Your Bits

Viewing 40 reply threads
  • Author
      Admin
      Participant

i was just wondering what Tomy bits or compacts or microsizers everyone has.

GT-ahh
      Participant

ive got a compact skyline GTR on 27MHz and an RX7clone on 49MHz

Admin
      Participant

i got 3 skyline gtr’s white with a carbofiber hood black with a carbon fiber hood and a lime green with a carbonfibe hood a pos s2k i made it my hooptie and a yellow lancer evo 5 with some black vinal looks pretty kick ass. im doing a prototype zip zap what has 3 nimh batt.s and dual 3.8’s

Admin
      Participant

Check my Sig 🙂

What I got to get to that was to buy the Yellow Compact S2000, both blue and white Compact Skyline R34s (plus another for my little boy), The Tomy NSX, Skyline LE set and the Fairlady Z booster set.

Next has to be the Speed Racer – think I might order it tomorrow 🙂

I hate it when I turn into a junkie and start collecting… anyone want to buy a couple of thousand Magic: The Gathering cards? :p

Trueno
      Participant

Setanta, I understand.

I started off with one or two and now I have six; Trueno Tuneup Box, Auto Modellista Set, Blue GTR (Compact Char-G), Accord wagon, Nismo GTR, and Clear GTR Booster.

I thought I had stopped untilI sawthe Speed Racer Set and the Big Foot Sets. When will it end……….

Admin
      Participant

Official Tomy Bit Char-G:

Plus I just ordered the Nissan Fairlady from HLJ.com :smiley1:

OEM Bit Char-G:

Admin
      Participant

Purchased Initial D set originally which comes with the AE86 and RX7 shells. Since purchased the Castrol Supra shell as well as the gear set, tyre set and suspension set with drift axle.

Impreza
      Participant

Impreza (blue) 27 mhz, soon to come Lancer (red if I can find it @ 49 mhz)…and abunch of clones at least one per freq. I’ve bought 8 cars total. plus lots of motors, bodies,tyres, gears and hubs (zip-zap) etc. The mazda cosmo and modellista sets look really cool 😛 Chris nice collection, did you mod the black Impreza (wheels, grill)?

Admin
      Participant

i should’ve wrote what i had, pretty stupid of me lol

i have Trueno Tune up box, Loctite Zexel SE GTR, white GT-R with carbon hood and 3.5 motor, Black BB open deck, silver S2k with extensive body mods, yellow S2k and i have a Gloria body set and Rx7 body set on the way

also have to scrape togther some cahs and i will get a Fairlady Z and Speed racer set:smiley4:

Admin
      Participant

LOL Shypo – I just ordered the Gloria and RX7 body sets too 🙂

Speed Racer is next, plus maybe a few booster chassis in the different freqs

Might as well post the collection seeing as I’m already hosting the pic 🙂

Admin
      Participant
      Quote:
      Originally posted by Impreza on 04November2002

Impreza (blue) 27 mhz, soon to come Lancer (red if I can find it @ 49 mhz)…and abunch of clones at least one per freq. I’ve bought 8 cars total. plus lots of motors, bodies,tyres, gears and hubs (zip-zap) etc. The mazda cosmo and modellista sets look really cool 😛 Chris nice collection, did you mod the black Impreza (wheels, grill)?

Hi Impreza,

The Black Subaru Impreza shell is simply on a booster chassis with silver rims. As for the grill, yes thats the new MKIII Knite Rider mod. Instead of it being mounted in your cars roof looking out the window, this version, you drill five small holes in the grill and the leds line up with the holes – result, a real looking KITT Bit! Check it out at Mikes Mods.

Admin
      Participant
      Quote:
      Originally posted by Setanta on 04November2002

Might as well post the collection seeing as I’m already hosting the pic 🙂

Nice collection. Is that the Nissan Skyline History set? They look sweet! Might have to get those!

