the bit char-g UK site seems to be down and has been for a while now

GT-ahh
      Participant

yeah they’ve moved their forums too

Trackmaster
      Participant

The site is not down, you can find my tutorial here:
      http://www.bitchar-g.co.uk/track_building/trackmaster.shtml

Questions regarding my track? Send ’em to me and I?ll try to answer them.

/Trackmaster

Impreza
      Participant

Thanks Trackmaster, link worked for me. What is the surface made of?

Impreza
      Participant

Sorry Trackmaster, under-roofing paper:smiley9:.

Admin
      Participant

Looks very nice!! wish i had the tools and stills to make a track like that!!

Trackmaster
      Participant

Thanks for the kind words, but I don?t think you need any specific skills or tools to accomplish a track like this. Just browse around for some ideas on what material to use, then buy some nails, glue etc and grab a hammer and a saw! Almost done :smiley1:

Since i finished this track I have been trying to figure out how to build a track based on modules, and I hope I have found the way now. Hopefully I will be able to try out my ideas in the near future.
      The system, if it works, will bring the possibility to rebuild your track within minutes, and still offer the feeling of a one-piece track. Hard to understand?
      Well, I guess I have to start building and shoot some pictures to explain myself…:smiley5:

/Trackmaster

Impreza
      Participant

Very good Idea Trackmaster, I was kind of thinking along the same lines… If you were to build square pieces, kind of like modified slot car track pieces, you could move the pieces around in different combos just like building blocks. My only prob with this is that I wanted to incorporate an overpass:(, this may increase the module pieces a bit as to get a shallower ramp. Good idea, let us know how it is working? If I ever get around to it I will try to put hammer to nail as well.

Admin
      Participant

i wanted to make a highway out of a slot car track and have slotcars running up and down like a real highway and u would have to maneuvre in and out of the traffic

GT-ahh
      Participant

slot cars run abit fast tho…ud have to limit the speed and the huge magnets in the cars would creat some havoc.

Impreza
      Participant

The magnets would be BAD on the slot car track with the power on.

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.