Participant

No uch thing…

4WD yes… AWD No.

It doesn’t appear they have a Center Dif, and that is the mark of an AWD

betty.k
      Participant
      bithed
      Participant

..why is that video in there? i didnt get the connection between that and the AWD…

mini-g
      Participant

kyosho has some more pics on this car on there web page. look in the hobby show part(centre screen on home page)

TallduDe
      Participant

are these the pics dude?

btw some of these new Z’s are hot i need more money.!!!

heres a link but these are the pics that got me excited!

Edited by – TallduDe on 22 September 2005 13:02:17

dgs73
      Participant

hot damn… i cant wait till this is up

Keymaster

We just shipped out a Yellow GTC to a customer (Special order HK to Customers door in 4 days). and it did look schweet!

I am holding some pre-orders for the AWD, and after checking this mornign cannot accept any more (wholesaler has closed off pre-orders). Overall it looks like I _may_ have one spare AWD in White….

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

TallduDe
      Participant

how much is your ‘spare’ awd man?

Keymaster

I’m not setting a price on them, not becuase I want to make a massive profit, but becuase I want to give the best price I can without subsidising someones purchase. We know to the cost to us, what we don’t know is the international shipping cost, and can’t calculate out the duty etc. We’re also not taking money until we get a shipping notice for them.

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

ken_wyleung
      Participant

As I know,Kyosho take the per-order in Japanduing the hobby show. And I have pro-order some ‘Chassis Set’ for my friends for Japan, because we donot want the GTR34 and TX. It can be same for shipping.

Edited by – ken_wyleung on 23 September 2005 18:32:05

peteWah
      Participant

Hi Ken

You seem to know what’s going down on the AWD front ! ! !

What other options are there body wise other than the R34 or are you just getting the chassis, And can you get any more at this stage…:huh::smiley2:

ken_wyleung
      Participant

As I know the AWD Ready Set are 2 GTR34; andthe AWD can be fit most of the Mini-Z MR-01 RM, MR-015 RM and MR-02 RM body, because the chassis set sound like come with some offset wheels. Also we think it is AM27 too, so we can use existing TX. The only thing we have to search is the optional parts, there have some optional parts by Kyosho can be release as the sametime of AWD, but we donot have the items list and release date. I will keep eye on it. Andplease update me if you guys have anynews.

Thank you!big.gif

z-beam
      Participant

im very interested as well, but a price is a must!

can you find out if you can get the chassis sets Aaron, i have so many bodies and enough controlers allready. could be good for sales as well for you!

get that distributor onto it!

Keymaster

I’ve placed my orders and won’t be taking more until they’re shipping. I’ve not ordered chassis sets – however they were available to order.

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

z-beam
      Participant

well ill have to wait then!

like i said, im not interested in those bodies nor another controller. if it fits mr01 bodies im a very happy camper. when this all plays out ill be definatly just getting one of the cars.

rcs2die4
      Participant

I’llgrab a Chassis only kit too !!! can’t wait !!!

ken_wyleung
      Participant

Hi All,

This is the vedio from Kyosho Japan about the AWD

http://www.kyosho.co.jp/web/download/movie/2005prshow/wm/mini-z.wmv

Enjoy!clap.gif

Edited by – ken_wyleung on 13 October 2005 13:08:52

peteWah
      Participant

enjoyment was accomplished,

Now i know what i am in for when it comes….

And the drifting has a WOW factor about it !
      I want it NOW… ! ! ! Now i say :smiley2:

:p:smiley2:

z-beam
      Participant

ok, after downloading that vid of them in action and converting it to mp4 and watching it on the psp while smoking a ciggy i became highly excited!

screw the chassis set, Aaron i want that white ready-set you have on pre order and i want it a.s.a.p! a fourth working controller could come in handy down the road!

damn that drift action looked sweet as!

kevsta
      Participant

Oh that’s a damn good video showing some good drifting.

They’re definitely on the list of things to get for next year.

dgs73
      Participant
      Quote:
      z-beam wrote:

ok, after downloading that vid of them in action and converting it to mp4 and watching it on the psp while smoking a ciggy i became highly excited!

screw the chassis set, Aaron i want that white ready-set you have on pre order and i want it a.s.a.p! a fourth working controller could come in handy down the road!

damn that drift action looked sweet as!

yeah, it looks good on my phone too… lol liked those three Initial D cars doing their thing… cant wait till i get mine… approve.gif

betty.k
      Participant

1:28 drifting? meh, been there done that!big.gif

great vid, they sure know how to sell a product at kyosho! all i could think when watching the initial d cars was ‘SUPER DORIFTOOOOOOOO!!!!’clap.gif8ball.gif

z-beam
      Participant

one day bettya few years down the track i want to race a mini-z awd with your super x-mod…

that will be a great race indeed!

betty.k
      Participant

would be lots of fun! although since getting a mr02 i’ve barely touched the xmod!big.gif8ball.gif

merc-blue
      Participant

man the guys driving in that video are quite good.. i dont think i would like to be racingin that video a 1:10 in stock is hard enough

Admin
      Participant

Here is a Mini-z AWD undercover undercower vedio from sweden 😛

http://www.cargel.se/images/movies/AWDundercover.WMV

ken_wyleung
      Participant

This is a nice indoor track, I hope someone will set up one track like this in Melbourne.

But I can not see the Mini-Z in the video is Mini-Z AWD; 1st, it is 360GTbody for MR-02 RM, it can be fit on AWD and MR-02? 2nd, in the video that Mini-Z is not drift on the track,soitcan beAWD drift or Rear Wheel Drive drift.

Can you post more video about it please?

Thank you!smile.gif

Edited by – ken_wyleung on 22 October 2005 19:38:43

Admin
      Participant

I don’t have more videos on it sad.gif

rcs2die4
      Participant

My Pre-order has been placed !!!

Chassisonly kit … it will be shipped from the US by the 6th ofDEC at latest ..

My mate also ordered a MJ GTR RTR kit …..

we both cant wait !!!big.gif

ken_wyleung
      Participant

Some information about the Kyosho Mini-Z AWD optional (Japanese only) blackeye.gif

http://www.kyosho.co.jp/web/new_products/parts/parts00-j.html

Edited by – ken_wyleung on 29 October 2005 01:29:04

mini-g
      Participant
      Quote:
      ken_wyleung wrote:

This is a nice indoor track, I hope someone will set up one track like this in Melbourne.

But I can not see the Mini-Z in the video is Mini-Z AWD; 1st, it is 360GTbody for MR-02 RM, it can be fit on AWD and MR-02? 2nd, in the video that Mini-Z is not drift on the track,soitcan beAWD drift or Rear Wheel Drive drift.

Can you post more video about it please?

