Hobby Link Japan – Reliable?

Home Forums General Chat Hobby Link Japan – Reliable?

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Admin
      Participant

I’ve been looking at Hobby Link Japan’s site, and I’ve noticed that their prices are great. 2 Gear sets, 2 Tire sets, and 2 4 Channel Controllers will cost a little less than $40 U.S., plus shipping…

What are your experiences with them?

Rob

Admin
      Participant

Forceusr

Only had one order fulfilled by them (http://www.hlj.com)so far. When it arrived, it was superbly packaged and documented, and the goods were exactly as ordered by myself. Delivery from Japan to Australia was an impressivefour business days.

The issue was actually getting answers to emailed enquiries. Very first order disappeared from the system. I read the FAQ and then sent an email. Automated responses do their best to help, but sometimes it just doesn’t cut it. It took around a week to get a response from a human. Follow-up emails took anywhere from 2-3 days.

Cheers

Derek

Admin
      Participant

They ripped me AUD80ish on my Amex with my last order. They’re going to be very sore when AMEX finishes pasting them for that!

Aaron

Admin
      Participant

I have ordered from Hobby Link before and it took forever to get. I just found a place online in the U.S. http://www.jdmtoys.com. They pick up the freight anywhere in the U.S. and the prices range from $35 – $40. I also just saw them at Hot Import Nights Car Show, they had almost every make and model. Hope this helps.

Admin
      Participant

I ordered from them, took 3 1/2 month to receive order + they didn? declare package as gift so I had to pay more than thought !!

Go to Ebay.com look for the sellers STELLAMODELS or SANGPOLLY.

(there?s a thread over @ http://www.microracers.com forum !!!

Admin
      Participant

I’ve ordered from them around 12+ times in the last year, and have been a long-time customer in a way, and have always been happy with their service. Although they don’t update your order information often, if the item is in stock, I’ve had turnarounds of JP to US in under a week, sometimes much faster. When I started ordering bit char-g stuff back in February, the orders took much longer usually because one or 2 items was out of stock.

Like most importers, cdjapan.com also does this (for those who order import cd/dvd)- they ship the order once ALL parts are in stock, so occassionally the delay is due to them running out of an item right before you place an order.

I suggest making 2 orders- one for stuff they have in stock, and those not in stock- it works much better that way. Also, the volume of orders for bitchar-g is MUCH less than gundam, takara, or other items they reguarily stock.

-dan

Admin
      Participant

I’ve ordred other anime toys (not Bit Char-G) from HLJ and it was such a hassle. They’re site specifically says that if the item is listed in bold it is in stock. When I placed my order for all the items I wanted in bold, most of them were on backorder. They held my entire order until everything came in, which took a few months. Trying to contact them via email is liking trying to pull teeth. I couldn’t get anyone on the phone nor did anyone answer my emails in a timely manner.

If you would like better service, descent pricing, and quicker delivery times here in the states, try http://www.jdmtoys.com I’ve bought some Bit Char-G toys and accessories from them and had a pleasurable experience. Tell them Brandon sent you over.

-B

Admin
      Participant

I found hlj to be like a turtle… slow but reliable…

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.