Official : Offroader production started!

Home Forums Mini-Z, Mini-X, X-Mods and other Mini-Scale Mini-Z, Mini-X, X-Mods – Discussion Official : Offroader production started!

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author
      Admin
      Participant

We were sent this URL this morning:

http://www.interq.or.jp/blue/fumio/over_land_report.html

The accompanying information is as follows:

• Drivetrain is still 2WD, however, vehicle features extralow-range gearing (can be changed to race-spec)and large oil-fileld shock/suspension setup to make it quite capable on uneven surfaces.
      • The Japanese domestic market recommended retail pricefor the Readyset kits will be JPY15,800 (approx AUD230.00 or USD130.00) . Add about 10-15% once landed in international markets.
      • Shipping is expected to commence in November 2002, with sales expected to begin in December 2002
      • Australian distribution – announcement pending.
      • [/list]

Looking forward to getting hold of one for a review sooner rather than later :smiley2:

Cheers

Derek

Admin
      Participant

FINALLY!!!!!! That’s what I’m gonna get next… I waited for it for SOOOOOOO long!!!!!!! :smiley4:

Admin
      Participant

Im a newbie to this, but I love those mini-z’s … does this mean we will be getting 4×4’s here soon, or is it not realy a 4 wheel drive machine.

Where would you recommend I buy one? Can I buy online?

Tony

Admin
      Participant

Akatd

It is not a true 4WD machine. Power is delivered only to the rear wheels. I’m sure Kyosho would love to pack in a drivetrain to get power to the front wheels, however, it would be a VERY tight squeeze in a 1:24 body.

If you must have 4WD in something smaller than a 1:10 scale nitro or electric, look at the HPI Micro RS4 (1:18 scale). Not quite as small or cool as the Mini-Z but they ARE 4WD. And they’re somewhat pricer than the Zs (AUD400+ vs AUD260)

As for car sales, just wait until 1 November if you can :smiley2:

Derek

Admin
      Participant

Eh, you guys…seriously…cannot…wait…..eh

Derek, do you have MSN messenger?

Admin
      Participant

No I can’t wait:smiley1: And btw Mini-Z is 1/28 and there are cars even smaller (something like 1/64 I think…) that have 4wd, but look at the motor, it looks like it could get DIRRTY very easily(of course considering my driving:smiley2:)…

I would like to see lift, lowering kits, new tires wheels, and TOTAL compatability with regular zini-M, I dunno when I get my jero there is a chance of 99% for me to repaint it, it looks kinda cheezy imho, I don’t like this rally color, but it would so tight if u can fit ur Peu 206 and Lancia body on it:smiley4: *Jes Dreemin…*

Admin
      Participant

The scale of Mini-Z varies by shell – from 1:24 to 1:28

Just out of curiosity, what are the 1:64 scale cars with 4WD? How are the front wheels driven – belt or shaft?

Thanks

Derek

Admin
      Participant

Jamie

For instant messaging details, check out this thread.

Cheers

Derek

Admin
      Participant

http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4005

Here’s the link of these tiny cars, imho it’s lame that kyosho can’t even come up with 4wd mini-z…

Judge for yourself:smiley15:

PandaBear
      Participant

Funny you should mention… Kyosho has had 1/20 offroaders nearly 20 yrs ago now!! Dogbone drive to RWD, coilover shocks, double wishbone suspension.

Admin
      Participant

PandaBear – what size were the servos in those things? Remember what they were called? Would like some pix from inside….

Thanks

Derek

Admin
      Participant

Dr_Yo

That little hummer is amazing!

Just wondering, if you were a Kyosho engineer for a day, where you might run a dogbone or belt to drive a front diff on a 4WD Mini-Z. I’ve just been looking at mine and I can’t find anywhere for them to squeeze such a drive mechanism in.

Cheers

Derek

PandaBear
      Participant
      Quote:
      Originally posted by Derek on 28October2002

PandaBear – what size were the servos in those things? Remember what they were called? Would like some pix from inside….

Derek:- the Kyosho Mini Optima/Ultima was designed to use standard radio gear, you can fit a miniservo to steer it. However you also had to get battery, RX and ESC under there – can get micro ESCs like the ones designed by Sanwa and Futaba for Kyosho’s motorbikes.

Some ppl also modified the car to take Tamiya Tamtech CPR (RX+ESC in1) which comes with its own ear-less little servo; the Tampack battery also fits. Interestingly its all directly plug-in – all the plugs are the same! More curiously, the HPI MicroRS4 also uses the same battery & motor plugs.

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.