Thank you!smile.gif

Edited by – ken_wyleung on 22 October 2005 19:38:43

yes RM bodies will fit by what i have been told, but i dont think MM will,

and the drifting on the floor would be because of the surface or the tires or a combination of both, to have controled drifting like that would require 4wd.

dgs73
      Participant

after watching that second video 3 times in a row just now, I have concluded that the Z on the track is not an AWD,neither is the one doing circle work on the floor, but it washarder to tell with that one… compare the driving in both vids…

bithed
      Participant

…someone has too much free time 😉

dgs73
      Participant

yeah, i know what you mean… bit of a slow day here… as soon as i take posession of this AWD, drift pics and vid will be rife in this topic… positively bouncing in my chair here in anticipation… tongue.gif

Edited by – dgs73 on 01 November 2005 12:10:26

z-beam
      Participant

it doesnt seem at all an awd. but it could have been… more likely an xmod considering you cant get the awd’s yet (or can you?).

that tabletop trac must have had a really sticky rubber mat surface if it was an awd, it performed amazingly!

ken, can you read japanese? in the first video what is said in brackets in the bottom right corner when the awd’s start drifting?

ken_wyleung
      Participant

Hi,

I cannot read Japanese and thewords arenot clean, but I think it was ‘drift driving apply’;and some optional parts will released for AWD, which is include special tires for drift (part no: MDT001 [8.5mm] and MDT002 [11mm]).

By the way, it help me to translate Japanese to English, I hope it can give you some idea

http://www.infoseek.co.jp/Honyaku?pg=honyaku_top.html

日 is Japanese, 英 is English; so select 日->英

cheerssmile.gif

Edited by – ken_wyleung on 01 November 2005 19:57:07

demonajy
      Participant

I just ran it through the translator and she said..’now using optional tyres’

On the kyosho jp website it says selling from 1-12-05 @21,000yen ($240au)ouch!!

Admin
      Participant

With the ability of controlled drifting acheived by the AWD could it be possible that Kyosho intends to release a D1 Drift series offuture ready sets & Auto Scale? If so sign me up now!

dgs73
      Participant

Drift sereies? Myself, I can see a renewed (?)interest in the Intial D cars… oh, i’m sooo in now… hurry up Dec. 1!!!!!

bithed
      Participant

…Initial D is a given but I think you are right about the D1 series cars…Good call 😉

TallduDe
      Participant

yeah that car in the vid wasnt awd, and why did they lock the guy in the room for?

im confused as hell.

bring on the drift action any news on special drift rims?

dgs73
      Participant

i think they locked him in the cupboard for saying it was AWD when it clearly was’nt… lol As far as I can see, the tyres are the difference between grip and drift…

Keymaster

Wanna know something interesting? US RRP is going to be about USD240 apparently. Thats a MASSIVE AUD$330ish…. Damn scary, if they get officially imported here they’re going to be mega $$

Some places online are still selling ‘pre-orders’ for cheap but quantity and actual delivery could be interesting.

I’m getting my batch second level through a wholesaler in Japan and they are costing me very close to Japanese RRP (then I have to add freight, Duty, GST and my on-cost for the transactions) but I’m ensured to have them at the launch time. The cheaper you get offered the less likely you are to see them around the 1st of Dec.

Anyway – mainly posting here to gloat that I’m got myself a Chassis set coming in just for me (someone snapped up the Readyset I did have my eye on….). Hopfully the Chysler 300C shell will be riding atop it, a PN Anima and a FET job 🙂

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

bithed
      Participant

…There is always ME too though 😉 I will pick up what Aaron cant cover hows that 😉

rcs2die4
      Participant

My chassis only kit cost me $180aus delivered (delivery was only $13aus as I added it to another order !!)

My Mates RTR was $270aus delivered !!!($50aus of that is delivery !!!)

I’m told the shipping datewill be the 6th of Dec at the latest or our money back….. I’ve dealt with these people a few times before and there very good and true to there word !!!

Come on December !!!! worship.gif

TallduDe
      Participant

which people did you use man?

rcs2die4
      Participant

You’ve been PM’ed

Admin
      Participant

Anyway – mainly posting here to gloat that I”m got myself a Chassis set coming in just for me (someone snapped up the Readyset I did have my eye on….). Hopfully the Chysler 300C shell will be riding atop it, a PN Anima and a FET job 🙂

@Aaron
      I thought the Chrysler 300C is a MR015 MM. Will the wheelbase with 98mm be too long?

Edited by – fast4buy on 06 November 2005 04:20:24

Keymaster

We’ll see 🙂

There’s a few differing opinions on the ‘What narrow shells fit’ out there. It’s not like I have a shortage of shells 🙂

Your prices are quite good, and if you’ve managed your order sized OK you won’t get hit for duty and tax (which ausmicro.com as a business ALWAYS must pay) otherwise you’ll get about a 11%-12% increase in cost 🙁

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

ken_wyleung
      Participant

The AWD and its optional parts will released on Dec 1, and they are some optional parts that I have order:

MDW001 Ball bearing set 2940yen ~AUD33.50

MDW003 Arragement tire rod set 630yen ~AUD7.20

MDW004 Suspension springs set x2 1890yen ~AUD21.60

MDW005-15 and MDW005-30 Knuckle set 1050yen ~AUD12.00

MDW006 64 titanium center shaft 735yen ~AUD8.50

MDW007-02 Aluminum motor holder set 1260yen ~AUD14.50

MDW008 Aluminum motor cover 2520yen ~AUD28.70

MDW009 Hard universal swing x2 3990yen ~AUD45.60

MDW010 Pinion gear set 1550yen ~AUD17.80

MDW016 cup joint (L.R) x2 1890yen ~AUD21.60

30560 Mini-Z AWD Chassis Set 15750yen ~AUD180.00

Total arround AUD395.00 not include shipping.

ONEmore week to GO!

Edited by – ken_wyleung on 24 November 2005 21:25:35

rcs2die4
      Participant

I’ll let you’ll know howI go with the order !!!!

Touch wood !!! I’ve had a few BIG orders both in size and $’scome through and so far haven’t had to pay any extra !!!!

Hopefully this will be OK too… Fingers (and toes)crossed big.gif

22 days to go !!!! worship.gif

rcs2die4
      Participant

16 days to go !!!! big.gif

rcs2die4
      Participant

6 Days to go !!!! shock.gif

peteWah
      Participant

Hey Ken

How much have you paid for those hop up parts for the AWD
      so I knows what to expect to pay…

The closer it gets to release the more parts on this forum and others i seem to be seeing but with no prices as yet unless in Japanese, SO Im curious as to what the prices are for that list of parts you have stated above if its not to much trouble. :smiley2::huh:

Cheers.

ken_wyleung
      Participant

I just update my last post. please check!wink.gif

Edited by – ken_wyleung on 25 November 2005 11:19:35

peteWah
      Participant

OK avoid my Question then :dead::dead::dead::huh:

TallduDe
      Participant

he did if you look up a few posts he changed his post to show prices

was that your question?

peteWah
      Participant

My mistake, Thanks TD

Sorry Ken,
      Having 1 of my anal days with selective vision/hearing or something like that…

Those items are way cheap in my opinion, Looks to be a cheap car to hopup or so 1 hopes…. :p:smiley2:

again sorry :smiley2:

ken_wyleung
      Participant

That’s OK, peteWah .

