new to this

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • Author
      Admin
      Participant

Hi everyone I just bought a white skyline microsizer. I would like to know what I should do to mod it? Whats a good motor for going the fastest?

Admin
      Participant

Get used to driving around a track first. I think the stuff it comes with is a good alrounder. Soft Tyres, soft Stabs and springs all help it go better. Gearsets allow you to go for torque or speed. Faster motors arent all that good for track racing. Supra Race body is sexy get one.

Admin
      Participant

i got the kit. you have a 1.0 the slowest eng. with super soft tires and a hard stab. bar. your first mod should be takeing the criple cap. off the pcbord on the car tell me if you wanna do it i’ll tel you how. then get a 2.6 orange endbell. then take off your stab. bar to keep from rolling it.but how ta get the most bang for your buck go to radio shack and for $6 you get a 2.1 and a 2.4 stab bars gearing what is a kiler deal being the 2.6 is about $8

Admin
      Participant

Oh fine remove the suspension, goes like s#!+ compared to my car with soft stab and springs. It’s there for a reason, to keep the front end from losing traction.

Admin
      Participant

Ok This all sounds nice and cool and stuff. First

Where can I get a supra body?

Second- Im used to driving it- but is a 2.6 make a big difference in speed?

THird- whats a criple cap? whats the pc board? whats a stabilizer bar? Is it that white plastic peice across the 2 front tires?

fourth- heres what i plan on doing to it. Get a wheel and gear tuning set, Tire set, 2.6 motor all from Hobbico- is this a good idea?

THANK YOU FOR THE FAST RESPONSES AND THE ONES TO CONTINUE

Admin
      Participant

Yes, everybody has different opinions, so buy what you want and decide for yourself. The stab is the plastic thing over the front wheels, soft ones make the suspension softer, soft tyres have more grip…faster motors…make u go faster:smiley2:different gears make u faster or have better acceleration.

Admin
      Participant

Well how much faster is the 2.6 motor than the 1.0?

Admin
      Participant

alot the 1.0 is a turd as for the supra there none in the use. a soft stab and a stiff stab drive the same way try a 3.0 or a 3.8 i use dual batt.s hooking up a 3rd ta see if i can blow my old 2.6.

whare are you from? im from michigan

Admin
      Participant

Is the 2.6 a lot slower thant the 3.0 or 3.8?

Well I think for my first car I will stick a 2.6 in it anyway.

Admin
      Participant

the 3.0 is fast and the 3.8 is to fast and i got a 5.3 that holey sh*t fast. what state do you live in?

Admin
      Participant

New York

Admin
      Participant

The 1.0 runs 10000 rpm, the 2.2, 22000 and so on so you can get an idea of how each would compare to your 1.0

Admin
      Participant

When everything has been said and done, ie. you’ve got your Bit looking like you want it to look with the right body and colour/s, and you’ve got it driving like you want it, ie. the right gear ratio with the right engine and right suspension, you might want to try adding headlights to it. I saw someone in the forums construct undercarriage neons for their car!! The sky’s the limit for modding Bits. Just check out QFM racing for more mdding ideas!

http://www.questformadness.com– I think.

Anyway, have fun racing, and Good Luck with the modding!

Admin
      Participant

yeh QFM is a good site. Lots of info. Im getting the zip zap kit (fast and furious) from radioshack that has 2 motors 2. something and a 1.0. Ill tell you guys how they are over the weekend

Admin
      Participant

I got a zip zap tire and performance kit. I put the pinkish motor in with a little jamming since it is a little longer than a microsizer motor. I put red gears on it.

I also have a blue motor which I think is a 1.0?? Im not sure. Anyobdy know what the pink and the blue motor are?

Anyway the red gearing and the pinkish motor run much quicker than the old 1.0 and stock gearing. The tires are also A1! They grip much better.

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.