new range boost

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • Author
      Admin
      Participant

on the microsizers and on some bit’s there no criple cap. in the remots becouse its on the pc bord for the car. to find it its kinda small just take the clear cover off and grab your tweezers and soder iron then on the drivers side theres a lil black thing that sez 953 on mine might be diff for you but next is the crip cap. then theres a kinda big red thing the crip cap is next to the c7 on your bord then it goes to the 953 just pop it off and i can drive it around my house no prob. i’m gonna take some pics prob later on tonight and post um it took me about 5 min ta take it off. i also added dual ant. i used solid core wire from a eithernet cable and added about inch and a 1/2 to it. im also running a 3.8 with 3 cells i got 2 ta fit inside the batt. bay but a lil cutting and a lil thinking i’ll post that later. but anyways try this mod and tell me if it works for you. i did it on a newer bit. and 3 microsizers on zip zaps i baleave its the green l1 color code black gold red brown. but try it at your own risk i did it but i cant try ta see if it works till i get a new 101k becouse it fell off.

Admin
      Participant

I think i have found it might do the mod if it works it would be cool

DOes it work for any one eles coz i one got one bit and cant affor more for a while

Admin
      Participant

Lazboy theres is no crip cap on compact charges so its kinda a waste of time looking for it.

cheers

Admin
      Participant

Shypo well ok but i still had to look

also i was taking about the chip on the CAR

Lancer_evo can you please post the pics my 953 chip fell off the car so i now know that is not the chip you are talking about but sounds like a HOT MOD

Admin
      Participant

Sorry found a site where the mod is already

http://http://tinyrc.com/qfm/racing/mod_08.htm

its at the bottom

Admin
      Participant

Hi,

My bit char-g’s cripple cap was on the car instead of the transmitter as well.

I’ve added a page to my site with fairly complete info about cripple capacitors, with lots of photos and links – including ones where I successfully removed the SMT cap from the car PCB:

http://www.neutrio.com/bitcharg/bitcharg.shtml

Thanks,
      Chee Keat

Admin
      Participant

sorry lazboy, im not always sure of the electronics of things, i just read in another post about the cripple cap no1 has ever found one in a Compact

Admin
      Participant

Sorry lazboy, im not to good with electronics and things but i just read in another post about the cripple cap tha6t no1 has ever found one in the compacts controller

Admin
      Participant

Thats cool might do the mod in a day or so

MAybe tonight lol

Admin
      Participant

Ok Just did this MOD with fantastic results my range was shocking now the BEAST is on fire i can get it to work from one side of my house to the other it’s the greatest

My varitaion of the mod:

While trying to take the chip off nice and clean i applied to much pressure to it with my piliers and the thing just crumbled after i cleaned it up it worked aworsome

THANKS Lancer_evo and ausmirco i now have RANGE

Admin
      Participant

Big kid you should have put the hole on the side so it looks like a real cars radio arial and then extend it by re routing it inside the car you can get like an extra cm by taking out the knot

Admin
      Participant

bend that ant. back a lil i bet that things about as tippy as a drunk

BigKid
      Participant

Lazboy…..Personal preference…..I initially thought of doing what you said. I don’t thinkit looks any stranger like this than the original exit place out the back window.

lancer_evo…..I straightened the antenna for the picture just to give an idea of its length……I’m not sure what you mean…. 3 cmof gained antenna height has not changed the way the car handles.

Admin
      Participant

Well i find with the standard antenna the tendancy to roll is higher if the antenna is pointing up. This is because the centre of gravity is higher.

Admin
      Participant

go to http://www.questformadness.com and there are a few mods u can do to increase range. all together they r quite effective but if your controller batteries r low then they wont work well. just my 2 cents…

BigKid
      Participant

jamiekulhanek…..no problems for me, even on a very ‘sticky’ rubber surface that I have run the car on.

Anyway back to range issue, I have now got 6.5 meters on the 27MHz GTR.

I tried the cars ‘potentiometer’ tuning mod with great results.

This mod as well as a lot of others can be found at the site charg-o-saurus mentioned….thanks for that.

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.