PandaBear
      Participant
      Quote:
      Originally posted by Chris_Flowers on 04November2002

Nice collection. Is that the Nissan Skyline History set? They look sweet! Might have to get those!

No no NO, Chris.

You’re still waiting for your Mini Cooper!! :smiley9:

Admin
      Participant

Yeah – it’s the History set. I’m not to fussed on the red R34, but the dark grey R32 looks smooth as (go Godzilla) and the 2000GT-R – mmmmmmm 🙂

If anyone has a spare 2000GT-R they want to offload…. 😉

Admin
      Participant

My current list, hopefully add more to my colection

Compact Char-G white Skyline GTR

Penzoil Special Edition Skyline GTR

Project D Set

Lancer Evolution Red

Skyline History Set

NSX-R

Castrol Toms Supra Body

Mobil 1 NSX-R Body

Had a Lancer Evo WRC body, but can’t seem tofind it

and a Fairlady Z body

alot more parts and accessories, you name it drift axel, chicanes, pylons, motors, i hope i’ll eventually stop, they are so expensive but so tempting to have fun with, i first showed my manager at work, who is an import nut, and he was blown away, had to sell 5 of my bits to him because i was short of cash, but i’ll tell you something, i’ve never regreted the money i spent on these and i *never will*, life is too short not to have fun

PandaBear
      Participant
      Quote:
      Originally posted by Setanta on 04November2002

the dark grey R32 looks smooth as

imho they seem to be mounted sky-high… eg the sideskirts are as high as the axles. Gee, even a Pajero isn’t as high as that in 1:1… certainly not a tarmac shaver.

Think the old R34 looks cuter than the red one.

Admin
      Participant
      Quote:
      Originally posted by ms char-ged on 04November2002

alot more parts and accessories, you name it drift axel, chicanes, pylons, motors, i hope i’ll eventually stop, they are so expensive but so tempting to have fun with, i first showed my manager at work, who is an import nut, and he was blown away, had to sell 5 of my bits to him because i was short of cash, but i’ll tell you something, i’ve never regreted the money i spent on these and i *never will*, life is too short not to have fun

LOL! That’s a good way to get that promotion – showing your ‘bits‘ to your boss :smiley2:

Its interesting you say they are expensive. How much do you pay for one in Aus then? Over here in the UK, you can buy an imported one for about ?30 ($83 AUD). If you buy direct from HK yourself i.e. ToyEast or HLJ, you can pick them up from as little as ?15 ($42 AUD).

Your so right, life is too short to not have fun.

DaveF
      Participant

AUD…

The Comact Char-Gs (The Aussie model) is anything from $40 – $55.

Local sheisters will charge $65 – $90 for Japan import Bit Char-Gs.

You can get a Bit Char-G in from Japan or China for around $50 including postage and handling if you find the right person and buy 4 at a time or more.

Admin
      Participant

setanta if your not to fussed with the R34 you dont want to happen to part with it do you:smiley2:

Admin
      Participant

I’m hanging onto it as a part of the set at the moment, but as I pick up a few more different bodies I may be convinced to swap it. If so, I’ll let you know – first on the list. :smiley1:

Admin
      Participant

thanks, that’d be awesome setanta

Admin
      Participant

I’m thinking of picking up a second Skyline LE set Shypo – probably in the next18 hours off ebay.

The thing is, I only really want the chassis, controller and the ’70s Skyline (2000GTR).

That means that if you would like to come in on a “group buy”, the dark grey GTR R32 and red GTR 34 bodies can be yours. Total cost would be 71 bucks Australian for me, I don’t mind paying the bulk of that, if you want to pay the balance for the two other chassis (I really don’t want another R32 – I have too many Skylines as it is, and I’m a Honda driver in real life :p ).

