Micro Yokomo vs. BitChar-G

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      Admin
      Participant

Here is a pic I found on http://www.stomper4x4.com/minirc/ , does anyone else own one of these new Yokomos? How do theycompare technicallyagainst a Bit? I initially was hesitant to buy one from japan because they were close to a hundred bucks when they first came out this year, but all the HK exporters (i.e. Toyeast, Stellamodels) are now offering them for areasonable $56 bucks. The review on the Stomper website says the controller is of comparable quality to a 1/10th scale RC controller like the Futabas, so I assume it uses hotswap crystals.Think we could swap controllers with theBits, just as we swap controllers with the OEMs now? How customizable are these? Anyone else got one? Please post a review.

XERO
      Participant

cool, but why would anyone want the four door matrix? I hope they make a big truck to transport bits in!:smiley14:

Admin
      Participant

These look real interesting. Proportional steering? Why such pedestrian covers? Are they hiding a whole bunch of electronics or could we slap decent covers on them. What’s the actual scale? It looks smaller than epoch racers – from the picture it’s about the same size as a matchbox or hotwheels car. It would be very cool indeed if we could change bodies, swap crystals and get proportional steering. Almost worth the $75US ToyEast are charging.

Someone help! We crave information! Maybe I’ll contact Toy East and get them to update their site a bit. Perhaps send us some pictures.

Nick

Admin
      Participant

Somebody get one of these things so we can see how they fly!

Just found this:

http://www.worldlingo.com/wl/translate?wl_lp=JA-EN&wl_fl=2&wl_url=www.geocities.co.jp/Playtown-Bingo/9499/page042.html&wl_g_table=-3

As I suspected, the high tops hide some chunky electronics. Still, they’re proportional! And the radio doesn’t look too bad either.

Nick

Admin
      Participant

i got one of those a month ago and it sucks. slower than a bit 1.0. yes, the body is hiding all the electronics. it is heavy. steering is decent, runtime is bad and if anyone wants to buy mine let me know. (US only) the controller is nice though and it runs on FM!!!!! b

Admin
      Participant

Oh well b_drift, thanks for warning us and good luck finding a buyer.

Nick

Admin
      Participant

b-drift, you should NEVER become a salesman!

Admin
      Participant

The yokomos just came out with a VW Beetle that looks like the DigiQ models. Its considerably smaller than the PY-01 and PY-02. Anyone know if this one is new and improved?

Admin
      Participant

I disagree. These are great little cars. You get proportional control! That means controlled drifts, and precise racing. If the car is too slow, build a tighter track. I run mine on a polished wood floor, and rally style drift arount every corner. Kids won’t like them. Guy coming from 1/10th scale will. The transmitter is even FM! 50 metre range, way further than you could ever see! There’s a module in the back of the transmitter for frequency changes, but not in the car. I think Yokomo will release some options for these soon. As for bodies, Airfix’s plastic Mini Cooper would be a perfect fit.

Also, the transmitter undercharges the car. Try charging the car twice. I’d buy yours but I’m in Australia.

Admin
      Participant

yeah, you get proportional control, but if the car doesn’t do it justice then what use is it? the digi-q’s have proportional control, but i’ll take my bit char anyday over the digi-q on a race track (see my track variations at my webpage) i come from 1/10th scale racing from yokomo yr4’s to the tc3 and now micros and z’s. this does not do it well enough. maybe the next version will be better, but as far as i know, the van is not worth it yet. it also looks very cheap, not the typical yokomo quality i am used to. i wish i spent a little more and tried and epoch v2. now this yokomo served as a training car for my GF, who is not very good……… but she could handle it on a tight course and an even bigger course after 2 charges. yes, of course i tried the old 2x and 3x charge and it helped only a little. so, if anyone in the US wants mine still, let me know. otherwise, i’ll probably end up ripping it up after i get my brushless setup going in my micro. b

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.