0-100 m Miniz Record

Viewing 21 reply threads
  • Author
      Admin
      Participant

English

The iniciative comes from a video posted by a member of http://www.minizeta.com forum (Pertegaz), where you can see his Mini-Z at 99 km/h on a Tamiya Speed Checker, and his autenticity was doubted on http://www.mini-rc.org frech forum.

Since that moment the idea of create the “1st Challenge Inter-Forums” was born, a competition online to see who breaks the world acceleration record with a Mini-Z on a 0-100m test measured with a Tamiya Speed Checker.
      It’s not an competition, so there’s no prize, just the pride of win the event at international level.

The rules are simple:

Mini-Z electronics
      FETs
      4 1,2V cells
      Free pinion and spur gear
      Free wheel diameter
      Type 130 motor

To be valid, the video must show how you select the 0-100 meters distance, then show a close view of the car to verify it haves 4 cells and finally begin the test. For the test you must use the Tamiya Speed Checker.

Please, send your videos to record100m@gmail.com
      The competition finishes 6/Jan/2005

French

L’initiative r?sulte d’un vid?o pr?sent? par un membre du forum http://www.minizeta.com (Pertegaz) vid?o dans lequel on pouvait voir son mini-z ? 99km/h sur un speed checker, le doute a surgi alors sur le fait d’?tre v?ritable au forum fran?ais Mini_Rc.org

De ce moment l? est n? l’id?e de cr?er le “1er Challenge InterForums”, ce serait une comp?tition en ligne pour voir celui qui bat le record du monde d’acc?l?ration avec un Mini – z dans un essai 0-100 m?tres mesur?s avec un Speed Checker. Ce n’est pas un concours donc il n’y a aucun prix, le prix est la fiert? de gagner la preuve dans le monde entier.

Les r?gles sont simples:

El?ctronique Mini-Z
      Fets
      4 accus 1,2 v
      Pignon et couronne du diff?rentiel libres
      Diam?tre de roue libre
      Moteur type 130

Afin que le vid?o ait la validit?, doit appara?tre dans le m?me comment on choisi la distance de 0-100 m?tres, alors montrer la voiture de pr?s pour v?rifier qu’elle a 4 batteries et finalement commencer ? faire l’essai. Pour l’essai c’est n?cessaire d?utiliser le Speed Checker de Tamiya.
      SVP, envoyer videos a record100m@gmail.com

Edited by – karrerax on 02 December 2004 08:30:19

bithed
      Participant

…sounds like fun…I have seen this post on other forums but I am PRETTY sure that AUSMICRO will have the pleasure of taking this one…Whaddya reckon boys? If anyhing comes of this I will do up a commerative tshirt making fun of the rest of the world…Would someone go and get Ph2T out of bed please 😀

Admin
      Participant
      bithed
      Participant

…karrerax…Australia mate…AUSTRALIA!!!

…which is goood actually cos if it was NZ it would be miniznz.com…which would sound REALLY silly 🙂

bithed
      Participant

http://www.PanicToys.com is ALL over this…There may be no OFFCIAL rize offered but PanicToys will present the ‘winner’ with one of our caps for their trouble and to keep the flashbulbs of fame out of their eyes…The cap will be expandable for the winners ever growing head 🙂

PANICHAT.jpg

…IF their is NO clear winner and there is bickering as to who did what then this offer is void…IF this plan doesnt go ahead then this offer is void…If theworld falls apart and we all fall off the wagon then this offer is void…Let the madness begin !!!

Priest
      Participant

well this should be interesting indeed…… pity my Z only does 0-20 in 4 days so i dont think i will be entering 😀

demonajy
      Participant

Go Ph2T Go!!
      The whole of Ausmicro is counting on you.
      No pressure or nothing:smiley2:

dgs73
      Participant

so turbos and stuff can be added too, eh? And I was going to have a go at it too… Bit; you mean “fullback” or adjustable? (the hat, that is.):D:smiley2:

bithed
      Participant

…dunno dave…never looked…it migh be zippable..lol…or just stuck there with gum…its probably adjustable…means you can flow your ponytail out the back mate 😉

z-beam
      Participant

850mah nimh batts are a definate goer on this one… go nelly!

betty.k
      Participant

actually i think 750’s are the best. you tend to sacrifice punch for endurance with batteries. i would recomend using 750mah japanese made nimh’s:8ball:

ph2t
      Participant

Waiting on some AAA 650mA KAN cells, they’re meant to be the shizzle, apparantly capable of a 10C output, that’s over 6A!!!

Notice carbo6cell was using KAN cells on his 6 cell beast.

I’m thinking a nelly 1.3, plasma/atomic motor, 16t M18 composite pinion, stock kyosho diff…dunno about the motor mount yet, possibly my old pnracing one, it had the smoothest gear mesh out there.

hmm, where can you get smaller spur gear sizes for the diff?

so far the fattest tyres I’ve seen are the kyoshos. the 3Racing foams I had were also pretty chunky.

stock rims, don’t see how wide rims would help on the speed checker…

that’s all I can think of…..

ph2t.

bithed
      Participant

the new 900 sanyos are nice..

kevsta
      Participant

Would the silver plated wire help if it’s between motor and nelly as well as soldered between the two battery holders of the chassis ?

http://www.egrracing.com/mart/product_info.php?cPath=21_61&products_id=311

betty.k
      Participant

every little bit would help!:8ball:

leonli17
      Participant

everything that make the effeciency of drive train and motor better is important, as well as the less powerloss throught the wires and the connections.

ph2t
      Participant

yeah, you would want good, low loss, silicon wire on all power lines….

z-beam
      Participant

i got some 850mah NiMH aaa’s yesterday and i noticed they arnt that punchy… i was expecting them to rip but the really are a lot less powerful than the 750’s i got from supercheap auto… for supercheap compared to the 850’s.

z-beam
      Participant

could gold plated connections on the motor tabs lessen resistance, my mate leo has gold plated contacts in his turntable crossfader and he swears by it…

betty.k
      Participant

gold plated stuff will last longer. it won’t tarnish, if you look at some 20 year old plugs/sockets you’ll notice that gold plated ones are still like new and other metals are either rusty or covered in a white powder. this is due to oxidisation.
      copper and silver have less resistance than gold so other than the bling factor gold won’t help you out much in this situation.:8ball:

z-beam
      Participant

bling! thats it… i wouldnt mind some bling on my car!

does bling add any torque to the motor?:smiley2:

your saying silver is better…. well then silver plated moter terminals, would that help at all?

betty.k
      Participant

in this situation i’d solder every connection. the solder will be the weak point imo. you can get solder with silver in it but it usually requires a high temperature to melt it. this really isn’t my area though:8ball:

Viewing 21 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.