It still has space for3rd partyoptional parts. I hope the 3rd party will have cheap and usefull replace and optional parts.wink.gif

ken_wyleung
      Participant
      rcs2die4
      Participant

2 Days to go !!!!! cake.gif xp1700.gif

betty.k
      Participant

you wouldn’t be getting a littleexcited now would you?big.gif8ball.gif

ken_wyleung
      Participant

At this stage, I think the Mini-Z AWD must be better than X-Mod, but I don’t know is it better than MR-02. I just hopeit isbetter than MR-01. Anyway, they will be come next week.cool.gif

emilmh
      Participant

AS soon as you guys who have them on order can, can you write up a real deep review of your opinions?? It would be great to read!! I would love one, but cant afford one, cos i just bought an OL! I hope the AWD will eventually make its way into a new overlander!! now that would be sweet!

And just my opinion to those who question if it will be faster than the MR02. Does it really matter that much? Im assuming the handeling will be improved and also the stability/rigidity of it. The AWD and MR02 would have to be raced in different classes aswell i would assume and im yet to see anyone, who can properly and continuously controll a fully modified mini-Z. the power seems more than enough for most people to control…

peteWah
      Participant

I can, what’s wrong with you…

Remember, Im not most people :D:smiley2:

emilmh
      Participant

lol yes well i just dont understand why everyone is so concerned with speed :S

anyway, if one of the lucky ppl who got hold of one could write a good indepth review, it would be greatly appreciated by all i think (except maybe those who already have one… 😛 )

z-beam
      Participant

when the first set of batteries dies ill do i write up when i get mine…

ken_wyleung
      Participant

Better car is not equal to faster carblackeye.gif

What I try to say is Design and Handling…wink.gif

Edited by – ken_wyleung on 29 November 2005 23:20:25

Admin
      Participant
      Quote:
      dgs73 wrote:

after watching that second video 3 times in a row just now, I have concluded that the Z on the track is not an AWD,neither is the one doing circle work on the floor, but it washarder to tell with that one… compare the driving in both vids…

Wrong ;P

It is a AWD… It is a guy how work on kyosho sweden and he took a demo to the track..

In the video the car is 100% stock 😉

The tracks site: http://www.cargel.se

BTW..if you want to see some good racing from sweden(mr02 mm): http://home.no/bakkeracing/karlskrona_0001.wmv

My english sucks 😛

Edited by – NightRider on 30 November 2005 07:46:04

Keymaster

Trust me I have a few plans for mine.

Plan One:

Unpack and take photos.

Plan Two:

Install batteries

Plan Three:

Drive until Plan Two is dead

Plan Four:

Disassemble and take photos – mainly interested in the FETs

Plan Five:

Install FET mod and a hot motor.

Plan Six:

Break something 🙁

--
      Site Owner Guy.

ken_wyleung
      Participant

I just get the message from Japan, the AWD Ally parts may delay until Dec10..shock.gif

Keymaster

Ouch!

My AWD Chassis kit has shipped! W00t!

Still no word on the preordered ReadSets though (Different Supplier).

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

emilmh
      Participant

aaron you forgot something on you ‘to do’ list 😛 write a report 🙂

I suggest maybe you should make that plan six instead of what you have 😉

z-beam
      Participant

once you get yours Aaron i want a pn so5 nm motor (with a bearing can if you got em) rigged up and ready to fit into the Awd asap. supposedly the way the racers before screwed on wont be the same so its up to you to ensure my skyline will have some serious muscle under the hood bro!

rcs2die4
      Participant

Todays the day !!!! xp1700.gif

Betty.K : Just a little bit !!! maybe even a little TO excited !!! big.gif

Keymaster

How are people going with their shipping notices?

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

ken_wyleung
      Participant

http://www.kyosho.co.jp/web/download/instructionmanual/mini-z/pdf/miniz_awd_t.pdf

This is AWD Exploded.

Do some homework now!wink.gif

Edited by – ken_wyleung on 03 December 2005 09:18:35

kevsta
      Participant

So is it released today or the 6th of December ?

ken_wyleung
      Participant

It isworld wide release today.

http://www.kyosho.co.jp/web/top-e.html

betty.k
      Participant

so come on, where’s the pix! the reviews! hurry up and break something with them!big.gif8ball.gif

Keymaster

*laughs* All mine (well customers ReadySets) are between the US and here. They’re coming EMS so may arrive by Monday.

I know a few people who will be very happy.

I’ve still got a few sitting in Japan as well, so there will be stock to touch real soon.

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

kevsta
      Participant

I’d like to get one as well, but damn with hop ups and all it’s getting very close to the prices of some top 1:10 tourers.

Still saving up for one of them though, early next year..

Keymaster

I have a White and a Millenium Jade available and due within 10days from my second order. I wouldn’t bother with hop-ups until someone actually determines what brakes and what helps.

Check this link to see our trace notice 🙂

http://phlog.net/getpic.php?pic=fd8935c74ba791b77a3389a39c0bba38&original=yes

--
      Site Owner Guy.

peteWah
      Participant

I may want a hand on 1 of those Aaron, lets talkie :smiley2:

z-beam
      Participant

ken, you said $7.80AUD for the titanium center shaft?

is that right? if so i want one!

ken_wyleung
      Participant
      Quote:
      z-beam wrote:

ken, you said $7.80AUD for the titanium center shaft?

is that right? if so i want one!

MDW006 64 titanium center shaft 735yen ~AUD8.50

which is not include shipping; and not released yet.blackeye.gif

Keymaster

Ken, my price list shows Y700 for the titanium shaft. either way it must be real small to be priced so cheap 🙂

Then again I think all the options parts are in the 700-1400 Yen bracket barring a few of the more elaborate pieces.

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

kevsta
      Participant

Does anyone have them yet ? 5 days after the release and no one claims to have the first one in Australia ?

z-beam
      Participant

i could kev, but id be lying!

Aarons going to have his hands on mine before i do, so now we are all at the mercy of shipping companies…

betty.k
      Participant

just to get you a little more excited, here’s some first impressions from some lucky merikans!tongue.gif8ball.gif

http://ripper7racing.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=4872&hl=

ken_wyleung
      Participant

We get our AWD today…clap.gif

kevsta
      Participant

This car is fun. I’m having a ball with the awd but it seriously needs bearings in the front and rear hubs.

z-beam
      Participant

you got yours kev? damn… so its back to bushings eh?

i dont think ill be running mine much untill some bearings arive then i guess…

z-beam
      Participant

2 Shaft bearings are 2x5x2.5mm

8 Knuckle bearings are 3x6x2mm

aperently these are the bearing specifications needed…

got any loose bearings Aaron?

