$110 to ship a zzse from canada?????

Viewing 28 reply threads
  • Author
      betty.k
      Participant

sovxx.gif

i just won 2 se””s on the bay for $12, a bargain! then i get the invoice. this guy expects me to believe it costs $110 (us!) each to ship them over here.

i did a little research at canada post. the most it would cost to ship 1.5kg (like 3 zzse””s) is $80can for the super speedy courier service. regular airmail should cost $20 – 40can for the lot.evil.gif

he either thinks he””s sending me a real car or they got some wild drugs in canada!!8ball.gif

Edited by – Aaron on 17 May 2005 16:01:33

demonajy
      Participant

Of course it wouldnt cost that much to send, either he just wants the extra $$ or he’s made a typo.

He doesnt state the shipping price in the auction so i guess he’s entitled to charge whatever he wants…it mighta been a good idea to email him about the shipping costs before you bid.

betty.k
      Participant

quote:

Quote:
      Of course it wouldnt cost that much to send, either he just wants the extra $$ or he””s made a typo.

He doesnt state the shipping price in the auction so i guess he””s entitled to charge whatever he wants…it mighta been a good idea to email him about the shipping costs before you bid.

dude, if you were sitting next to me when you typed that i would have slapped you sooo hard!dead.gif

shipping pricesweren’t stated on the auction, it was only after the auction ended that i got the price. this DOES NOT give you the right to charge what ever the hellyou want!!!!!!

i got mail from him:

‘I have chosen to ship your zip zaps seperately as sending

them together is actually more expensive. Shipping to

austrailia is very expensive, and it is reflected in the

shipping and handling.’

so he thinks he’s doing me a favour asking for $220us to ship 2 toy cars over here.angry.gif

ebay don’t take kindly to ebayers charging stupid shipping, so once they get my email sorted he might have a different point of viewxp1700.gif8ball.gif

bithed
      Participant

….hahahaha….your seller is an idiot…lol…this might be quite fun to watch…Keep us posted….

dgs73
      Participant

got some weird issues with the redraw on this page… anyway… 110usd? Damn!! That cant be right… shock.gif

merc-blue
      Participant

yeah me to dave.. back to topic maybe he is just a idiot.. u could get themnext day for the EASY

betty.k
      Participant

well i wrote him a very restrained email calling him out. this is the idiot’s reply:

‘Betty,

I have measured each zip zaps dimensions, and the estimate

canada post gave me was 91.17 per zip zap. Add in

handling, and its not that unreasonable. If you like, I

can ship them via a slower service, which will drop

shipping to $95US per zip zap’

i don’t know where to begin!!! using a slower service actually costs $4 more??? or the fact that he thinks $36 is fair for packing and handling for what amounts to a shoe box weighing less than a kilo???sovxx.gif8ball.gif

kevsta
      Participant

$220 USD shipping is ridiculous.

It’s f0cking pricks like that on ebay that sell something with no reserve, and when they don’t get what they are expecting, they add on ‘the extra handling charges’ at the end to try and recuperate their costs…

Let us know how it goes… worst case scenario is negative feedback on Ebay..

betty.k
      Participant

i’m thinking i’ll just pay for the cars and tell him to shove them right up his aaaaahahahahahahaha!!!!evil.gif8ball.gif

bithed
      Participant

…i know what it is …he is translating everything to hong kong dollars…lol…

…Here is an idea…send HIM two zipzaps FIRST…and then tell him to send you the box back 😀 Nice Idea BitHed ;D

micro_Amps
      Participant

I’ve received SEs from Canada for mods in the past, postage was about $5 each for standard air mail(Canadian $ is very close to ours right now) dont play his game, report him to ebay and tell him to stick it. Ebay gives you 3 non-payer ‘strikes’ before it effects your account, may as well use them in twits like this.

(So whats going on with the page layout on this thread anyway???)

betty.k
      Participant

check the latest offer!big.gif

Dear bettyk0.Thank you for your purchases. The total for your items below is US $161.49.

Pay Now
      <.script type="text/java script">
      Click Pay Now to confirm postage, get total price, and arrange payment through: PayPal.

Item # Item Title Qty. Price
      5974485930 Silver Ford Mustang GT Concept-Retired! 1 US $0.99
      5974485316 <.script type="text/java script">
      Blue Audi TT-Retired!
      1 US $10.50

Subtotal: US $11.49
      Postage and handling via Other Int’l Postage (see description):

US $150.00
      Total: US $161.49

<.script type="text/java script">

I found a cheaper way to ship the items. Shipping is now $150US for both items together instead of $110 each. I thought you might like this! 😉

Please email me at ashhabib@rogers.blackberry.net if you have any questions.

