1.6 motors no good!

Viewing 18 reply threads
  • Author
      Trueno
      Participant

Hi Guys,

Got a couple of 1.6’s for me and my wife. After about 4-5 cycles they both started slowing down. We put in a 2.2 and the car was fine. I’d recommend steering clear of these and sticking to the 2.2. Has anyone else had this happen to theirs?

z-beam
      Participant

trueno yor girlfriend likes bits 2?!!! since modding my skyline she wants a pink s2K and now considers getting a bodykit on her holdenvectra

z-beam
      Participant

havn’t had any probs with the 1.0 if you want to go slow then try these. alternatly whack a 2.6 in her bit when she is not looking get her to think its a 2.2 and then tell her if she wants to go slow to use “the yellow one”.

the kit racer axles will slow down a 2.2 quite a lot as well

Admin
      Participant

No problems with my 1.6.

Of all the motors, I’m sold on the 2.2 actually, unless I’m tabletop racing in which case the 1.0 is the best IMO.

Still trying to see if I can sort the 3.0 out

Trueno
      Participant

Unfortunately our 1.6’s suck but the 2.6’s are already on order. I gave her one of my spare 2.2’s which works a treat.She loves my GTR with 3.0 and hard tyres as she can do burnouts in it. Once the 2.6’s arrive her little DB will be cranking! I do agree that the 2.2’s are one of the best. I’m looking forward to trying the 2.6’s with different gears (I’ve got a limited GTR with the tall gearing at the moment). One last thing, why does it seem the booster cars go faster with “only” a 2.2? Both my boosters will lift the front wheels when fully charged.

Admin
      Participant

How do your boosters pop up a wheelie?? Which motors/batts do you use and when do you press a boost button?

Is it completely stock?

Admin
      Participant

I’ve found that with hard tyres on the back and the 2.6 on board, my Booster Skyline 2000GT-R will break traction, occasionally drifting, but mostly donutting 😀

GT-ahh
      Participant

put try putting the hard tyres on the front, you get heaps of understeer but when the backsteps out, you drift like a pro.

Trueno
      Participant

With both my GTR and Modellista boosters, if I go full speed backwards then swap to forwards the front wheels lift right off the ground. If I take the cover off the front lifts so high that the back touches the ground. That’s using the 2.2 motor and orange gears (stock). My Char-G GTR with the same configuration doesn’t!

z-beam
      Participant

trueno, what freq. is the auto modelista booster?

PandaBear
      Participant
      Quote:
      Originally posted by Trueno on 27October2002

why does it seem the booster cars go faster with “only” a 2.2?

CONFIRMED!! :smiley3:Big mystery!!

Ya, my G24 Booster 350Z also outdragged everything we had; all the other cars were also running on 2.2s on both 27 & 40, always charged with fresh AAs. Tried all 3 gear ratios too (vs orange in 350Z), didn’t help. Tried a orange 2.6 motor too – not much better, Zed still creamed. Age of cars didn’t matter either… we had everything from brandnew (1hr old, about 10 charges), used-n-rebuilt (new cell & motor) and well-used (6 wks old).

Zed’s motor is a standard yellow 2.2 with std orange gears.

Trueno
      Participant

Auto Modellista set is 27MHz

It’s strange but the booster cars just seem to go sooooooooo well. I love the cars which come with the Auto Modellista set but I don’t like the controller as you needhold down the booster button to go full speed. With the multi controller you can flick a switch and the car goes full speed constantly.

Admin
      Participant

Cool i WANT the Auto Modellista SET

Admin
      Participant

GODDAM I WANT A 350Z, people stop torturing me about how awesome they are

PandaBear
      Participant
      Quote:
      Originally posted by Trueno on 30October2002

It’s strange but the booster cars just seem to go sooooooooo well. I love the cars which come with the Auto Modellista set but I don’t like the controller as you needhold down the booster button to go full speed. With the multi controller you can flick a switch and the car goes full speed constantly.

Nothing a piece of gaffatape can’t help, AE…!!

Of course if you didn’t mind hacking up the TX, then a more-permanent solution can be easily found. There’s lots of room to put a little toggle switch that will make it stuck on ‘boost’.

350Z is great!! (heh heh heh)

Admin
      Participant

i have modellista set also but havea problem, when i dont press the boost buttom my 2.2 runs a fast as a 1.0, but when i hold the boost button it goes up to normal 2.2 speed, i also have subaru 45 mhz, non boost, and for my modellista 27mhz to keep up i have to hold the boost, is there a reason it does this, does anyone else have this problem?

z-beam
      Participant

you arnt serious are you? um its a booster that might be a problem to you but thats the way it is supposed to work. press the button and boost.

Admin
      Participant

lol what a moron

Admin
      Participant

i have a 1.6 and have had it fro about a month now and it hasnt slowed at all but i dont c the “outrageous” torque factor

Viewing 18 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.