0-100cm car speed test

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      leonli17
      Participant

I got bored one day and I took out a 1meter ruler and my BCG.
      I use stop watch and start measure how long it’ll take my bcg to finish a 1M cource. And it done it in 1.06 seconds. I used a 2.6motor and standard gears. I think it’s pretty slow because basicly i haven’t done any mods to this bcg except antenna on the car and the capcitor. The average speed of my car is 95cm/s.
      I just want people to test their bcgs and post results in this topic. And would like to see super fast bcg’s record.

Let’s do 1/4 Mile under 8 Seconds!!!

SurfmyStrat
      Participant

my car would probably spin out before it gets past that far. Man i need some new tires. I havent tested mine but im sure i would do just about as much as you, or a bit slower, i dont know. I will go and see.

49 MHz Honda S2000
      2 Clone Mazda RX7’s
      Lots of spare stuff…

ph2t
      Participant

Is this metre measured from a moving start? Or is it from stop to go? The times will vary wildly given the differnces in the two.

It would be good to do this measurement along with what gear ratios you’re using. If this would be done for all stock bits / motors we could compile it into a table and for once have a good quick and accurate way to rate clone motors! 🙂

ph2t.

SurfmyStrat
      Participant

sounds like a good idea ph2t, i think we should do a standing still start, that would make it more accurate because of some cars cant go as straight as others and so on…

49 MHz Honda S2000
      2 Clone Mazda RX7’s
      Lots of spare stuff…

8ch Ess Vee
      Participant

It would be good to be able to time it more acurately.

There was a link somewhere that was for a realy simple circuit that could be hooked up to a PC via the parallel port and used some basic DOS software to do timing measurement.

It used a couple of photo transistors and a Laser pointer for the beam, broken by the car.

I think it was originally designed for slot cars.

I’ll have a browse and see if I can find it again, because it would be ideal for doing what you guys are talkin about.

Actually, I might even make one for myself!!

8ch Ess Vee
      Micro Super Charger, Black WRX 27mHz

z-beam
      Participant

not only does running start affect time the surface your racing on will have an affect also… does any body else own some digi-scales that are sensitive to a tenth of a gram?

shells can vary by up to a gram streight out of the box, so keep this in mind too.:smiley2:

Impreza
      Participant

Great idea guys. Anyone else have a lap counter (or 2:). The counters could be set up at the metre and there is a count down type function on it that tells you when to go. All you have to do is drive. This would be a great application for it:).

I would suggest a stationary start, that way it is standard, don’t have to worry about run up distance and speed. You will also have to look at tyres a bit closer too.

Count me in. I would also suggest posting as much info on the car set-up as possible, to keep things honest:smiley2:

Sorry one more thing, I would suggest posting your surface as well, ie tile, wood, painted, carpet. If anyone wants to get picky, they can submit pics of car and surface as well.

Impreza :smiley16:

micro_Amps
      Participant

I have a twin cell bit that can out run my running treadmill at 20Km/h.:shock::D Yes 20…just before it burnt out its 3.8..:sad: And it doesnt flip over when you put it into corners. Hard to tell why its my favourite.:)
      As far as timing goes, the Bit Racer lap timers are EXCELLENT for drag times, best lap times, and timed races. An absolute must for anyone who wants to do accurate timing of BGC speeds. Or speeds of any R/C car or even slot cars for that matter.
      :)uA

leonli17
      Participant

My test is on standing still start; on wooden table surface; a S2000 shell, orange gears, and a 2.6 motor, and an antenna that is twice as long as the stock antenna on the car. And the lap timers r good idea. My timer is: i put a barrier at the finish of the 1M cource, when the car hits the barrier the clock stops.

leonli17
      Participant

I just bought a Dual-Battery from Pcain and I test it straight away. It done 1M in 0.94sec!!!
      With a 1.0 motor and orange gears and a RX7 shell!!!!!!!!!
      The average speed is 106cm/sec.

And I test the maximum slope climbing as well.
      With a 1.0 motor and 12:1 gears(blue) without shell. It can climb a 50 degrees slope.

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.