Keymaster

I got my chassis set on Monday arvo and will be picking up another batch today seeing as Duty etc was paid on Monday for those.

Pics about to come. The sad thing is I haven’t run it yet… I’ll probably bearing up the hubs today if I can find the last of the spare bearings around here.

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

Keymaster

Started a new thread for us to talk techy about the AWD

--
      Site Owner Guy.

ken_wyleung
      Participant

Does anyone had test the X-Speed for AWD?smile.gif

Edited by – ken_wyleung on 07 December 2005 14:13:11

Keymaster

Nah not yet Kev. I would expect it to be the same as the regular X-Speeds with the slightly changed wiring layout though….

That said the new FETs may mean they’ve upped the stakes a bit.

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

ken_wyleung
      Participant

I feel the AD PCB is better than AWD PCB.

peteWah
      Participant

(100th post on topic)

Why make the comparison, The board on the AWD would not be that different except you can plug a computer in to your AD and its FM,

Is that what makes it better ?
      You cant say these thing without giving reason ! ! !

Next they will have a AWD 010.1 AD :D:smiley2:

ken_wyleung
      Participant

I was think the AWD PCB is the latest PCB from KO, so it can be better than or very close to AD.blush.gif

z-beam
      Participant

sweet, Aarons sent mine today from canberra.. cant wait to give it a thrash…

after looking at the motor set up Aaron, how long untill i can get a so5 nm made up to suite?

4wd needs some more guts than a stock kyosho can i feel… especially after driving the OL for a while now with neo mags… i neeeeds it, i waants it i does!

Keymaster

I can pretty much do a modded PN motor anytime – I am a big beliver in running stock until you know what it wants though. I may get mine up in the garage this weekend (gotta roll the 1:1 and lawmower outa the way) and test it on painted concrete.

I’m thinking going for a 2nd Gen Spider setup running a PN Saber – the slight torque advantage over the Anima should make it nice.

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

peteWah
      Participant

Ken,

That dose not answer my question but dont worry for it matters not and makes no difference to me….

Just a bold claim on your part…
      :smiley2:

kevsta
      Participant

You’re going to love it Z-beam. It handles on slippery tiles and floor boards although you can feel the difference of the higher center of gravity/body roll compared to an mr02.

z-beam
      Participant
      Quote:
      kevsta wrote:

You”re going to love it Z-beam. It handles on slippery tiles and floor boards although you can feel the difference of the higher center of gravity/body roll compared to an mr02.

hmm considering ive been getting used to high speed overland thrashing i doubt it will seem ‘high’ at all! *grins* nothing a bit of custom lowering cant fix i say!

slippery tiles is what i have a lot of here inside. lots of room to practice drifting around.

wow Aaron, that setup sounds mad… extremely mad! i dont want any kind of fets in mine, i plan to keep it running stock electronics considering where the motor is.

maybe if i made a shell that had some serious ducted airflow i might consider hotting it up.

ill take your advice though and give it some time before i get you to create the nm for me…

oh, its got breaking like ol/02 right?

Keymaster

Dunno about brakes, I still haven’t fired mine up.

The good news.. Bearing sets will be here within a week (fingers crossed). $20 in the shop…. All 10 bearings.

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

ken_wyleung
      Participant

Yes, the ball bearing set was released on Dec 5, and I am waiting for other optional parts which are release on Dec 15 to 20; it can be save more on shipping.wink.gif

And Can you tellus your common about your AWD…xp1700.gif

Edited by – ken_wyleung on 10 December 2005 11:02:30

z-beam
      Participant

in a week, or whenever you get them stick a set in an express envelope to the usual adress A. you know im good for the cash…

kevsta
      Participant

It does have braking like the mr02.

Does anyone know why kyosho came out with the 4.5 degree camber knuckle ? Is this knuckle set purely for drifting by minimising tyre contact to the ground ?

TallduDe
      Participant

i saw on other forumns that the guys using a drift set up using that much negative camber, plus they were only using drift rubber/wheels on the rears only.

sounds likea senseable approach seeing you want the rear to slide out but still have front wheel grip.

saw daves awd today have to say mightly inpressed with it!.

its as fast as my mr02 with an xspeed and 7th set up. turning circle is as good as my mr02, could use more grip tires then standard but still its impressive straight out of the box!

saving those pennies now im telling you now

z-beam
      Participant

oh damn i cant wait… bloody slow mail i hates it i does!

Keymaster

Mihes drifting fine in 94mm length with the wide rears and stock rubber. But the surface is very slick.

I’ve now set the car up with a PN Speedy05NM which has given it explosive acceleration and a little higher speed.

The bearings we have coming are Aftermarket and will be AUD20 shipped from within Australia. I’ve seen genuine Kyosho sets for up to USD38 which is even more insane than their usual USD25ish for the MR01/02 etc.

So far I’m not really considering bringing in any of the genuine Kyosho stuff until supply and price settles a bit. There’s a lot of fun to be had with the car stock.

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

Keymaster

Here’s a pic of mine before I switched to the 0 offset Wide rears. It’s a old GT3 body and the chassis is set for 94mm. It’s more likely to spin than drift but it definately can and will drift. Since this pic I’ve switced to Wide rears and now it’s more even and a little easier to maintain prolonged drift.

Overall this is the second all-new Mini-Z I’ve owned and it’s by far the best out-of-box.

In the more Techy thread I’ll post some pics of my changes…..

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

z-beam
      Participant

i cry with sad because i no have optional wheels.

this thing rocks out of the box!

ken_wyleung
      Participant

Does the ready set not come with optional wheels and tires?

z-beam
      Participant

mine didnt *cries some more*

Keymaster

Nope Ready sets only come with the Skyline style wheels in 1mm offset, and narrow all round.

But I belive you do get the gear sets for Medium and Long chassis setups…

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

ken_wyleung
      Participant

so ready set get the nice wheel set for R34 but the chassis set do not have the 1mm offset wheels set for R34.shock.gif

z-beam
      Participant

sure do have the gear sets though…

Keymaster

I may be Cynical but I think the message from Kyosho is to buy the ReadySet then buy the optional wheel set, and same for the Chassis Set!

Just another way of extracting 2000ish yen from people.

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

z-beam
      Participant
      Quote:
      Aaron wrote:

I may be Cynical but I think the message from Kyosho is to buy the ReadySet then buy the optional wheel set, and same for the Chassis Set!

Just another way of extracting 2000ish yen from people.

