one yet, but ther is one circuit on the back, that just doesn’t look like it should be there. The whole back is green and there is this little brown circle circuit there. is that it?

Admin
    Participant

Check this, i have a white wrx (57mhz) the cripple capacitor was not in it but i looked at some pictures at ausmicro and found that i have an extra capacitor between my L1 and R3 resistors. Anybody got a clue as to what this one is for, it was definately not added as an after thought.

Admin
    Participant

Compact White & Blue Skylines, no cap, Yellow S2000 no cap, but the range on the White Skyline is shocking.

Bit NSX-R 27mhz not capped, but average range

Bit Skyline SE set 35mhz no cap, good range

Bit Fairlady Z Booster 57mhz, no cap, awesome range :smiley1:

Admin
    Participant

hey guys, i did try to trawl thru to check if anyone had posted what i wanted but didnt see it after a coupla pages and so am gonna ask anyway….

Does anyone have any capacitor info such as values, number on the pcb layout etc,that the cripple cap usually is, and can help peeps identify it? I looked at the transmitter of my Loctite Skyline (45Mhz) and didnt see any caps that looked like afterthoughts, although there was one that seemed to be right next to the blue aerial wire, but it was mounted and labelled properly….

Just wanted an idea of whether it could be the one or not, so if anyone has anything that could help me it would be appreciated.

Loctite Skyline 3.0 45Mhz

Nissan Fairlady Booster 3.0 57Mhz

Mitsubishi Lancer Evo 2.6 35Mhz The last two are my bro’s

• Viewing 89 reply threads
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.