VERY COOL NEW BIT/CHAR-G

Home Forums General Chat VERY COOL NEW BIT/CHAR-G

Viewing 29 reply threads
  • Author
      trash
      Participant

Hi Kiddies,
      Just left Hong Kong yesterday, home of every cool RC toy on the planet.
      Saw some VERY COOL new bit machines. The usual cars for $7aus.
      The trucks like the one in my gallery, clone boats which funny enough come out before the new authentic Char-G boats. The ones I saw were the same size as a char-G car, but with a single propeller and a rudder.
      They were a ocean racer twin hull type. Awesome stuff. unfortunately some of the shops were asking $40 for them, which is way too much, they will probably be in the local markets next week for $10.
      Bit submarine. yes, an authentic one… cost me $10. I’ll have a pic of this on my gallery in about 3 weeks. (sorry still on holidays).
      Lots of other stuff to blow ya minds.

barto_85
      Participant

excellent, can’t wait to see your pics.

DaveF
      Participant

If you can pick me up a 2 submarines, I’ll pay you $20 Aus each for them when you come back to Aussie land.

trash
      Participant

yeah, I’d love too, but my bags are packed to the brim with lots of other goodies too.
      I wish I had enough room for lots of other things, but back weight limit is 20kg and excess and some of that is my clothes etc. I’d even consider buying stuff there for people, and posting it back to australia, but the cost of postage out of hong kong is a killer, it’s cheaper to pay excess baggage with the airline.
      There are other ways using consolidated freight, but you’d want to have a lot of stuff to ship back to make it worth while.

oldtamiyaphile
      Participant
      Quote:
      weight limit is 20kg and excess and some of that is my clothes etc.

Just put them all on:D

trash
      Participant

Oh, I’m way ahead of you…. I flew from Hong Kong to Bangkok with a heavy ski jacket… trust me, it looks silly, but the jacket weighs 4kg on it’s own.
      This jacket costs about $600 in australia. $80 in HK.
      For that kind of saving I’d wear a space suit !
      When a BCG car costs $5aud… how many can you fit into your pockets and luggage ?

I found a picture of one of the new subs on Ebay.
      http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3146012402&category=1200

I’d seen BCG skateboards, BCG busses motorcycles etc…now BCD mice have started appearing in HK.
      My cat still preferes stalking the tanks.

DaveF
      Participant

Bummer. Oh well, can’t blame me for trying. =o) It was a big ask anyway, seeing as you don’t know me from Adam.

Have a nice rest of trip.

DaveF
      Participant

Man, those subs are $90 US on eBay. I hope you have the address of the people selling them for $10.

trash
      Participant

That’s not the problem, getting to and from HK is 🙂
      I’m currently looking for the mob that makes or distributes them. They’re bound to cost a lot less.
      The semi trucks cost $25 in HK just 3 months ago, now crazy clarks is selling them for $15, you can bet they are getting them into the country for less than $5. The BCG cars probably leave the factory at $2-3each. I was horrified to see hobby shops selling them for $35. But whe you work out the cost of having to travel to HK and then buy the stuff ship it and not get any money back on defective units, it all adds to the cost
      Freight and import duty are the killers. Big companies have more money and can ship large amounts offsetting the cost. The BCG subs don’t come in small bubbles like the cars, the box is big and just 5 of them would fill a bag. If they were small I could get a lot into a box and post them.
      HK postage is expensive, which is why the guys selling stuff on Ebay australia (like bit planes) say you have to pay $50 shipping even though they are in melbourne. Zzzzzt. No, they’re in Hong Kong,
      they pay no tax and you pay all the shipping, and you take all the risk. If the unit doesn’t work, though luck.
      Consolidated freight is the best way, but you need a large amount of people to pay cash up front, with enough to send somebody over to pack a crate and ship it back, and then you still have to pay your share of the duty when it gets here. something like $2 each item etc. I have a friend over there that I’m hoping will send me stuff if I line his pocket with a few $$ each time he sends something.
      Postage still being a killer !

DaveF
      Participant

Sounds good. Keep me in mind when you want to place an order.

DaveF
      Participant

Sounds good. Keep me in mind when you want to place an order.

TallduDe
      Participant

hey everyone

toyeast has got subs!

http://www.toyeast.com/proddetail2.asp?pdtid=ANYW002

i dont know if they are as good as the original ones in the bay link which trash showed but they are a hell of a lot cheaper so who cares right?

i might get one to scare my fish hahahahahahaha

trash
      Participant

that’s the ones, exactly the same !

A tip on them when you buy them, check them for leaks. Mine leaked around the small LED’s. A touch of superglue fixes them.

The main seal is around the hull just in front of the motor stems. It comes off without too much trouble enven though they say not to open the sub.
      (who ever reads the instructions ?)
      It seems water tight, but the O ring is very fragile, so be careful how you put it back together.
      I use some vasolene to help keep the water out. (don’t glue it). The ballast in mine was also a little light. A small fishing sinker glued into the nose cone
      fixed it and now it works fantastic !

