Duel battery mod gone wrong :(

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      Admin
      Participant

Its not looking good right now. I used this link to do the mod: http://www.endlesswaltz.net/bdrift/2batt.htm

And i wont blame it on the instructions just me. I think i did the battery part correctly. But im having terrible trouble charging it. Here are the problems:

When attached to other controler to charge i am able to steer whilst on the controler. But whilst its on the stand alone it doesnt (4aa bats). The car doesnt even bloody click into the stand alone. It makes no sence. I mean if snaps on the the other…whats the difference!

Next is that it doesnt even move. After giving it 2min of chargin on the standalone it still dont work. AHHH!!!

Is there an aussie out there that does this? Could i send you my controler, car, standalone thingo ect. If i sent it all to you and gave you some cash could you fix it for me??? Also maybe fix the damn steering too!!! just give me a price and i will discuss it with you. But only aussies cause otherwise the shipping costs would be outta control.

Admin
      Participant

Have you checked out the instructions at QFM? You’ll also need to check this one out too.

Other then that, sorry mate, not done it, can’t help you :smiley6:

GT-ahh
      Participant

have you got the correct polarity for the stand alone charger? try swapping the wires…

when looking at the bottom of the car, with the nose to the left and the rear to the right, the wire from the positive end of batteries corresponds with the bottom contact.

hope this helps

PandaBear
      Participant

Post here a pix of what you’ve done, maybe…

btw the QFM & TinyRC pix is a little misleading. The battery terminals should NOT be polarised – ie they shouldn’t have +/- on them. If they do, then convention would expect to put the battery’s + with +, and – with – (like when you put a battery in anything else)… *NOT* as shown in the picture.

Use some common sense, follow the circuit through carefully and you’ll fix 99% of all faults like that.

floopyb
      Participant

I had exactly the same problem, turns out that one of the wires dislodged, so the batteries would not charge, but the car would run while connected to the charger. Make sure all you connections are solid!

Admin
      Participant

I spose i could help you, but first, show some pics etc.

Make sure the positive wire goes to the tab on the left side of the car.

(looking at it from the back)

Admin
      Participant

Thanks guys. Hey jamie my cam doesnt work so no pic unfortunatley. Would anyone accept $20 or maybe a char-g (in great condition) to make it run awesome? Cause i could send you out the char-g if you were to make a duel battery mod for it and also fix the stand alone charger. Maybe you could pervide a proper battery for it aswell. Cause mine is for my clone… Please cause i really wanna have it working. Also maybe if it was the duel battery but with both batteries in the conceled in the car if ya know what i mean….

get back to me asap please. there could be a new charg coming to you… 😉

Admin
      Participant

sorry about the stand alone charger, maybe if you just hooked it up to the normal controller that would be great. Like in that pic.

GT-ahh
      Participant

i can prob help you out, where you live?

Admin
      Participant

No charge…but if you live closer to gt-ahh, it will probably be cheaper.

Admin
      Participant

Yeah im in melbourne. Gtahh do you have msn…ive got yours jamiekulhanek. Also can both of you do the mod so both batteries fit in the chassis?

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.