i got me an overland!

Viewing 122 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

like the topic title says, i picked one up in the city yesterday for dirt cheap and im really happy with it.

setting up obsticle courses in the motel room was easy using books,placemats and boxes and in under 10 minutes and a little creativivity i had a real fun set up going. i think i went through 2 sets of batteries over 3 hours of non-stop trials with it. far more enjoyable on your own if your limited for space than a racer. ive never used an 02 before so the brakes took a while t0o get used to but after a while i loved em!

i then decided to swap some parts from one of the 3 01’s i have to get it going faster and smoother, a set of the sealed bearings (pn from Aaron) and a kyosho x-speed as well as the nice red antenna for the car made all the difference! on the low pile carpet in the room i can pop wheelies! crawling is a bit easier with the x-speed as well as there is more range of speed available and the bearings help with coasting down hill obsticles. what was a 45 degree hill when it was stock became a launchpad with the faster motor, i just crawl up to the jump and give it a stab of full throttle and it gets some decent air for its scale…

i then took it outside for a ciggy break and almost nothing could stop it, grass and rough terrain is great to navigate around. the freedom to cruise is something ive missed with the 01’s i have.

only problem was that the only bodies left where dodgy wankers (pajero’s) so today i went to moddelers world and scored a tamiya 1/24th kit a toyota bB. shes gonna be pretty i tell ya!

Participant

sounds like fun! looking forward to seeing the new bodywink.gif8ball.gif

Participant

good stuff Z beam! Pete and I were talking about it the ther night and decided we were both going to get one too… the price is just too good!! Will no doubt wack an H2 shell on it. Keep us updated with pics on the bB shell Z!!!xp1700.gif

Participant

Big time want 1 Hmmmm :p
      If a pajero is all that is left then i might strip all fittings out and spray it a different colour :smiley2::huh:

Participant

i’d love to get the white dakar pajero, it’s been one of my favorites and hard to find here in the u.s. now

Participant

that was one of the earlier released bodies for OL yeah Arch? Pete; go the Merc, you were keen as last night!! Or that might have been thebeers talking for you…tongue.gif

Participant

yes, it was one of the 2 first released bodies

Keymaster

arch I’ll have a scope around the traps in HK and JPY to see if there’s any onld stock going cheap 🙂

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

Participant

Please do, Shells are a must…

Keymaster

Interested in blanks? I’ve seen some cheap (AUD$25-30 at your door) and painted up of some things for under AUD$45 at your door….

Gimme a list of preferences and I’ll see what I can chuck intot he next orders I make (no obligation on your part)

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

Participant

Hummer H-1 the red one.

what mr02 MM bodies are there??

Participant

02.jpg

Apeearently these are new cars to be released by Kyosho the gt40 is gonna be a MM MR02 same with the ferrari and the astra.

they all look good!

btw i ripped these pics from http://www.pnracing.com

06.jpg

09.jpg

08.jpg

12.jpg

Participant

while im in the phot posting mood i should really post some overlander stuff sorry for higjacking the thread z!

but im sure after you see this pic you will be impressed by these guys track making skills!!

bnlows my track into the weeds thats for sure.

would be cool to use!

btw does anyone know wheree you can more photos of this track set up i think the guys are spanish?

Participant

the ford pickup pick iis real nice talldude and the track looks fun… last night i went for a walk with the little pajero and found some nice gardens to race through the=at where conveniently lit up real well…

a blank land cruiser would be somethin id be interested in Aaron. hummers are a must as well…

when i got home last night (to the motel) i openened up the the black box (thats what the bB stands for apparently) and i was really astounded at the difference between the ertyl kits compared to the tamiya ones… all stops where pulled out for this kit, the tyres are softer and have a better tread than the OL ones… and they fit on stock z rims (mmm alloys!) the kit comes with a few optional parts like side skirts and even interior carpet for the floor… and pre cut masking for some of the windows that need black outlining…

really nice kit indeed!!!

Participant

thanks, let me know if you find anything

quote:

Quote:
      arch I””ll have a scope around the traps in HK and JPY to see if there””s any onld stock going cheap 🙂

A.

Participant

quote:

?what mr02 MM bodies are there??

