Hot wheels

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • Author
      Admin
      Participant

I friend got me a bit Char-g WRX from Japan

Just wondering if i can use parts for the new Hot Wheels Racers that i saw in kmart while looking for the aus range of Bit Char-g cars.

They look like same motors and stuff

the motor in it is an orange ended one.

but they have no remote just charge and go things

Admin
      Participant

HEY, SAW THAT TOO AND DECIDED TO BY ONE FOR SPARE PARTS FOR MY MODIFIED RX-7 (PICTURES TO BE POSTED). THE MOTOR IS A 2.6B THE NI CAD BATTERY IS THE SAME, AND THE GEARS CAN ALSO BE SALVAGED.

GUESS WHY? IT IS PRODUCED BY TOMY, AND SOLD THRU HOTWHEELS USA. IT IS ALMOST THE SAME SETUP WITH HOPUP OPTIONS BUT WITHOUT R/C.

PLAN TO ALSO USE THE SPARE BATTERY TO SUPERCHARGE MY ZOOM ZOOM.

Admin
      Participant

sounds cool, thanks guys.

Cheers

Admin
      Participant

Does anyone have a link to hot wheel’s site or walmart, or whoever else should have pics/info n these lisenced cars, Hot Wheels USA claims to have no product of that sort wheneverI call their customer support lines, and both US and Australian posts reference them.

Thanks,

-Dan

avoid the noid
      Participant

yea i WORK at walmart and i checked for it in the computers and found nothing at all so maybe its just were i live or something but walmart hasnt heard anything of them

Admin
      Participant

The HotWheels kit is in fact the TOMY Bit Racer under a different name. The Argos catalogue in the UK lists it. A car and charger for only ?9.99. I purchased a Bit Racer car from ToyEast sometime a go and most of the parts are compatible.

Martin

Admin
      Participant

Here is the official investor press release for the HotWheels release of the BitRacer. They will be released in the US as K.I.T. Racing Cars. They are already being sold in select Walmarts in the US (test market?), but nationwide distribution is slated for august (maybe to coincide with the microsizers, you think?). Thanks to P. Wright for submitting this great info to the QFM website.

U face=Arial color=#0000ff http://mattel.com/investors/2002_tf_ny/2002HOTWHEELSNoImages.doc/U

Admin
      Participant

link doesnt work 🙁

Admin
      Participant

hey i picked up one of the hot wheels one today

from kmart.

info on box for anyone trying to find them.

bar code is 0 74299 56565 6

the only thing that looks like a product number

57519-0710

looks like 4 models 2 with 2.2motor

2 with 2.6motor

so now my WRX has a 2.2motor

the changed over the front tyres

so the stearing works better with more speed

Admin
      Participant

matty- I just picked up the 4 models they had availiable- 2 ship with 2.2 motors (M1) and 2 with 2.6 motors (M2)

the heatsinks, tires, and batteries are compatible, but that’s about it.

the axles don’t fit and even if they did the gearing wouldn’t mesh properly.

I haven’t seen the official tomy japanese bit racer release, but the chroming on the wheels looks MUCH better than the stock bit char-g wheels.

for 39$ they also make a track set that comes with a “bonus” car and extra tuneup parts- this seems the same as the stock figure eight track tomy makes, but with an analog lap counnter, not the digital one they make as an addon.

-dan

GT-ahh
      Participant

in australia hotwheels k.i.t racers sell for ~$25

Admin
      Participant

I actually put up a brief review of the Hot Wheels Kit Racing sets on my site. It should give you a little info to go on…

GT-ahh
      Participant

dude does anyone know what compound tires and what morots come with each? the mph/kph comes with a 2.6 motor….thats all i know

Admin
      Participant

It appears that everything but the MPH/KPH set comes with the 2.2 motor. I picked up the SLALOM set two nights ago so I could get four slicks for my WRX (and another 2.2 motor).

Admin
      Participant

MPH/KPH and RPM are 2.6

ENERGI and SLALOM are 2.2

9$ at US Walmarts…

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.