0-100cm car acceleration test

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      leonli17
      Participant

Well, I tested my dual battery Bit Char-A clone. And it broke my own record. It done 100cm in 0.5 sec.

I just wish to see people post their results under this topic. Specially for people who has FET modded cars.

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

Why dont you try 6.25 metres??? That is the scale 1/4 mile.

DaveF
      Participant

That’d provide more accurate times for people to compare to also. starting and stopping a timer in under a second leaves a lot of room for huan error and errors in reflexes.

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

True dave, i run the 1/4 mile about 3-5 times then take an average.

DaveF
      Participant

Sounds like a good plan.

perriscope
      Participant

How did you manage to time it and get a result of .5 secs?? obviously not a hand held stop watch?? major human error involved!!

leonli17
      Participant

i measured up 1M distance. Then i setup two sensors at each end. i put the car at one end which push against the sensor which will start a stop watch once the car left the sensor. when the car hit the other sensor at the other end. the stop watch stops. i run the test 10 times and the average will be the result.

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

Ok, i was gonna say, the human reflex is about .25 seconds, so thats 1/2 second for the timing.

perriscope
      Participant

measuring .5sec on a .25 sec tolerance is the same as saying that an oylmpic swimming pool is 50M long + or – 12.5M.

Not very accuract I’m glad to see some sensors where used to state such a small time scale.

leonli17
      Participant

Ok. I run my car 6.25M a few times. And the average is 2.76sec. i want to see more people post their results here.

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.