The 02 MM bodies that i know of are as follows…

Enzo, Diablo, All the McLarens including the benz that Dave has and the M3 BMW

They are some nice pics TD :smiley2: That Astra and Impul 350Z should have come out sooner me thinks

Participant

yeah they should of brought more 350z shells out, ahwell im a bit sik and tied of skyline shells like every model under the sun has been made into an autoscale!

wouldnt mind more exotics!

but i have to get an overlander before the sell out at hobbyco. might go this wednesday or thursday.

oh yeah have to get a red hummer body to make it make my h-1 BIT HUMMER lol.

Participant

dont forget the mustang

quote:

Quote:

quote:

what mr02 MM bodies are there??

The 02 MM bodies that i know of are as follows… Enzo, Diablo, All the McLarens including the benz that Dave has and the M3 BMW They are some nice pics TD That Astra and Impul 350Z should have come out sooner me thinks

Participant

quote:

only problem was that the only bodies left where dodgy wankers (pajero’s) so today i went to moddelers world and scored a tamiya 1/24th kit a toyota bB. shes gonna be pretty i tell ya!

Only Red dodgy wanker ones at hobbyco right, no other colours….
      I have said in an earlier post that the thing would get a complete respray….BLACK

For those of you that dont know, Pajero is the Spanish word for Wanker 😀 or so i have been made to beleve but when you say it in Spanish its a silent J i think :smiley2:

Participant

Dayem, I thought I was gunna b the only one with an overland (this was way back when when they were just released ;)) looks like my 15 minutes of privaledge within AUSMICRO sydney are UP.

Oh, and I’d recommend any other body bsides the pajero streets and EVOS cuz they are quite high and the chassis-setting is tooshort…. . They flip over during high-speed turns.

I’ve found the best results with H2,bmwx5shells (longer)and perhaps the Cayenne (good luck finding it), although they all display somewhat sluggish steering due to the lack of Ball diffs.

From my experience the shock stays break rathar easily if u like doing mad ramps just make surethey’re not too steep. (The alloyshock staysaretoo heavy)

IMO the lowdown shocks are quite useless in my opinion, they almost rob the car of it’s suspension altogether!

another thing: DO NOT BUY THE CLEAR CHASSIS yes u heard me. IT’s simply not worth the effort or cost. For a start, there are almost 2X the amount of screws (compared to an MR02), and the stock ones are crappy and strip too easily. The clear chassis itself is made of more brittle plastic IMO and screwing screws in is like breaking ur wrist. I’ve changed chassis bfore on MR01’s and 2’s, but the overland was like doing jail time.

The ball screws are also screwed in too tightly and i destroyed most of mine (cuz i wanted to change thechassis to clear….boy)when I tried to unscrew them. Be prepared to buy the better quality stainless ones if u plan to unscrew them.

The main gear, situated between the diff gear and pinion, also takes a beating and breaks.I use the delrin-alloy-enforced one from GPM but it’s costly.OH and did i mention the shock stays ?:)

BTW if u are running anx-speed on it, i recommend you don’tramit intotoo much dense dirt or steep hills……thefets are moreeasily burnt out than other Z’s, cuz of our immediatetendency to display it’s torquey side……I upgraded mine to a pair of 4562’s….and usea stock pinion of 10 if ur still on stock fets…..

Have fun with ur overlands! Peace out. :)Jay-Z ur right: it’s a damn pity it’s not 4WD

Participant

have you tried the diff lock plate geo? with the bB tires mounted on normal mr-01 alloys it handles great and corners well, and the brakes are the key to effective cornering.

i really recomend using slightly smaller to lower the center of gravity and if you want to go a little further you can use the wide holed bushings from inside of wheels as a spacer under the front suspension arm. it works real well to get a little lowered stance in the front end which changes its handling at high speed quite well… if this is confusing geo-z will show you what i mean…

the thing to remember is it is a truck, not a racer so youreally have to drive it differently to avoid flipping over.

i did some daring driving yesterday on the beach, i know it was bad but i stuck to the dried out and wet sand (the stuff that aint loose and powdery but has a shell) and it was real fun… i was worried id stuff it but i really wanted to give it a real test of its capabilities. i probably wouldnt do it again because of the threats of the salt corrosion and sand wearing out gears and such.

the roosts from the back wheels are awesome and dune hopping was great! my fears where alleived when i took apart the gear box to clean it out and there wasnt a grain of sand… pretty good considering i drove it for about a kilometer down the beach!

who needs a dog when you got an overlandwink.gif

Participant

got some more pics to inspire some peeps to get an overlander!

over12g.jpg

over6g.jpg

over11g.jpg

over4g.jpg

over9g.jpg

over1g.jpg

over7g.jpg

Participant

man that is totally sick!!!!! where is the track dude???

