Removing front wheels?

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author
      Admin
      Participant

Just wondering how this is done as the wheels on my 2000GT-R chassis are grey and when I want to do a gear swap I’m left with Grey on the front and chrome on the back. Swapping chassis isn’t an option as this is the booster car.

Is there info on how to do this anywhere?

Cheers

Admin
      Participant

Found detailed instructions here FYI anyone else who isn’t too sure.

Putting them back together isn’t so easy – requires patience 🙂

http://www.blackadderhall.com/bitchar-g/garage/steering.shtml

Admin
      Participant

Hey i have a microsizer and on the rod that holds the wheel to the steering knuckle has like ridges on it so it doesnt pop out if want to change rims. Does the bit-charg have these ridges? If not could someone give me a few pointers on how to remove them because hitting it with a nail and hammer dont work.

z-beam
      Participant

go check out qfm!!!!

not any hammer!!! i got a little hammer with a set of precision screwdrivers and i used it and a pair of sharp nosed tweezers to slowly knock them out.

you need small tools for small cars!!!!

ask if you need tell if you know.

Admin
      Participant

Rather than use a precision screwdriver, I filed the point off a small nail. This way my screwdriver still has some “precision” :smiley1:

I use a small tack hammer for the banging part.

z-beam
      Participant

This way my screwdriver still has some “precision”

genspec whats that supposed to mean????:smiley13:

Admin
      Participant

I just meant that I didn’t destroy the end of my screwdriver so I could still use it for those little fiddly jobs.:smiley1:

Admin
      Participant

Instead of swaping therims why not just swap the whole wheel and the plastic turning thingies with anther set by dissmating the front end there is a good turorial on this site and then you dont have to run the risk of Smashin the rims

Admin
      Participant

I’ve removed the rims from a genuine Bit Char-g using a small screwdriver and hammer. Yes, the original Bit Char-g has barbs on the front axles which makes it much more difficult but you just have to hit harder. The trick to not bending your rim is DON’T HOLD THE RIM WITH PLIERS!!! Drill a hole in a piece of wood big enough for the axle pin to go through. Then put the wheel down on the wood and pound the axle out through the hole you just drilled. This way you have even pressure all the way around the wheel as you’re pounding the axle out. I’ve done this a number of times with great success. The only problem with the barb type axle is you can only pound them out 5 or 6 times before they start getting lose.

-Peter

PandaBear
      Participant
      Quote:
      Originally posted by Lazboy on 28October2002

Instead of swaping therims why not just swap the whole wheel and the plastic turning thingies with anther set

Yay – I was waiting from someone with a bit of common sense..!! :smiley10:

Definitely, if you’re only swapping wheels between BCGs, then just swap the whole steering knuckle assembly – it’ll take you less than 1 min.

Pulling the axles out will invariably damage something, you’ll never be able to secure it like new again, something will be out of kilter somewhere. Its the only choice if you wanna put non-BCG hoops on, but if you’re just only swapping BCG wheels then that’s pretty silly.

Admin
      Participant

Yes points for ME

PandaBear
      Participant

:smiley4: BLUE R34 OWNERS UNITE oh yeah!!

Admin
      Participant

i always seem to damage the steering knukles.the tac digs into the knukle or the knuckle beend or the rod bends no matter what i do. its beccause of the barbs on the rod???

NEED HELP PLZ PLZ PLZ

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.