A.

kyosho are punks! i so woulda got a chassis set if id known, i mean unless yournew tomini-z why would you need another controller and chassis?

what i did need was wheels dammit! the alloy ones look rather nice i must say…

betty.k
      Participant

they’re good at extracting money from you!

like with the mini inferno, it needs oil shocks and a full set of kyosho oils is USD$54!!! before shippingdead.gif8ball.gif

rcs2die4
      Participant

These AWD’s are AWESOME !!!!! I’m having a ball with it …………. xp1700.gif

ken_wyleung
      Participant

Does anyone looking for ball bearing for your AWD, it can be one of your solution.

X-Mod knockle ball bearing can be fit on AWD knockle, and the ball bearingfrom ball bearing motor case can be fit with the shaft. It’s work for me.wink.gif

ph2t
      Participant

Aaron, do you have the ma-010 in stock, ready to ship out?

Keymaster

Yeah I got one left – Millenium Jade sitting here…. Got a Yellow 575GTC body too….

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

ph2t
      Participant

In bout 9 hours I’m joining the AWD crew! yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

ph2t,

z-beam
      Participant

you wont be dissapointed! this thing rocks stock.

kevsta
      Participant

Yep, the awd is seriously fun. On my slippery floor tiles, the mr01 over steers and just spins out, but the awd really shines and simply drifts when thrown in to a turn.

I just got some of those awd yeah racing bearings from rc-mart – on first inspection the bearings for the knucles don’t have any metal shields on them, and they were in a poly bag with no labelling.

I’ll fit them tonight and give it a run to see if the motor still gets super hot.

Keymaster

Yeah – the bearings are to narrow to have shields. That’s defined by their sizing. The 3Racing bearings I brought in are the same.

Have checked with bearing suppliers and there is no shielded option unless you go for the slightly wider ones.

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

ph2t
      Participant

Has anyone put their bearings in turps and turned them into ‘dry’ bearings? I did that with my gen1 xmod and it workd a treat on soothing up the drivetrain. I know it increases wear but it’s only bearings, lol…… anyone else?

still watching the front of my house, I walk out to the windo every 5-10 minutes, how sad! lol…

ph2t.

ken_wyleung
      Participant

Check the 3Racing AWD optional parts here

http://www.3racing.com.hk

tongue.gif

Keymaster

I am considering converting mine to dry – especially as they’re open bearings, dry does tend to make more sense as they won’t attract grunge as much…

Still I have to fit them first.

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

kevsta
      Participant

It’s taken me approximately 1.5 hours to put my bearings in. Those two bearings for the shaft require virtually taking the whole car apart and putting the bearing in on the inside of the knuckles also is a challenge. Tweezers are a big help here.

The stock motor still gets hot but touchable after 5 minutes run. You can feel that the stock motor spins up faster, more top speed etc…

I just tried the drift rims. They are made of hard plastic and fit snuggly on to the rim. If you’re a keen drifter then these are a must buy…

betty.k
      Participant

drove one of these puppies today!tongue.gifit was 100% stock but it didn’t seem to matter it was fun enough as is. way better than an xmod could hope for!xp1700.gif8ball.gif

ken_wyleung
      Participant
      z-beam
      Participant

installed the bearing set Aaron kindly sent me. who took an hour to install them? you took apart waaay to much of the car!

if installing bearings just remove the front and rear drive assemblies and pull the shaft out with pliers. the bushings can be swapped out for bearings without going any where near the fiddly pcb board location.

running sweet now. much smoother running ive noticed. i swapped the spacers for the front wheels to the bottome of the knuckle so it sits 1mm lower than standard.

ph2t
      Participant

thanks for the heads up man, I’m yet to install my bearings. my brother just got me BF2 for christmas so I’m gonna be locked in the PC room for the next few days……

ph2t.

kevsta
      Participant

It was me LOL. I took apart the whole car to get to the bloody drive shaft, not knowing that the rear gear just slides off the shaft. Oh well, I guess that’s what happens when you’ve got the exploded view diagram in front of you…smile.gif

I’ve lubed up the insides of the front and rear diff gears as they are completely dry from the factory. Not sure if Kyosho intended for the gear diffs to run dry.

z-beam
      Participant

i started to do the exact same thing with the exploded view in front of me. i stopped took another look and thought damn, there has to be a faster way. easy as piss.

have fun with battlefeild matt!

peteWah
      Participant

Im going to wait till mid feb to get my AWD, by that time there should be more after market parts around and the said market for these cars wont be so cut throat…

You guys that have them can be the pioneers

Im going to pioneer a mini z boat before then and there are only two things you can buy for it , Props and a aqua speed upgrade motor A.F.A.I.K… And batteries of course but it comes with 1 that goes in the boat and takes AA’s in the charging unit which is the trailer… Cant wait :smiley2:

z-beam
      Participant

you got a pool pete? you finally cracked the 1000post mark! (oh god have we come a long way since the days of shypo!))

speaking of pioneering, i fidled with some aluminium bits and peices and made a bodgy heatsink. youll see it when i can be bothered getting out the camera… its gonna make you laugh thats fer sure.

peteWah
      Participant

Where i’m moving to has a pool that at the moment is no good but will be fixed and a largish fresh waster lake 5 mins walk down the road…

And yay i cracked the 1000

:p:p:p:smiley2: 1001

z-beam
      Participant

lake = bad

just be prepared to have to jump in to rescue if it capsizes and youll be right.

betty.k
      Participant
      Quote:
      z-beam wrote:

lake = bad

just be prepared to have to jump in to rescue if it capsizes and youll be right.

well if it’s as hot up there as it is down here you’ll be hoping it capsizes! (40 right now, 42 predicted tommorrowsleep.gif)8ball.gif

peteWah
      Participant

You got it in 1 Betty. :smiley2: That why i am buying it and where i am they get 30 + days all through summer

Yesterday in Couridjah = Place of the ANT it was 40.2

And again yes we are having a few 40 + days in the next few days up in Sydney…

kevsta
      Participant

So has anyone broken or worn out any parts yet ?

Mine is okay, however I have noticed that the steering seems to stick a little on the odd occassion

rcs2die4
      Participant

My rear drive shafts are alittle loose, notslipping yet but do have play… this is with the out of box setup. (motor and gearing)

Two of the screw holes in the rear diff section have cracks down the lengh of them. The plastic seems to be alot softer then the 01 an 02’s..I think this may be part of how they managed to keep the weight down !!!

Other then thatI’m lovin it !! I haven’t used any of my other Z’s sinceI got this oneandI race every day !!!

So on the TO GET list is, 1 set of alloy drive shafts and 1 Gray/Blue SP chassis kit…

z-beam
      Participant

mine is slightly squeky i tried to clean it all out but the squeek persists. nothing major tho!