Participant

lotta alloy under that thing… looks good with lights though

Keymaster

OK guys,

Been doing the rounds of the suppliers and here’s what’s at hand at the moment:

Painted Autoscales $50 AUD unles noted:

– Landcruiser 100 (Silver)

– Pajero Red Dakar

– Pajero White Dakar AUD$55

White Bodies (ie not painted) AUD35 each

– Hummer (I have two available and on their way)

– Pajero Dakar

– X5

– Landcruiser

Everything listed is available for those prices plus shipping to you. Within Australia we’re talkign about $5 postage. The Hummers will be here within 14 days with a bunch of other (roadcar Autoscale Blank bodies and static models . If you want a blank hummer PM me now!

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

Participant

they are the spainish nuts i was talking about dave they do some real cool (nerdy) stuff. wink.gif

i got the link from this site when you post there is usually a mini z ad thing chick on that and surf for a while eventually you will find it.

hey Aaron put me down for a red hummer i will buy one off ya next week or so, cant afford to this week im afraid.

Keymaster

Talldude: Red H1 is yours and shoudl turn up within 14 -21 days – AUD50

Big Dave: Unpainted X5 is coming AUD30

Pete & Dave: H2 Hummers (Yellow and Silver/Grey) AUD50 each

All this gear is comign from the same supplier and shoudl all turn up in the same time-frame, although these guys work on ‘order queues’ which means it comes as it lands in their stock.

I’ve only listed the bodies up here as I know you’re all trying to not get t he same 😉

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

Participant

thanks Aaron, also put me down for a bearing set and the x5 wheel set.

Keymaster

Alloy wheels? They’re pricey! I mean really pricey! But readily available… Plastics are a little harder to find.

For Bearings my recommendation is to use the PN racing MR01/02 bearing sets with the rubber shields and not worry about the two bearings buried in the gearbox.

Otherwise I’d have to sell you complete metal shielded sets that just don’t seem to have the dust protection.

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

Participant

plastic wheels will be fine! but i do want the bearings, i dont mind cleaning now and then.

thanks

Participant

talldude! put a line in between the pic hyperlinks so they dont make the page so wide!

how pricey is pricey Aaron on the overland alloys?

Keymaster

They sell for about the same price as a complete Autoscale body! Obviously shipping is less but still! Very exxy at about AUD50 a set from the only one of our suppliers that currently lists them …. Can look for a better source but would think AUD25ish is still exxy 😉

Also I have now listed everythign up in the shop (http://shop.ausmciro.net) with prices etc so if you want to make life easier for me (it simplifies paperwork) chuck stuff into and order and so on 🙂 The gear should leave Jpan in the next couple of days except for the X5 that’s currently not in stock.

A.

Edited by – Aaron on 02 June 2005 10:11:01

--
      Site Owner Guy.

Participant

i got mine!!!!!!!yay

Participant

i’ve got a week to go yet… Autoscale may even be here first!!

Participant

quote:

i got mine!!!!!!!yay

Got What…:huh:

Participant

his Overland dude…xp1700.gif

Participant

yeah i had the cash and couldnt wait any longer.

plus lisa starts a new job next week which will limit my time to get to hobby shops.

and i wasnt waiting till next saturday.

Participant

neither am I mate… getting mine in 3 days… cannot wait!!

Keymaster

As it stands:

Mini-G (Big Dave) Your X5 is here

I have 10kg of stuff from TE due today and the majority of the Autoscales should land from Japan on Tuesday as they’re not showing up as being in AU yet, but are in the Air as I type this.

This does mean it’s less likely that I’ll be up for some Racing on Sunday. However you never know.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

Keymaster

OK Gentlemen!