Overall, they’re a cool little machine. 8/10
      😀

TallduDe
      Participant

sweeet

i might have to get one just for ummm errr yeah

ok im gettin one coz it looks cool hahahaha

jazza_1984
      Participant

cant wait to get my hands on one of the subs for my fish tank 🙂

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

I might get one and i guess its a good excuse to buy fish 😛

DaveF
      Participant

I’ve orderred one of the subs from ToyEast. $13US, plus postage, so I threw in some Minis and new BCG motors too (4.2s). Should be here in about a week. Now I won’t need the picture of the shark on a stick to terrorise the goldfish at work.

trash
      Participant

That’s a damn good price for something outside of HK.

I have another new toy that I picked up today…
      this one is even cooler than the midget subs !!!

A BCG style motorcycle.
      Now I know what you’re thinking.. I’ve seen the training wheel style BCG motorcycles in HK for $5
      a pop. They’re rather dull and boring.
      Not this one. Think of a true motorcycle BCG size
      with a robot rider weightshifting. These are SUPER cool !! Unfortunately for the plebs out there, I got the last one (again). They make two styles, both ducati’s one a 886? the other a 999,
      yellow and red. You only have 4 days to wait for a picture of these ones, and I’m looking for the company that makes them. If I find the distributor, I will guess that they cost about $100-$120 to get them back to australia if somebody really wants one. I know what a bunch of nutcases you ducati people can be.

merc-blue
      Participant

100 aus…?

trash
      Participant

yep $100 aus.
      Nikko iRider motorcycle. Ducati 749 or Ducati 999.
      I have a 749 so far and I’m chasing up a 999, they’re quite difficult to find. There is only one other that I know of on shop shelves around here.
      ahh.. finally just found on on the web with a picture !!!

http://www.otherlandtoys.co.uk/product695/product_info.html

ah, and one even cheaper … the 999…
      http://myahead.com/go/look/product.show_product?v_id=4338

no need for me to bring another one back when you guys can order them on the net… coool !

TallduDe
      Participant
      Quote:
      I’ve orderred one of the subs from ToyEast. $13US, plus postage, so I threw in some Minis and new BCG motors too (4.2s). Should be here in about a week. Now I won’t need the picture of the shark on a stick to terrorise the goldfish at work.

hahahahahahahahahaha

cool!

tell us your opion of the thing, coz im still debating whether to buy 1 still. 😀

DaveF
      Participant

Received the sub. it needs 8 x AA batteries, but they have to go into some battery case, then into the controller, alternatively you can use a battery pack. The sub comes with neither of these though. Which means that new out of the box, I can’t use it till I buy something else. man, I hate that.

M_Coupe
      Participant

Those Bikes look SO bad ass!!! I need one of them!

How do they run Trash?

M_Coupe
      Participant

Also… is there any real differance between the 749 and 900? Like higher speed or anything?

trash
      Participant

no, they handle the same.
      I showed a guy at a shop today who has a glow plug rc motorcycle. He got it up second go and had no problem driving it. He reckons it handles just the same but on a tiny scale.
      I discovered a problem this afternoon when a friend came around. Each model bike is on the same frequency. The 749’s are on 27Mhz and the 999 are on 40.685Mhz. DOH !!!
      It won’t be an issue later, but for now I can see it being a problem with only 2 freqs used.

Can anybody suggest a program to convert .avi to mpg so I can post the video of them somewhere for you guys to see ?

trash
      Participant

Has anybody seen any micro 4×4’s yet ?
      I’m sure they’ll turn up somewhere.. I missed the chance to pick one up in HK and would like to
      fool around with one.
      I didn’t get a close enough look to see how the steering was done because I thought they were only 2wd. doh !

TallduDe
      Participant

hey trash are you going to post any pics of the plane you got on your travels?

i dont mean to bug ya…….much :p

trash
      Participant

oh yeah … I’ll get the camera now.
      I flew it yesterday … amazing power to weight ratio for such a little plane.

It uses the same controller as the micro sub.

ah, I’d already put a pic on my members page…
      I need more space for pictures !! 🙂

http://members.ausmicro.com/trash/pic_13.jpg

TallduDe
      Participant

cool man thanks

i think ive seen that on ebay aswell.

thanks for the pic (again) 😀

trash
      Participant

you’ve probably also seen the smaller version.
      It has the same nacells, motors and props, but the fuselage is much smaller and the wings are round profile and swept up instead of folded like this plane. This one has lots of thrust and it can climb very quickly. The smaller one must really kick arse. I would have got it, but I just liked the look of this one more.
      It’s not exactly a beginner plan, as it requires a bit more skill just to keep it stable than the bigger electrics. My next electric is a 737. I was hoping to get it running before the weekend, but I haven’t been able to find my old 4ch radio.
      Doh !!
      I see wings n things now has the 4 engine B52 electric. I was going to buy one in HK, but I had no space for it. They also have a ducted fan Mig-15 and F-86 Sabre. I was told it is was harder to fly, but they look like fun.

I’m now loading pics up to the webshots site. I just can deal with 15 pics anymore 🙂

Viewing 29 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.