URGENT – Forum Security

Home Forums General Chat URGENT – Forum Security

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Admin
      Participant

Hi Everyone.

As you’re all probably aware we were hacked over the Christmas period. The Hacker probably gained access to all passwords used to access the Forums so PLEASE change your PASSWORD right now. READ MORE

Your password can be changed by clicking the “Edit Profile” button once you’re logged into the Forum.

As you can all see we’ve lost about 6 weeks worth of posts so now comes the challenge of building it all back up again!

Your e-mails of support and offers to help over this time has been greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Aaron

Admin
      Participant

Some info for you. As long as you need to use a log in page your password is not safe. Changeing your password wont do nothing. AAron i have your new password and i got it in under 2 min farly easy. There are program’s that can use every word numbe ect. combo so its just a matter of time before they find it. depending on your password on how fast there computer is they can have it in 2 sec. The hacker is someone we all know and before you were hacked i tought him how to use the program he’s useing. he dus have a updated password file as of 12-4-02 and it is verry easy to add to that file or get a newer bigger file.

I could help you make this site safer. He dosent total know the program and i stoped helping him, but to let you know of the power and speed of the program remember in 1999 i think when a kid hacked into N.A.S.A. he’s useing that same program.

As for Aaron and Derik and the modarators i highly advise you to see if you can get your hands on a “ip cloker” or a “ip genarator” so if he learns that program your system is safe.

Admin
      Participant

Just remember you’ve just admitted knowledge of a criminal offence. Welcome to being an accessory. You will be reported to AOL for your conduct and to relevant authorites.

Hacking is illegal and also I don’t see the point of why you or anyone would do this.

Admin
      Participant

Hmmmmm i just said i know the name of the person i was willing to help you. Anyways i dont use AOL. I will willing to help you set up a safer log in whare you cant get the password useing a program like WebCracker. As for beaing a accessory i just stated what was well knowen do anyone who knows anything about computers. but i even would of offered to set up a new log in system up for free but not anymore. you pointed the finger on me when i was trying to be nice and help you out. You wernt hacked you use that word alot you were the victom of a scrypt if you were really hacked your site would be up stilll. but you need to set up a new log in. disable the right click so noone can get the link rename the log in and put it in th corner of the main page. How they got in was they start with a big list of numbers and words they type in the user name and the link to you site’s login the program then dus all the passwords in it file in a few sec. if you disable the right click this iwill make it harder to get the url. it wont be totaly locked out from hacking but i dought anyone that comes on here and is mad can mess with it. if you dont understand anything or you wanna test this set up out pm me and i’ll tell you how ta set up everything.

i have my own site and i use that log in set up and no prob’s in the past 2 years. go to http://www.blackcode.com they have some helpfull info about web site securitysome tool’s. some of the links have some of the programs people use to get passwords. so far WebCracker 4.0 is the most up to date. they offer it to check how resistant your site is to it.

i cant strees this enought no matter if you change your password 10 times a day its like you never changed it. if you dont set anything up atleast let me tell you how to make some special letters and stuff like my name to help boost sec. i dought 1/2 the people here know code. if you put 1 special letter in your name it just makes it 10 times harder to fiqure it out and 1 think the webcracker dosent use is special leters and symbles, if they wanna use that they gotta type in every combo of them with every letter into a file and use it prob take about 10 years a sampe of a code would be somthing like & # 1 9 3 ; with out the spaces and that would make a special symble. i just made that up but there &# with 3 numbers and a ; at the end.

but like i said if you want his i p i’ll give it to ya i got it. i dought its real like 90% of the people on the net’s becouse everyone has web anyo. but when he tryed ta send me a nuke onmsn msg he used the file transfer and it showed 295.37.475 and i dont know his user name becouse he used it diden show it only showed U_r_GaY if anything i tryed helping you out becouse he trytd to crash my stuff when he found out i was onto him.

why would i wanna see this site down i lost a sale becouse of it and now im out some money. i have people you know and trust who can back me up on haveing nothing to do with this just me trying to help you out.

Admin
      Participant

Considering half the stuff you talk about is pure dictionary attack methodogy and yes there’s way to tighten things up. Your ‘friend’ will not be having much luck in the future. I do agree there’s some things that can be done improve the security aspects fo the code, and as such they are slowly taking place (I don’t really like re-writing other peoples stuff)

You seem awefully upset over the use of the word ‘hack’. I suggest you check out your laws. No matter how much of a script kiddy a person is the act of damaging data is known as hacking, is highly illegal etc.

As for the downtime, you don’t wanna know how much it has annoyed me! We have a community of just under 1000 people who have no interest in being involved in some childish game of ‘I’m so cool’.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.