I am picking up (well the courier has to drop them off so I can pick them up) all the Hummers and stuff today. You have a few options for payment and shipping….

Oh Overland bearings are in stock at $15 a set 🙂 Including the tiny little ones.

Option 1:

You Direct Deposit the cashola (prices listed int eh thread) and I post a HUGE box of stuff up to dgs73 for distribution. The advantage of this is you don’t pay postage.

Option 2:

You go to shop.ausmicro.net and add everything to a cart and check out using one of the payment options. This calculates a shipping price for everything to your door.

dgs & Pete, your arrangements are already in place.

mini-g, I have your shell and the extras shoudl come in a few weeks.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

Participant

cheers mate… looking forward to it… hope you can still make it up too, time allowing…

Participant

damn that was fast! ill be needing some of them bearing sets as i lost one of the tiny little bushingssad.gifbut bearings will make it all better!

so the h1 blanks are in stock? and what the go with the overland autoscales? are they set up the same as a racer autoscale?

Participant

The Answer is yes, the same as racer autoscales…

Might get My Overland tomorrow not sure because there is a F1 on the Cards and its only $10 bucks more and a closer purchase…:smiley2:

Participant

noooooooo dont do it pete!

the offroad goodness of an overland Vs another racer (albeit a good one!)…

get the overland dood!!!

Participant

that’s what i’ve been telling him… mine’s already buggered, gave my flatmate a go last night and he’s busted the main gear! k’nell!! There’s a titanium one on the ‘bay, but i dont want to wait 2 weeks to run it again!!! grrrrr!!!!!angry.gif

Keymaster

Yup Z-beam The H1 plains are in stock. In fact all the stuff is now here…..

I have small bunch of parts like pillow balls etc coming in within about 10 days. Haven’t got confirmed shipping dates and yet to confirm pricing.

Overland AutoScales come just like a bigger version of the regular 02/01 Autoscales. Wheels etc are included.

If you’re passing near Canberra on your travels z-beam let me know and swing past 🙂

--
      Site Owner Guy.

Participant

I got my Overland today……:pI guess i knew i was going get it first :smiley2:

Dakar Pajero Evo, Its the French car with the number 206 and as ugly as it is its growing on me FAST

Now who started this latest craze again:huh:

Participant

how did that happen dgs? with the gear breaking?

congratulations pete!

Aaron: ill put my order in tonight, cant wait to get this one on the car!

gear boxes from toyeast (with the gears of course) might be an idea for the shop…

i havent gotten around to opening it up yet but my front end is stuffed… i think i got some crap inside jamming up the works b’cos its stuck on full lock…

Participant

Dakar Pajero Evo, Its the French car with the number 206 and as ugly as it is its growing on me FAST

Hey Watch what you are Calling Ugly!!!

The Pajero Evo 2 is the Most Sexy Car ever Built.

I didn’t buy my mini Z because I wanted a RC Car, I bought it because it was an Evo 2

I am still trying to decide though if I prefer the 2003 model with the big wing, or the 2004 with the little kicker at the rear.

But Hey, They are just plain Sexy!

Participant
      Quote:
      z-beam wrote:

how did that happen dgs? with the gear breaking?

congratulations pete!

Aaron: ill put my order in tonight, cant wait to get this one on the car!

gear boxes from toyeast (with the gears of course) might be an idea for the shop…

i havent gotten around to opening it up yet but my front end is stuffed… i think i got some crap inside jamming up the works b”cos its stuck on full lock…

shame to hear that Zbeam… hope it’s an easy(ish) fix for you… as for mine, the track we put down for them sees them being up to 2 1/2 feet off the ground, and he (my flatmate) simply misjudged a corner… splat. Landed on the rear right wheel first, which just so happens to be the same corner as the gears. Impact just sheared a couple of teeth right off

Keymaster

Gearboxes from TE? Got a refernce? I’ve already got a spare pinion set and a spare Geabrbox set (gen u wine) to see what they come with…

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

Participant

quote:

[/quote]
      Hey Watch what you are Calling Ugly!!!
      The Pajero Evo 2 is the Most Sexy Car ever Built.
      I didn’t buy my mini Z because I wanted a RC Car, I bought it because it was an Evo 2
      I am still trying to decide though if I prefer the 2003 model with the big wing, or the 2004 with the little kicker at the rear.But Hey, They are just plain Sexy! [/quote]

I stand buy what i said, Its Ugly but growing on me….. Falcon mate, I prefer the one in
      your Avatar…..The repsol looks like a sexy beast, wish they had of done it as a Overland Shell :smiley2:

Participant

yeah, toyeast had the kyosho stuff as well, i havent seen 3rd party parts for them before…

speaking of third party, do you have any pics of those alloy overland rims?