Keymaster

Still using the PN SpeedyNM and still no breakages. Haven’t installed the bearings yet, and I’m only starting to think about playing with the electronics.

It’s hit, rolled and crashed more than just about any of my other ‘zs and hasn’t broken anything.

Sadly screw holes damage is almost always excessive tensioning. in short don’t take anythign apart unless you have to!

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

rcs2die4
      Participant

I’ve never stuffed a screw hole on any of my other Z’s and I’ve takin them apart and rebuilt them that many times it’s not funny….

A mate of mine’s AWD had a big chunk broken off thatI had to glue back on in the front end !! He did it when he hit an objectnear the end of the straight while racing !!! We’ve all hit the same thing with our 1’s and 2’s and have never broken anything !! The awd is stock so ‘maybe’ 20k impact, all our 1’s and 2’s are doing42k’s xp1700.gifand over on the speed checker, so yeahIthink it’s just the softer plastic….

On a side note, I just installed a 5×2 stack (7317’s) on the above AWD and the difference is insane, HEAPS more punch !!!!!Cant wait for his AWD X-speed and BB can to turn up and really put it to the test!!…. I’ll be hitting you up for a fet kit Aaron if the results are as good asI think there going to be !!!!

Keymaster

I reckon once you’ve done the FETs a PN S03 or Saber would be the ducks nuts… with the high torque it’s going to really use all the AWD grip off the line and out of corners and still have a pretty strong top-end speed.

You’ll always get a good result from FETs.. My AWD will eventually go under the knife for a Spider II installation which will fit very nicely on the chassis.

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

peteWah
      Participant

Did 1 have to cut the chassis top lid to install those fets :huh:

rcs2die4
      Participant

SURE DID !!! The good thing is thatit doesn’tmake the lid flimsy like the Iwaver 01 lids did once you cut the hole….. I’ll get a pic if you want, just let us know…..

peteWah
      Participant

Yes please :smiley2:

rcs2die4
      Participant
      peteWah
      Participant

Its as neat as it can be i guess , Nice job….

So now that we have the AWD and a Tamiya speed checker works on 4 wheels has anyone had a go with it yet and what was the read out…

rcs2die4,
      Do you have a TSC ? I would love to know the read out of a fetted AWD…

Aaron,
      I know you have a TSC, what are you getting with the Speedy NM or the 05 NM you are using… Or have you posted on this already :dead:

Ph2t,
      get your Butt into gear and exploit the bloody thing like i know you can :smiley2::p

Cheers Guys…

Edited by – peteWah on 06 January 2006 13:29:07

Keymaster

The Speedy NM doesn’t do more than 1-2km/h more than a stock car with the same batteries etc. The NM is a whole lot quicker on the ground though as you’ve seen.

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

rcs2die4
      Participant

Yeah I have a TSC and get the same ‘problem’ as Aaron !! my AWD (unfet’ed) can pass a fully Hopped up MR01 that speed checks at 48K’s (with the rear wheels on both rear rollers)but whenI put the AWD on the TSC it only reads about 26-27k’squestion.gif

Both cars motor specs:

MR01 : Kyosho X-Speed in yeah racing BB can

5×2 fet stack

42t/13t or 14t gearing (can’t remember, not my car)

MA010 : Kyosho AWD X-Speed in Yeah racing BB can

Standard fets

29t/19t gearing

I don’t know if the AWD’s reading is a truer reading then what you get with the RWD cars or ifthe AWDcan’t unload on the TSC with all four wheels tuning the rollers !!! question.gif The AWD’s seem to roam around on the TSC alot too, you have to hold on to it so it stays in line…

Also just for everyones info… With the AWD X-speed in a bb can and the above gearing the motor doesn’t even get warm after a full set of batteries worth of racing!!!! with this gearing and the standard motor, The motor would get so hot that it starts to melt the plastic cross bar in the chassis’s motorholeand burns your fingers real bad after just a few seconds of racing !!! ( I know for a fact wink.gif)….. I can stillgo higher with the gearing but haven’t tried it yet..

As for my mates Fet’ed AWD I can’t test it for you right now as the drive cups have spun, so he’s waiting for his new Atomic alloy shafts and cups to arrive….. I’ll check it once there in, should be late next week…

L8R

ken_wyleung
      Participant

Good News! and Bad News!

Good News is AWD will release as GTR R32 (White or Red).
      Bad News is release on February.

Keymaster

I’m starting to get a bit tired of Skylines. 😉 Perhaps doing a different AWD car (Subaru, Lancer, Atenza MPS, Lancia Delta, Audi etc etc) would be a good move.

Still more is good overall.

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

ken_wyleung
      Participant

You can get those body by ASC or white body.:)
      Check with RC-Mart, they get a lot.

Aaron wrote:
      I’m starting to get a bit tired of Skylines. 😉 Perhaps doing a different AWD car (Subaru, Lancer, Atenza MPS, Lancia Delta, Audi etc etc) would be a good move.

Still more is good overall.

A.

z-beam
      Participant

a good old subaru would definatly be welcome! im totally in agree ment with you there Aaron, a blue one was my first MR-01, and its so beaten up its beyond repair…

can we still get old subies?

Keymaster

As Ken says Whitebodies are out for pretty much everything. Kyosho has never released anything on my list except the two Subarus and two different lancers.

I just think it’d be nice to have cars that matched the AWD, but were also “new” bodies not the older ones re-released.

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

ken_wyleung
      Participant

Yes, I totally agree, something fresh or some latest model for 90mm base!:thumbs_up:

Aaron wrote:
      As Ken says Whitebodies are out for pretty much everything. Kyosho has never released anything on my list except the two Subarus and two different lancers.

I just think it’d be nice to have cars that matched the AWD, but were also “new” bodies not the older ones re-released.

A.

ken_wyleung
      Participant

The GTR R32 AWD Ready set with released on Feb 23:sleep:
      So the Chassis Set can be in-stock too…

peteWah
      Participant

The RC god was listening to me….. Do yo know of any others Ken ?

