YES I did it ! longer range on supra

Viewing 22 reply threads
  • Author
      Admin
      Participant

Hi guys,on my supra remote there’s no cripple cap in it and the range is very short. Anyway I was playing with the reciever inside the supra and notice there was a brown chip, it’s bridged in between the big yellow and the smaller black chip just bellow where the antena come out from under.It looked as if it was put there as an after thought. I pull apart my rx7 and the r34 to see if that brown chip is in them, to my suprise non of them have it so Iremove the brown chip from the supra and now I get about 20 feet range. Maybe this mod work with other bit-charge car without the cripple cap?

Admin
      Participant

I just opened up my supras controller and I cant seem to find this brown chip could you show a picture of what you did our give the number on or near the chip

Admin
      Participant

My god. If this works, I want to have your children. 🙂 jk

Admin
      Participant

This chip is on the reciever inside the car,(not in the controller)

Admin
      Participant

Where is it? Underneath the electronics? Is it hard to get to?

Admin
      Participant

on top of the electronics, near the stablelizer bar. this chip is located in between the big yellow chip and the red resister. If you have other bit-charge car, you can open the electronics cover and make the comparison.

Admin
      Participant

Ok, I found it. It’s under the plastic cover, to the left of the 45 Megahertz sign. Towards the front of the car, under the antennae. I haven’t done it yet. It’s pretty tiny. . .

Admin
      Participant

I improved the range on my supra by adjusting the (pot) filter. Now I read this and I’m thinking that if I cut this chip out I’ll need binoculars to race, but I checked it out and the chip in my car is globbed up with solder too much.

Admin
      Participant

I don’t know, I might just break out the desoldering braid and do it. . . I’m just scared it won’t work after.

Admin
      Participant

How Did you get it out?? What did you use. it wont come out for me

Admin
      Participant

got it out with soldering iron.

Bitracer
      Participant

can anyone possibly post some pics?

Admin
      Participant

GameCubeMan!

Excellent find! I checked the Supra and found the cap you speak of.I checkedmy first gen bits and they do not have this circuit board “cripple” cap. I will do the mod and post step by step info with pics, on the QuestFormadness.com website tomorrow. I will definitely credit this great find to you! Wow! These mods are never-ending it seems…

QFM Racing

Admin
      Participant

thanks QFM Racing.

Admin
      Participant

Hey guys,

I found this “chip” in my S2000 (from K-Mart), took it out. And, nothing really. I may have got half a foot extra range, but not much at all..

Anyway, I lost the chip (it’s so tiny!), so hopefully my Bit keeps working without it 🙂

Admin
      Participant

Alright, are you talking about that brown ‘brick’ at the bottom left of this picture?

Admin
      Participant

hes talking about the little bitty one in between the yellow brick and the red resistor

Admin
      Participant

This mod has been posted on the QuestFormadness.comwebsite. Special thanks to Gamecubeman for breaking it to us all.

Admin
      Participant

I did this mod on my supra and now it won’t work any guesses why?

Admin
      Participant

I removed this from my bit and I now have a single foot of range with stutter.

I have also noticed the only mod to produce consistentimprovement in range is for transmitters with’cripple capacitors’ on the component side of the circuit board. Is this due to the number of production varibles of bits?

Admin
      Participant

I removed the chip from my new Supra. The range still the same, about 15-16 feets, but is acting weird. Some times it stop running or only run in reverse. I don’t know what is wrong. I have change the motor few times without any improvement.

If some body have any solution I will apreciate your help.

Admin
      Participant

Sounds more like a rf filter of sorts- My supra has it, but the range is just fine as compared to my first and second-gen bitchar…

Personally I’d figure any changes to the reciever board design would be to lower costs in tomy’s production.. the changes regarding the transmitter are still beyond me as the pitiful 2-foot range for the 4-frequency tx defies all explanation.

I have major trouble believing in the whole limiter people have been removing, as in my tx it hasn’t had made an ounce of difference.. then it might just be my house of RF… that;s what i get for mixing rc and massive amounts of unshielded computer components I suppose…

Admin
      Participant

sounds like this mod is a bit dodgy….. forgive me if i dont try it 🙂

Viewing 22 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.