Keymaster

Alloys? RCMart has some top-cads – I’ve not looked intot hem much due to the cost….

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

Participant

Zbeam; the bay has a set of 5 spokes, they’re 16 bucks us. Aaron; you after alloys for your Micro RS4? They be pretty cheap from the guy i got that titanium gear off… about 20 bucks i believe

Participant

http://www.rcmart.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=144_21_69_260&products_id=10806

13.90 + shipping and handeling…. but these look great and would seriously improve the sturdiness of my overland… i can see a greater need for alloy on it than in a racer thats for sure!

an alloy front scratch plate could be nice as well, but i wonder if it would be possible to get one cast and fabricated by someone locally? or i could have a go reinforcing the plastic one on my own…

i accidently bought some monster springs from toyeast ages ago thinking they were racer roll shock springs, i installed them (soft at the back and semi-hard at the front) and no i have some serious body roll! when accelerating the whole car tilts back!

also i fixed the steering problem, after my beach escapade i must have got the 1 grain of sand in it that had stuck between two of the servo gears. removed it and after an hour of fiddling with the parts to get them back shes running smoove again…

if anyone reading this does a rcmart order could they tell me?

Participant

Quote:
      I stand buy what i said, Its Ugly but growing on me….. Falcon mate, I prefer the one in

your Avatar…..The repsol looks like a sexy beast, wish they had of done it as a Overland Shell

The Pic in My Av is teh Paj Evo 2 2005 for the Barcelona to Dakar. but if you have a look, it has no number, this pick was from them doing the shakeout. The body is the same as what you have, the only diference is the wing has been replaced by the little kicker. and yeah the paint scheme. Personaly I prefer the 2003/2004 Paint scheme

[EDIT]

I’ll take that back, the body work on the 2005 Paj Evo 2 is a little diferent, they have changed the venting on the top, at the rear, and it is posible (Though I am having trouble finding a pair of pics that confirm it positivly) that they have broadened the back a little

[/EDIT]

Edited by – FALCON-LORD on 17 June 2005 15:17:27

Participant

Go to google and search under images instead of a web search and you will find what your looking for…:smiley2:

Participant

Oh trust me, if I don’t have a pick of the Paj Evo 2 it doesn’t exist.

I have everything of the Mitsubishi site, and the Dakar site, and several car mag sites, and multiple Auto show shites … … …

It is the only car ever I have been truly obsessed over.

Apparently Solido has released a 18th Diecast of it. If any one finds one PLEASE send me the link to where I can buy it.

Participant

hey Z-BEAM, good to hear you found the grain of sand that was causing your problems!!!

seen a OL that had the front guard replaced with a hand made one and gave much better clearence for climbing. i am sure with your expertese you could do simular.

man my spelling is bad!!!!!

Participant

godamn it! never run your overland without those tiny bushings in the gearbox! i decided to fabricate a new bushing out of a spare rx-7 headlight to fix it… well stupid me didnt notice why the gears sounded so sick and i kept using it without the bushing…

almost all of the gears teeth have been worn out and it wont run at all! ARGH!!!

dgs!, anyone! where can i get a spare gear!!!??????

Participant

That was silly…

Dave’s getting 1 from the states and it will be titainium and 25 USD me thinks…

maybe a item the shop should stock, Hint…

Participant

yeah it was silly, but i fixed it… because only the small gear was damaged not the large one i trimmed off the small one and used a 10 tooth pinioin (exact teeth count and size match!) with a little trimmed off it it fitted perfectly… superglue was use to attach it and within 20 minutes i was climbing again!

when i get some more plastic gears i might work out a reduced gear with more or less than ten teeth… time to find the thread on gear theory me thinks!