Now i know i will be getting at least that and some other 32’s when i get My Chassis Set…

I had a Calsonic AFX slot car which started me on the whole R32 thing…

Bring on the 300ZX please kyosho if you are reading this… Race speck !

peteWah
      Participant

Not sure where but i got to see a TFTF lancer on a AWD CS, lets just say (drooooools bigtime) that those rims suite the Lancer 100%

Pist much…

ken_wyleung
      Participant
      rcs2die4
      Participant

Ken you have a PM !!!!

ken_wyleung
      Participant

20mm Alloy wheel for AWD from Japan…:smiley14:

rcs2die4
      Participant

They are some SWEET rims !!! I have to get me some of those !!!

z-beam
      Participant

those pics above prove the superiority of style that the mini-z format provides. performance and looks, all in the one package… i love it!

ken_wyleung
      Participant

that alloy wheels are bigger than the Kyosho wheels (18.5 – 19.mm), so the top speed is faster.

http://www.mini-z-bar.com/
      Select “TuGu” on the left hand side, under the “Special”

Not just for AWD, they have a lot of nice wheels for MR-02 and MR-015 too.

peteWah
      Participant

Nice R390…

ken_wyleung
      Participant

There are 3 Universal Swing Shaft
      Left: Kyosho standard Universal Swing Shaft
      Center: Kyosho Hard Universal Swing Shaft
      Right: Atomic Universal Swing Shaft

z-beam
      Participant

whats a set of those tugu rims worth ken, i dont have any japanese skills whatsoever… some of them are very nice indeed!

id like to know how expensive they are in comparison to the i-waver alloy rims for AWD being released.

also, im still very keen to get a part next time you order (the kyosho titanium drive shaft for AWD).

also, apart from kyoshos x-speed for AWD is there any other motors available for the the awd yet? i tried fitting in my pn motor but it seems to be a little to big to fit into the motor bay, and when i compare the motors the awd one seems to be a little slimmer than normal ones…

alo these light kits look awesome, totally unecisary but awesome!

ken_wyleung
      Participant
      z-beam wrote:
      whats a set of those tugu rims worth ken, i dont have any japanese skills whatsoever… some of them are very nice indeed!

id like to know how expensive they are in comparison to the i-waver alloy rims for AWD being released.

also, im still very keen to get a part next time you order (the kyosho titanium drive shaft for AWD).

I do order thing from Japan monthly….:smiley9:
      For the Tugu rims, it is 2250yen for 2pcs, and size or offset. (~AUD25.80):huh:

I had use the “SQUARE” alloy rims for MR-01 (picture), which price is 3 times higher than 3racing or topcad alloy aims, but it is bigger (20mm) and lighter, also very good handling.:D

z-beam
      Participant

that is rather expensive ken! i dont think i could warrant spending $50 aud for a set… i guess ill have to wait and see about the cheaper i-waver alternatives…

ken_wyleung
      Participant
      ken_wyleung wrote:
      Topcad AWD Optional Parts
      http://www.topcad.com.hk/v2/products/m_awd.php

I had try this rear gear box case, it is not fit with other Kyosho parts, if you design to get it, you may need the completed set.:smiley11:

ken_wyleung
      Participant
      z-beam wrote:
      also, apart from kyoshos x-speed for AWD is there any other motors available for the the awd yet? i tried fitting in my pn motor but it seems to be a little to big to fit into the motor bay, and when i compare the motors the awd one seems to be a little slimmer than normal ones…

alo these light kits look awesome, totally unecisary but awesome!

We are using Atomic Stock, AWD Stock, they are design for NO power upgrade PCB (you can get more power with FET or Turbo), and they are good too. You can get them from RC-Mart.

Also, have you try to use other motor case for your PN motor?

And what gears are you using, do you have overheat motor problem?:gatlin:

ken_wyleung
      Participant
      z-beam wrote:
      that is rather expensive ken! i dont think i could warrant spending $50 aud for a set… i guess ill have to wait and see about the cheaper i-waver alternatives…

Ture! It is too expensive to me too, if I buy them, I may keep them for display…:clown:

peteWah
      Participant

How to use PN motor in AWD

1. Take all the connect wire and 104 cap.
      2. open the motor can, change to opposite direction, put the big two face to bottom, get more air to cooling down
      3. solder the red and black wire opposite position.

http://www.pnracing.us/new/news_imag…148-1.jpg?r=45

http://www.pnracing.us/new/news_imag…149-2.jpg?r=42

http://www.pnracing.us/new/news_imag…149-3.jpg?r=33

And while i was looking around i saw the new So4…

http://www.pnracing.us/new/product.p…=product&id=75

I posted this for you else where Z but its clear you did not read it…

z-beam
      Participant

yeah, id need to change the can of the pn motor. but i dont want to wreck my stock kyosho awd to get a proper sized can…

peteWah
      Participant

Ask how Aaron did it when he gets back…

ken_wyleung
      Participant

New AWD released on March; very soon…..:smiley9:

ken_wyleung
      Participant
      z-beam
      Participant

are the new cars nissan pulsars?

and i really want a set of the i-waver rims some of theyre designs are really nice.

Keymaster

Nah – Lancia Delta Integrale is what they are… Very classis 1980s World Rally Car

--
      Site Owner Guy.

betty.k
      Participant

those lanciers look hot! shame it won’t fit a mm 02.:(

or will it……:8ball:

nismotuningrocks
      Participant

lancia delta where do i sign up….dont know about the color though but that can be changed

ken_wyleung
      Participant

Kyosho Font One Way, March 24 release!

z-beam
      Participant

it limits power so that the front wheels have power going forward only? i dont get the point of an item like that..

ken_wyleung
      Participant

The Kyosho make the AWD more like 1:10.

merc-blue
      Participant

i just saw the lancia now im gonna have to get one. DAMNIT
      front one way and a front spool would be interesting to “play” with

kevsta
      Participant
      z-beam wrote:
      it limits power so that the front wheels have power going forward only? i dont get the point of an item like that..

It gives you more power at the front wheels so that you can enter and exit corners faster than if you had a ball diff. They can be a bastard to learn how to drive as you almost always have to be on the throttle. Any braking will see you doing a 180 turn as the rear wheels do the braking.

z-beam
      Participant

hmmm very interesting… for the majority of my kitchen tile drifting area this might be fun to muck around with…

ken_wyleung
      Participant

The Atomic Front one way and Ball Diff……
      Will you try?;)

http://www.rcatomic.com

ken_wyleung
      Participant

New Product for some of your flat bodies:laser:

ken_wyleung
      Participant

Atomic AWD Ball Diff — Very Good!
      http://www.rcatomic.com/main/modules/news/article.php?storyid=157

Atomic AWD Motor Gear Set — You must get one for your AWD.

betty.k
      Participant

oooo, look at alla them purty colours!:cool: :8ball:

ken_wyleung
      Participant
      ken_wyleung
      Participant

Kyosho ball diff may be released on June:smiley14:

z-beam
      Participant

wrx’s and porches! *drool*…. my first body was a rexy, id adore a new one!

ken_wyleung
      Participant

Good idea for user of Atomic Ball Diff for AWD:

We are using the TAMIYA 620 (AO-5016) Ball Thrust Bearing (for 1:10) replace the Atomic bearing, it is much better than the Atomic bearing for Ball Diff, also cheaper.

Keymaster

We now have PN Racing laydown crystal mounts in stock.

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

ken_wyleung
      Participant

News Updated!