Offer is open to anyone else, but Shypo gets first dibs on the red R34

Admin
      Participant

heya Setanta… SERIOUSLY INTERESTED in the GTR R32!!! Put me down for the dark grey R32, andican netbank some $$ into ur bank account whenever/whatever asap…

If this goes down then email me the details at denisammann@hotmail.com and we’ll work something out…

CHEERS.

Admin
      Participant

what do all you think is better? white gtr or blue?

Admin
      Participant

Blue gtr is better. But im buying 2 more char-g’s to wreck in a minute.

I want a loctite zexel gtr body………or the whole set.

Admin
      Participant

loctite zexel is king

Admin
      Participant

i just got one.. but its purdy 🙂 custom exaust, custom controller, tinted, changed rims a bit, a few decals, 3.0, 2.6, 1.0, fast OEM gears, messed with my tires a bit, lowered, and im planning a completely new (and unatempted.. as far as i can tell) antenna.. one of those proper whip ones offa big r/c car.. its cut, bent and i just gotta attach it cuz apperantly u cant solder it.. i had no idea.. a lil super glue should cut it.. i dunno.. ne ways.. soon enuff..

Admin
      Participant

oh yah.. and GLOW IN THE DARK spray paint for my OEM GTR body… heh heh heh:smiley15:

z-beam
      Participant

where is everything? so many topics have been taken away skylines are the best bit i must agree

Admin
      Participant

but GTR’s are so standard.. everyone has one in the bit world.. i saw the Gloria and i was like “THATS MY CAR!!” cuz it appears to be1 gloria owner for every 10 GTR owners.. go against the crowd.. thats my motto.. ne ways.. those GTR’s from the history pack are nice tho..

~peace

DaveF
      Participant

Sons – Red RX7, Black Celica

Wife – Auto Modelista set

Me – Fairlady set with a Supra shell.

Some extra motors – 1.0, 2.2, 3.0
      Extra tyres, and I’m soon to get some 130mah batteries for us all.

See link below for photos of the cars in action, and the pit/garage case.

Admin
      Participant

COMPACT

– clone yellow and blue S2000 shell tinted windows

– clone motor faster than 3.0

CLONE

– white S2000 tinted windows

– either 1.0 or 1.6 motor not sure

CLONE

-Blue WRX

-2.2 motor

Impreza
      Participant

I guess I have added to my collection since I saw this post last. Added the Auto Modellista set 2 speed. The bodies in this set are really nice. Still trying to add a Lancer evo, race body and maybe the fairlady. Plus a few more clones and the kit racer energi. I have got to stop collecting:$

Impreza
      Participant

Well a few more won’t hurt….

Admin
      Participant

i have added an amzaing amount of things lately, now i have a Bus a fairlady. a accord wagon, a Microsizer Lancer, a black celica, initial D trueno, Red suns Rx7, Pimp gloria rims with a green gloria shell, a red celica, a black rexy a white gloria, a bunch of motors man, its gonna take some time to get stuff back to normal

Admin
      Participant

Supra 1.0/2.6/3.0!! ah u got a fairlady!! anyone else got 1?? i want 1!!!

Admin
      Participant

and i have ordered speed racer:smiley14:

DaveF
      Participant

I have one, but I swapped the shell for a silver Supra. I wanted a body with a rear spoiler – I think it looks cooler.

The Truno kit looks good though. I didn’t realise until recently that it came with all the extras (tires, gears, etc). Makes it a good purchase. I don’t really like the bodies it comes with though.

Admin
      Participant

if you dont want the trueno shells i will be glad to swap them off your hands!!!

did you get the initial D set or the trueno tune up box cos the Tune up box is crazy hard to find now. i got lucky with mine.. ebay $84AU delivered

Admin
      Participant

boungah if u want a fairlady i think bit_charg_oz@hotmail.com may have 1 left

Admin
      Participant

thanks for letting me know but i would only like the shell!! just bought some motors off him and this and that, i havehardly any money left!! 🙁 but thanks for letting me know!! such kind people on thi forum!! …..

Viewing 40 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.