Participant

that’s what i was thinking of doing… the stock one is part of the Overland pinion set though, if anyone needs to order down the track…

Keymaster

*nods* I have an MV10 (Pinion set) comign for the shop – well more than one plus a few other bits and pieces.

The Titanium gear is probably too costly to stock (by the time we whack a margin on it) but I’m happy doing a Paypal/ebay pickup of them for anyone who doesn’t have the ability.

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

Participant

s/s king pins and hinge pins would be a wise investment for people too… i will be getting some of these shortly

Participant

the hummer got here today, along with some other goodies like the overland bearings…

unfortunatly the i-waver04 oil shocks need a larger pillow ball to attach to, so unless i can get a set of monster ones i wont be able to use em…

never use a screw driver with those ball screws! just use pliers cos they are in way to tight…

hummer looks awesome, its had its first coat allready gonna be arctic camo!

Keymaster

Sweet! Ahhh I’ll chuck a Monster (iWaver) Pillow ball set into the next TE order. Have listed all the other Overland stuff I have.

Can’t wait to see the end result!

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

Participant

spray cans are a bit to broad in their pattern for nice random camo, but i have done my best with using some adjustable spray nozzles from el cheapo $2 sprays…

i really shoulda gone techy with masking tape but oh well!

should be dry enough tommorrow to mount it and take some pics…

thanks Aaron, cant wait to use the oils… they sure have different properties to the standard ones…

Participant
      Quote:
      peteWah wrote:

That was silly… Dave”s getting 1 from the states and it will be titainium and 25 USD me thinks… maybe a item the shop should stock, Hint…

actually it’s 25aud with postage Pete… 12.90usd plus 4 postage. Zbeam; Pete and I got our Hummers yesterday, H2s. Look extremely cool, and the bumper and wing morrors being rubber is a definate plus. Keep us updated with the pics! Oh, and you’re right about the ball joints, Pete gave up in disgust and handed it to me after about 10 minutes…

Participant

Due to me having a bung hand at the moment there were some things i could not get a hold of,
      Between the 2 of us we swapt out the Pajero Dakar to the H2 in about halfa, I have 1 word > MASSIVE :smiley2:

Participant

i have to agree. But oh it such a pretty thing, the detail that goes into Z shells these days is so much better than the original series of racer shells (headlight stickers on the GTR/Subaru? Huh??) But the best thing, as i mentioned earlier; all the twiddly bits are made of rubber, so a miss-judged crawl that sees you on your side will not result in missing wing mirrors. Big Dave, Pete, this has gotta be a good thing for you two…tongue.gif

Participant

Yes well Hmmmm,

I just reverted back to the Dakar in less than 20 mins but i left 1 thing…… The H2 wheels look fkun sweet on the Dakar because of the Silver/grey on the thing so i had to leave them on…….:p:smiley2:

The Dakar wheels on the H2 are not so crash hot but thats my opinion….

And my bung hand did all that i could not yesterday….

Keymaster

Well the Ti gear just arrived. You shoudl have it Thursday/Friday Dave. And yes they’re AUD25 landed from a dude on ebay.

Now to attack the Aoshima Box

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

Participant

awesome… AWESOME. Words cannot describe how badly i’m needing that gear. (actually, words justdid describe… lol) Can I actually add a MV10 set to that package if you still have a spare one laying about? Will fix up on the usual day and time if you do and this is ok… worship.gif

Participant
      Quote:
      dgs73 wrote:

i have to agree. But oh it such a pretty thing, the detail that goes into Z shells these days is so much better than the original series of racer shells (headlight stickers on the GTR/Subaru? Huh??) But the best thing, as i mentioned earlier; all the twiddly bits are made of rubber, so a miss-judged crawl that sees you on your side will not result in missing wing mirrors. Big Dave, Pete, this has gotta be a good thing for you two…tongue.gif

yeah that lancer body i got has the stickers for lights, looks bodgy but only when you look at it closly, and what you mean about the wing mirrors????? a body aint been used till something is missing of itwink.giflol

Participant

just my odd humour dude. But i do like the fact that some OLs and MR02s have this feature, it keeps things in place longer, retains the scale look.

