I Love it when a plan comes together

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Admin
      Participant

Okay heres what im up too as per tonight.

im building a new race track ( custom of course ) but with one little extra bit!!! A MULTI BAND SIGNAL BOOSTER!!!!!

Yep Im gonna rig up a Signal booster like you can get for your TV antennas and your FM radios, the Bit Char-G’s work on the a signal just like the other radio items so why not a Booster for them…No more going out of range EVER!!!!!!….jsut hope i can get it to work…..Ill keep you posteed

roll on 2003 its gonna be funnnnnn

Admin
      Participant

i wanted to use a mobile phone antenna becos that would just give you unlimited range, shame i dont have a spare fone to rip apart

Admin
      Participant

I have a spare one…………whats involved in hooking it up??

Admin
      Participant

im not sure thats the thing, i need help by sum1 with electronic skills and im not sure if the frequency is right

add me to msn
      kgrind6@hotmail.com and we can talk

GT-ahh
      Participant

becuase mobile phones work on microwaves and not radiowaves i very much doubt whether it would work…the antennas are specially designed for phones with freq, wave length and signal strength… on most older mobile phones theantenna is not just external… itextends inside the phone. But hey.. ill rip up my sh*tty-1-10 (5110) and give it a go…

GT-ahh
      Participant

I forgot to mention.. the weight would be a serious disadvantage

PandaBear
      Participant

GT:- microwaves, radiowaves, lightwaves, soundwaves etc are *all* ElectroMagnetic Radiation… they only differ in Frequency.

:smiley2:

Handphones run at anywhere between 450-900-1800MHz. Antennas are tuned to intended frequencies, so it’ll be off by about a factor of 30 to 80.

Think 1:1 cars… the external mobile’s antenna is never the same length/design as the one for the FM radio (88-108MHz).

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.