Pics of my Mini-Z Madforce

Viewing 63 reply threads
  • Author
      ph2t
      Participant

Got my Madforce earlier this week and I gotta say that it s a sh1tload of fun! This thing can go over anything. I ve run it inside my house (floorboards) and outside on concrete and grass no problems. In the dirt is leaves the coolest tracks and can donut with the best of them.

So far the mods I have done are a 2×2 stack of IRF7389 fets (Thanks Aaron!). Also I ve got a 35 turn motor from http://www.minizworkshop.com that works very weel (faster than the Kyosho X-Speed and an insane amount of torque). I ve got the 12 tooth pinion installed and the top speed is insane.

I m also running with 750mAh NiMH s that reallly pack a punch. So far I ve gotten it to wheelie for a total of 6m s, lol….

So here are some still and action shots of my new Madforce in action.

:p

ph2t.

micro_Amps
      Participant

Hehehe, let me guess who is taking the photos.:D
      Nice stuff Ph2t, now me wants, damn it.
      Maybe later though.
      :)uA

ph2t
      Participant

YEah, couldn’t help myself in the that second last pic dude.:approve: My brother is the looking for where the Monster went. He thinks they’re mad!

ph2t.

betty.k
      Participant

actually that aint me, it’s his brudda! as you can tell from the second last pic they share a special love!:D i have had a go of this beastie though and i’m very impressed! i aint gonna be buying one in a hurry but if you can afford it you won’t be disappointed! great resolution with the tx/rx units and the suspension works beautifully even with the stock setup. it’s a great combination of fun and serious rc that’s hard to pass up!:p:8ball:

micro_Amps
      Participant

Do much ‘doona bashing’ ph2t? (last pic)
      How does the wife feel about now being a doona clad obstacle course.?:D J/K.
      Sorry mate, couldnt help myself.

BK, got it in one, my mistake tho. R

Edited by – micro_Amps on 14 March 2004 10:51:19

ph2t
      Participant

haha, nice one dude! The doona it at my bro’s house. The little woman won’t even let the Z near the doona given that it’s a (and I quote) ” a dirty little thing that has prolly got dirt and crap all over it!”……

Of course that’s true…..

ph2t.

micro_Amps
      Participant

If it hasnt, then you arent using it correctly.

So I gather the only time it has ever been in the house is when it first came out of the box.
      I can just see it now at your place, by the back door, three sets of boots, and the mad force.

ph2t
      Participant

lol! 😀

PandaBear
      Participant

Cute!

Where’s the FET mod?? 🙂

ph2t
      Participant

it’s under the bonnet son…..

z-beam
      Participant

lucky mutha! so how much did the beast set you back?

barto_85
      Participant

nice work ph2t, looks like a fun beast.

ph2t
      Participant

z, it cost $145 USD + $35USD in shipping. In the same package I also bought some other sh1t. So the total cost for me was just over $300AUS…. I know, it’s a bit but it’s NOT a toy, a misconception held by many people.

I went over to a mates place to check out his new 1/10 nitro offroader. That thing cost him > $1000AUS once he finally walked out of the store.

ph2t.

dgs73
      Participant

now grab yourself some oil shocks and bearings… you’ll be suprised the difference it makes… especially the shocks

ph2t
      Participant

yeah, that’s next on the list.

oil shocks
      bearings
      foam inserts (soft)

What mods have you done on your madforce dude?

ph2t.

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

Get some more FETS man, and get a Plasma dash and some neodymium magnets, make those tyres BEG for mercy.

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

haha i just had a closer loo at that second last pic…..nice shot ph2t

ph2t
      Participant

:approve:

dgs73
      Participant
      Quote:
      yeah, that’s next on the list.

oil shocks
      bearings
      foam inserts (soft)

What mods have you done on your madforce dude?

ph2t.

sorry dude, been busy as this morning… the Monster mods list as follows; bearings w/ silver lock nuts, front & rear oil shocks, s/s kingpins, s/s suspension shafts, 5.8mm milled s/s ball joints (for under the chassis; heaps stonger than the stock joints), 6 x 4.8mm s/s milled ball joints (have’nt bothered putting em in yet…), Powertech 800mAh NIMH batts., and I think that’s it as yet. The bearings take ages to put in, as you will discover… worth the time spent though, must say. Next up are the front/rear damper stays in silver aluminium (can not wait.),spring set, and maybe some alloys…

ph2t
      Participant

and I thought aftermarket parts on bits chewed the cash, lol…………

dgs73
      Participant

you’ve entered a whole new world of hurt, depending on cash availability. So much fun tho

dgs73
      Participant

oh, forgot to list the soft & hard foam inserts. Most of the Monster parts are pretty cheap, you’ll find… have you found that if your throttle trim is’nt set right, then the brakes dont work right? Hard to explain this one, but if its happned to you then you’ll know what I mean…

ph2t
      Participant

Nah, never had a problem with that man. Brake works fine for me.

ph2t
      Participant

Can’t keep a good thing down….

Looking a little bit worse off these days, where the hell the front grill went I dunno….:shock:

Video will be posted tonight!

ph2t.

dgs73
      Participant

dat be one beaten body dude… yeah my brakes are fine too, but the throttle setting does effect their performance…

bithed
      Participant

…DOOOD !!! that is truly chewed up and spat out…I like the height you are getting on your jumps 🙂 I cant believe you havent broken anything yet…

…I dont even HAVE brakes !! LOL…i tool ’em off cos they get in the way off trying to get away from my jumping son 🙂 Hence a cracked rear wheel 🙁 Still runs though 🙂

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

Huh??? The brakes are electronic mn….on the circuit board.

dgs73
      Participant

i know this Jamie, still trying to figure why it happens…
      stacks on, ph2t!!! (4th photo)

ph2t
      Participant

lol, I know man, like an unfinished arial corkscrew…..:smiley16:

ph2t
      Participant

Finally got the video uploaded, check it here:

Madforce Video by ph2t (DivX – 7MB)

:p

ph2t.