Participant

yeah you know i think it is a great idea buddy, someone should have thought of it a long time ago!!!!!! now we will have to look to see scratches on the shell as to weather it has been used hard!

Participant

i had a second go at the camoflage last night, and im really happy with how it turned out. three layers of random masking really paid off… pics up shortly! now all i need is some of those chunky tyres they make in the states for overlands and some sweet alloy rims!

Participant

How chunky you talking Zbeam? The H2 Hummer comes with 2mm wider and maybe a tiny bit larger diameter, but i’m guesing you’re after the ‘swamper’ style rubber… looks good on an H1 too…

Keymaster

Hummer wheels/tyres are 11mm wide 🙂 I’m looking into the possibles for a different mod project here where I need big wheels (no inch ups ain’t big enough) 🙂

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

Participant

you guys want the ‘super swampers’. dunno who’s selling them though. there are also some fat lego tyres that fit ol or 01 rims too8ball.gif

Participant

Aaron; they look so good on it though!! hahaha… Seriously though, good for pics, but not able to be run… Betty; cheers for that info, gonna break out the lego at my parents again (cant believe they kept it all this time!!!), and see what i have.

Participant

You should hear the sound my H2 wheels make on Dave’s vinal floor, VER VER VER and so on.
      They will stay with the dakar as long as its alive.

Bloody Excelent:p:smiley2:

Participant
      Quote:
      dgs73 wrote:

How chunky you talking Zbeam? The H2 Hummer comes with 2mm wider and maybe a tiny bit larger diameter, but i”m guesing you”re after the ”swamper” style rubber… looks good on an H1 too…

oh damn! no wonder my pajero wheels look a little innadequit (sp?) on my hummer!

super swampers thats the ones! what lego kit comes with the right tires betty?

Participant

http://shop.lego.com/product.asp?p=8648&cn=37&d=9&t=4

are these the lego tyres you can use? 4x for $15 aint a bad deal!

Participant

here we go, found em in arch2b’s album at minizracer.

http://www2.mini-zracer.com/gallery/album311

in fact, check out his whole gallery, he must be loaded!worship.gif

http://www2.mini-zracer.com/gallery/arch2b?page=1

beware of shipping from lego, even within australia it’s something stupid like $20 minimum!!8ball.gif

Participant

those are definatly bigger than the ones we used to monsterfy our bcg’s and as far as the lego site gos, i cant see a single kit with the tires arch2b used. im sure stores will have cheap kits with them in there…

what do you think about the balloon style tyres in the link i put in above? reckon they would fit?

Participant

man i think i got me the wrong body, those hummer’s look better than in the mag.

will have to check out my lego box but dont think i have those type.

Participant

Found them i think, Take a look at this link….

http://www.lego.com/eng/create/technic/default.asp?page=technic&id=8433

Participant

$25 for 8 eh, anyone want to go halves if i find that kit?

Participant

those balloon tyres you refer to zb are no good. they go on rims with a small diameter outside and a huge diameter inside. so the holes are different sizes on each side, have another close look at the pic and you’ll see what i mean.

trust me on this one, i found out the hard way!dead.gif8ball.gif

Participant

To those with the H2 body:

Are the wheels wider than the Pajero Evo/H1/Landcruiser? and if they are, do they handle better? I’ve always suspected the wheel width is a little on the narrow side.

Honestly, I think a good US Military-style hummer, complete with camo paintjob and .50 CAL on the roof would be sweet 🙂

Porsche Cayenne Turbo, where are you? Kyosho made a few a while back……

On another note, take a look at this ULTIMATE overland crawling course. It has 3 levels and a nice snowy touch –

http://www.minizz.com/article288.html

Didn’t know it was so popular in spain……..