The Kyosho Ball Diff MDW018 will be released on July 30 in Japan by 4410yen.

ken_wyleung
      Participant

News Updated!
      Kyosho may released the AWD ball diff on August…….:huh:

Keymaster

Kyosho are getting like iWaver 😉

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

ken_wyleung
      Participant
      rcs2die4
      Participant

A mate of mine has the PN Racing chassis extender kit !! Looks great on and the AWD chassis Looks sweet with a Mustang body on it Driftin round the house !!!… Tokyo Dirft eat ya heart out 😀

I’m thinkin of getting the Atomic extender kit !! it’s half the price of the PN kit or you could also get the Atomic extended centre shaft which brings it up to the PN price !! (The atomic kit wasn’t out when he got his)

I’ve also been thinking about getting the Atomic SAS kit but it’s up there in price if it dont make it work/handle any better !! and you still need to change parts if you want different camber and toe settings !! Would have been better if they could have made it adjustable “More like a 1/10 rear” with out needing to change parts ….

Anyone used the SAS rear end yet ??

rcs2die4
      Participant

An update on my previous post !!

The extended gears that come with the PN racing extended chassis kit seem to be a little crappy !! Mark and I basically use our AWD’s purely for drifting and this is very hard on most parts of the cars but the gear itself has only been in for a week and it is stuffed already to the point that it skips !!!

We thought that this may be caused by not using an extended center shaft !!!…. It turns out that this is not the case as Mark purchased an Atomic extended shaft only to find out that the PN extended gears don’t allow for the extra length shaft !!:angry: So he now has to order a set of Atomic extended gears as well !!! This has turned into a very expansive process !!! PN chassis extender kit + Atomic extender shaft + atomic extender gears = about $70aus delivered just to extended the chassis by 4mm !!! but it does make it 98mm wheel base which means more covers and it does change the handling quite a bit too !! for the better so far !!!

So for anybody wanting to go with the extended chassis setup !! Buy the Atomic extender kit as the kit includes the gears that allow for the extended shaft and if you then buy this shaft also it brings the total up to the price of just the PN extended kit !!!! About $38aus delivered

I also got the Atomic SAS rear end kit !!! I purchased the complete kit and also the 1deg Cambers and 1deg Toe-in parts !!! The quality seems good but there is a few little things with this as well !!

One being very much a pain in the a$$ for me as I now have to wait longer !! And this is a NOTE TO ALL !! if you buy this kit you also have to buy an Atomic Plastic or Metal ball diff as the standard Kyosho ball diff does not fit !!! This was not listed anywhere on the Atomic Site or on any of the resellers sites !!! I have asked EGR (where I purchased from) to update there site and there is now also a post at the bottom of the item page on Atomics site where someone else has had the same problem !!! I tried to follow up on this too but it wouldn’t let me post any new posts !!!:huh:

The only other problem I foresee is that the plastic that the U shaped part and also the rear shock mount is made of may be to flexible !! I think it should have been made from some harder plastic or maybe alloy and carbon fiber !! but, they may have done the softer more flexible plastic so it’s not so brittle…

I haven’t been able to test the SAS kit as of yet as I’m still needing to purchase a ball diff !!! So now that I had to also get a Ball diff it took my total for the SAS kit + 1deg camber + 1deg toe-in + Metal ball diff up to about $100aus delivered !!! :huh:… You will save a few dollars on delivery as you should purchase it all together instead of the diff separately like I did/had to !!! You could also save some more by purchasing the plastic ball diff instead of the metal one !! The total would then be about $80aus delivered for the Kit, the camber and toe and the plastic ball diff !!!

I think this kit will work well as the suspension feels real nice and makes the front seem a little inadequate !! it will also remove the problem of the holes rounding / ovalling out where the knuckles go !!! This is one of the big problems where having with the chassis’s from drifting !! it makes your settings go to s#!t as the knuckles flop around all over the place !! I have some ideas on how to fix this problem on the front but more on that later !!!

I’ll let you guys know how it all works out once the extra parts arrive !!!

kevsta
      Participant

I couldn’t help myself and got another awd to add to the garage.

Here are a few photos of what’s in the kit.:D

betty.k
      Participant

neat little combo there, what that set you back? :8ball:

TallduDe
      Participant

wow when did they start releasing kits you make yourself?

looks nice.

kevsta
      Participant

@betty.k 224983 wrote:

neat little combo there, what that set you back? :8ball:

The kit itself cost about $134 AUD. Kyosho released these in Japan around December last year. I think the only difference with the standard chassis kit is the bearings and the stronger blue/grey chassis.

I was tossing around to either getting this or the anderson mb4 1/18 truck which has had good reviews. There are also now clones of the ae rc18t on ebay going for cheap !

TallduDe
      Participant

thats damn cheap man for an awd!

btw i thought u already have a rc18t?

peteWah
      Participant

What a neat pack, do they have the same for others in the mini z series.

015,02 etc…

kevsta
      Participant

02 chassis kits are available but pre-built.

ken_wyleung
      Participant

It is a good timing to get yourself a Mini-Z from Japan, and it is a nice kit!

Renton
      Participant

I have ordered myself an AWD R34 GTR

I know sweet little to nothing about mini-z’s but cant wait to throw myself into it.

To say im excited about its delivery would be and understatement

rcs2die4
      Participant

Hay all, It’s been a while !!

I haven’t been Z’ing for a bit as I have no where to use it anymore !!! :thumbs_down: But I
      think I’ve just organized a place that a few buds of mine and I can race at again so fingers crossed !!!

To get me G’d back up I thought I’d post up a few pix of the SAS kit installed in my AWD !!!

As you can see I still haven’t got around to getting the ball diff but I shell get one in the next week or two
      and hopefully it will be back in action !!

Anyway hopefully I’ll be back on here a fair bit again, so good times !! :beer:

mini-g
      Participant

hey rcs, how is the 02 going? the awd looks like another car with the shock set up on it, we are getting the track together so there should be some sydney racing happening soon. keep posted, would be good to catch up.
      dave

rcs2die4
      Participant

Hay Dave, Hows things ??

The 02 is sweet Buddy.. 😉 I haven’t done a great deal to it yet as I’ve been concentrating on my AWD mostly But once
      it’s done I’ll finish the 02!!! As you know this is my second 02, I could never get the first one to handle But I’m up for the
      challenge yet again !!! LOL

Yes, Please do keep us updated on the track as I and A few mates up here would love to come and have a run !!! (and catch up.!.)

Hows the buggy going ?? Have you seen the post with the pix of my Half 8 ?? heres a link…
      http://www.ausmicro.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14083

I’ll start a new post with some pix and info of the 02 so I’m not Hi-Jacking this thread to much !!! Sorry guys !!!

Here’s a link to the 02,
      http://www.ausmicro.com/forum/showthread.php?p=225231#post225231

Back to topic !!

Which Car does the AWD look like you reckon ???

Viewing 225 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.