I offer the following postage options:

Other Int’l Postage (see description): US $150.00

Thank you again for your purchases.
      habib8276

what a nice guy, huh??angry.gif8ball.gif

TallduDe
      Participant

man ive had issues with canadian packages b4 being like reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaal late getting to me but nothing this expensive!!

the guy must be thick to ever think stuff cost that much!

kevsta
      Participant

He probably thinks your female…!?

micro_Amps
      Participant

I emailed him about one of his other auctions and asked the postage price, sure enough he said $95 was the best he could do. This guy has no idea. I get the feeling he is quoting UPS or Fedex or some other kind of international courier, or if he is using a net based postage calculator he has got his weight ordimensions massively wrong.

Maybe you could go to a Canadian postage calulator site (if there is one?) and show him that it shouldnt be so expensive.

Be careful buying these early ZZ SEs, they are probably the ones that had all the steering problems.

uA

betty.k
      Participant

i went to canada post and did an estimate to ship 4 se’s, the most it would cost was about $80can for the lot using international couriers. for 2 se’s via regular airmail it was around $30 – 40can. perhaps i should ask him which canada he’s in. maybe he’s in canadian territory in antarctica!!big.gif

my intentions for these se’s was to junk one as spares and iwaver the other so it wasn’t important to get the latest ones with the improved electrics.

the most this a hole is getting from me is $2 to cover the listing fee which is more than this female dog person deserves!!! but i’m just a big ol’ softy!xp1700.gif8ball.gif

micro_Amps
      Participant

Thats $1.99 more than I’d cough up if it was me,

Todays word for the day is PHILANTHROPIST, brought to you by BettyK, besides, Antarctica is closer than Canada anyway, so presumably postage would cost less but might take longer.

(When I said earlier it was about $5 to receive them, that was for chassis only, in a padded envelope, and return post was about the same.)

betty.k
      Participant

so today he goes:

‘Dear bettyk0,

Just wondering what day this week you were planning to make payment on so I can plan my shipping dates accordingly. Please get back to me ASAP.

Thank you,

habib8276′

so i get back to him asap with:

‘i apologise for my delayed response.

over the past week i have discussed this matter with no less than 10

canadian residents and we are all unanimous in our beleif that your

shipping charges are the most outrageously expensive we’ve ever come

across. we also beleive that your exorbitant rates are detrimental to

ebay’s good name and as a result i have reported this matter to the

ebay administration.

i am hereby informing you that i will not be carrying out my duties as

a buyer in these 2 auctions. i understand the consequences and am

prepared to take responsibility for my actions.

i am however prepared to reimburse you for the cost of the auction

listings. if you send me your paypal address i will send you the sum

of $4USD which will be more than enough to pay for the 2 listings and

the paypal fees.

i’m sorry this matter could not be resolved amicably.

when you list these items again, please listen to my advice. either

list them as canada only or list the international shipping in the

auction.

betty.k8ball.gif

TallduDe
      Participant

very dipolmatic dude.

still i wouldnt waste 4 bucks on him!!!

if he sends u 2 negative feedbacks will u be kicked of the bay? or was 3 negative feedbacks?

betty.k
      Participant

it’s not negative feedbacks, it’s non paying strikes that are a problem.8ball.gif

icebreaka
      Participant

AHhahaa nice words there.. although missing a lot of Capital letters..

hope everything works out..

[/quote]

betty.k
      Participant

we’ve had a breakthrough!!

‘Dear Betty,

Thank you for taking the time to contact me in a civil

way. I want to let you know that I accidently misquoted

the currency in which the items were to be shipped. For

the cheap shipping method, it was to be $55CAD for both

zip zaps. If you feel that you still don’t want to finish

purchasing the items, you can send a payment of $4US to

ashhabib@gmail.com via paypal.

PS-I will not report this to ebay as you contacted me in a

very civil way, and negativity gets us nowhere,

Thanks,

Ash’

clap.gif

i guess he realised he was dealing with an adult!

it’s lucky i decided to cool off for a couple of days andbe polite about itbig.gif8ball.gif

kevsta
      Participant

That’s great news.. but after such a dilema, do you still want to send him money ? And will he post your items straight away or sit on it for 30 days or more or even claim to have sent it but didn’t..

Personally, I wouldn’t have any more dealings with such a character.

bithed
      Participant

…I once had a non-payer in Monaco of all places and we worked it out civially…The world’s not FULL of wankers..lol…

betty.k
      Participant

i’m not buying them, i’m totally over the zzse idea now! i’ve already got one anyway.

instead i’ve ordered a dg mastaaaaaaaaaaa from good ol reliable toyeast!big.gif8ball.gif

Impreza
      Participant

Betty,just read the post, glad to see you didn’t proceed with the transaction. Let me know where he lives in Canada, and I will knock on his door for you;)

ph2t
      Participant

good to see you’re still around Prez, where you been hiding? lol….

Impreza
      Participant

At work:( Getting ready for a cross country move in the new year as well. Will be quite for a while longer. Once I settle into my new position at work, I will be back posting again:)

I am still keeping up with the hobby, just picked up one of these today:)

http://www1.toysrus.com/superslicks/ssfl_carBrands_detail.cfm?carmodel=monster

Will have to give it a whirl by new years.

peteWah
      Participant

That was a good read :smiley2:

Viewing 28 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.