Participant

Heres a site that does overland tracks looks good. mental note get an overland LOL

http://www.lakeshorerc.com

photos%201%20059_jpg.jpg

photos%201%20057_jpg.jpg

Participant

Geo; that pic is wild, go back a couple of pages in this topic, i think TD put up pics of the whole track… its insane. And H2 rims and tyres are wider, but the grade of tyre is the same. Zbeam; having issues uploading pics, but it shall be done. TD; nice. good to see not all OL tracks people have done are the size of a large room or greater…

Participant

ok since the member galleries wont take any pictures at the moment ive had to go back to using webshots to host a few pics of the hummer i painted. i cant link the pics here so youll have to click on the link below to see the three pics in there at the moment.

in the mini-z gallery: http://community.webshots.com/user/zbeam

i went out to find some of the lego tyres but ended up getting ones that are not that much bigger than the stock pajero tyres… they are much wider though and have excellent grip. no pics of them just yet but ill get some soon… still having a great time with the overland and the ground outside is almost dry enough to get out in the garden with a shovel and start excavating an out of the way spot for a track. i have plans to dig out a nice course into the soil about 2cm deep and then test it with a high speed set up on the overland before buying some rolls of rubber heavy duty matt (like inner tube stuff but thicker with string reinforcement) and laying it into the cut out track in the dirt.

i may get to enthusiastic, but anyways i cant wait to get out the shovel!

Participant

awesome track by the way talldude, that one looks like it would be more enjoyable than the other more for looks one. id love to build something like that!

turns out one of my pics was approved for the permanant picture gallery so here it is!

Edited by – z-beam on 13 July 2005 02:53:35

Edited by – z-beam on 13 July 2005 02:58:34

Participant

lookin good dude… where’s the stock rims though? They’d look much more at home amongst the camo…

Keymaster

Yup – everyone is welcome to submit pics to the PIctures section! (Nice work ont he paint too)

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

Participant

sweet… i’ll have to try again today… got some newbies I wanna chuck up…

Participant

quote:

looking good dude… where’s the stock rims though? They’d look much more at home amongst the camo…

It’s a blank Dave, You know the answer to your reference…:D:smiley2:

Participant

oh yeah… minor brain fade. Sorry.

Participant

blank=no rims 🙁

still im happy with it, i just need to find a place that has those larger lego tyres… any luck at your parents place dave?

Participant

yeah, as i said, brain fade dudes… as for the lego, wrong size, they are. Gonna go with Pete some time soon and grab ne of these Technics sets.. you want i should grab you one too? If so will post em down with the ps2 game you lent me..

Participant

ill get some pics up on webshots soon of the kit i bought which had ones that fit but really arnt much of an improvement over stock OL tyres…

but yes! if you find em id love to get a set… and i nearly forgot about mashed, have you guys had a go at it yet?

Participant

nah mate… its sitting there with my other games which have’nt ben touched for weeks… now why would that be?wink.giftongue.gif

Participant

Its OL Town at Dave’s :smiley2: and not much else :p

Participant

huh?? I know I don’t need to say this, but bring your OL tonightbig.gif

Participant

Its already in a bag, I want Big Dave to see the H2 going anyways Animal

Participant

next your gonna want me to bring my OL…..geee i dont now!!!!!!

Participant

nah, leave yours at home… lol

Participant

boot up mashed guys. its simple fun that doesnt take even 10 minutes to have total control. and its something to do while the batteries are charging and mr.chong has allmost all your attention… give the ol’s a break at least between battery changes!

(maybe your evil plans include burning out the fets so you can get an upgrade…)

Participant

hey Big Dave; I thought you were founder of TDF? lol

Participant

It was your sister was it not…

Participant

you’d have to ask her…wink.gif

Participant

No, im sure without even asking that it was your sister…

Participant

if i dont get an overlander this friday you guys have permission to beat me senseless.

im plannin a trip to hobbyco this friday they should have at least halve a dozen left!!

Participant

ok TD, you’re on. One beating if no OL this weekend lol

Participant

didya get one TD? didya didya didya?

Participant

he’s not been on this page for a while so I thought i’d make it an active topic again… lol here’s hoping he did… So, has anyone done anything new to their OLs? Fets? Plasmatomic?

Participant

okay so you guys can hit me!

didnt end up going to the cty on friday had to work, planning next wednesday its when i get paid, hahahaha

Participant

muckin’ about, TD… no pressure… get an OL…hahahaha

Participant

I have a small mid and long base shells ATM and i can say i am having the most fun with the Long :p

Dakar EVO Wayne Ker > short

Dakar Land Cruiser > mid

Yellow H2 > long

Wondering when those other parts are coming though :smiley2:

Edited by – peteWah on 05 August 2005 12:10:54

Viewing 122 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.