TallduDe
      Participant

hell yeah!!!!!!!

wheres my wallet???????

micro_Amps
      Participant

That is just sick Ph2t.
      Damn, I need a better paying job (or a few less mortgages.)

dgs73
      Participant

wanna have a fang about with one first Talldude?

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

I am tempted………

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

Nice video ph2t, god damn that thing gets a thrashing, how the hell something hasn’t broken is anybody’s guess:8ball:

ph2t
      Participant

What can I say, I like to tempt fate…..

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

I my mr01 touches a wall or barrier i cringe!!!

dgs73
      Participant

i’m like that too Jamie… for some reason the Monster just looks like it can take more of a beating than the Racer…

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

maybe it’s because i have over $600 of mini Z slamming into a wall lol.

ph2t
      Participant

see, that’s just too much….

dgs73
      Participant

true, true

barto_85
      Participant

that thing is awesome, it looks so much bigger in the photo’s than it is in the vid. looks real fun.

dgs73
      Participant

considering they’re about an inch or so shorter in length than the racer…

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

Thats what addictions do, people……

dgs73
      Participant

im not addicted… its all under control… oops…

ph2t
      Participant

my downward spiral has just started……

dgs73
      Participant

well, grease it up and enjoy the ride dude…:smiley2:

bithed
      Participant

test…does this show up?

betty.k
      Participant

no, red x bit face!:8ball:

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

ph2t, first you will upgrade this….then that….then this bit….and it just goes on forever.

Pork_Hunt
      Participant

How many FETS can fit in there????

Pork_Hunt
      Participant

How many FETS can fit in there????

ph2t
      Participant

in the Madforce? a 4 stack will fit, anything higher will prolly need mods….

well, finally something broke! The damper mount thingy….

thankfully one’s on order but I’m now thinking that I should get the alloy version……

ph2t.

Edited by – ph2t on 05 April 2004 21:33:30

ph2t
      Participant

in the Madforce? a 4 stack will fit, anything higher will prolly need mods….

well, finally something broke! The damper mount thingy….

thankfully one’s on order but I’m now thinking that I should get the alloy version……

ph2t.

Edited by – ph2t on 05 April 2004 21:33:30

Evo
      Participant

Didi i fail to mention i have also breaked that same part?

🙂

Evo
      Participant

Didi i fail to mention i have also breaked that same part?

🙂

ph2t
      Participant

everyone seems to break that part. It happened when I kept running into a wall or coming off a high jump and the front end would take a dive..

when looking closer at the design this part just looks like a fundamental weak spot. The rods come from the front and take ALL the force from the front end onto the two little nubs at the end, sense does it make? no…..

I gotta stop making faster motors, lol…

ph2t.

ph2t
      Participant

everyone seems to break that part. It happened when I kept running into a wall or coming off a high jump and the front end would take a dive..

when looking closer at the design this part just looks like a fundamental weak spot. The rods come from the front and take ALL the force from the front end onto the two little nubs at the end, sense does it make? no…..

I gotta stop making faster motors, lol…

ph2t.

dgs73
      Participant

yeah, first bit that broke for me too… did’nt take that much of a contact between wall and front wheel to break it either… for some reason, the alloy damper stays are’nt available for the front yet, just the rear…:evil:

dgs73
      Participant

yeah, first bit that broke for me too… did’nt take that much of a contact between wall and front wheel to break it either… for some reason, the alloy damper stays are’nt available for the front yet, just the rear…:evil:

betty.k
      Participant

now that i’ve seen how this thing drives and had a close look at this part i reckon it’s a serious weakspot that should have been addressed. before i go on i should say i know crap all about serious rc, (ph2t’s is the first real rc i’ve used more than once) but i know a weak spot when i see one. alloy parts would certainly be stronger, but the design is silly. those little ball mounts should be attached to the pcb cover underneath (or whatever part that is under them) so the impact is shared between the 2. i’m sure this can be done with some small screws and accurate drilling. i know these aren’t designed for the abuse that this one gets, but it just seems like an obvious oversight to me:8ball:

betty.k
      Participant

now that i’ve seen how this thing drives and had a close look at this part i reckon it’s a serious weakspot that should have been addressed. before i go on i should say i know crap all about serious rc, (ph2t’s is the first real rc i’ve used more than once) but i know a weak spot when i see one. alloy parts would certainly be stronger, but the design is silly. those little ball mounts should be attached to the pcb cover underneath (or whatever part that is under them) so the impact is shared between the 2. i’m sure this can be done with some small screws and accurate drilling. i know these aren’t designed for the abuse that this one gets, but it just seems like an obvious oversight to me:8ball:

dgs73
      Participant

this weakness was sort of addressed, but could have been sorted sooner. The mount that ph2t shows there is the revised design, with much thicker plastic (nubs?) around where the dog-bones screw in. These split with ease. Now it looks like the newer one cracks along the back. Alloy really will fix this, but it should have been sorted at the start. But if not the front damper, then something else would go…

dgs73
      Participant

this weakness was sort of addressed, but could have been sorted sooner. The mount that ph2t shows there is the revised design, with much thicker plastic (nubs?) around where the dog-bones screw in. These split with ease. Now it looks like the newer one cracks along the back. Alloy really will fix this, but it should have been sorted at the start. But if not the front damper, then something else would go…

Viewing 63 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.