1/18th Drifting RS4 Micro vs. M18

Home Forums 1/8, 1/10, 1/12, 1/18 – Discussion 1/18th Drifting RS4 Micro vs. M18

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Admin
      Participant

i’m new to 1/18th scale rc cars, been more of a 1/10 man. I’ve been drifting my 1/10 and was thinking about turning a 1/18th into a drifter, and i’ve read that the RS4 micro is more suitable for drifting. What makes it more suitable for drifting than the M18? Any help/info would be great! I’ve been calculating the costs of a new 1/18 car parts/upgrades and before i make that final step i’d just like to make sure i’m going with the right one.

• This topic was modified 9 years, 3 months ago by Avatar photoAaron.
      merc-blue
      Participant

doesnt matter just wrap the tyres with 3 layers of eletrical tape and your set.

leonli17
      Participant

1/18s are way tough than 1/10 if u r a rough drifter. u don’t have to worry about suspension arm/tower breaking anymore compare to 1/10. infact i never broke anything when i drift my mrs4 and staked into wall.
      i do have 2 MRS4 for sale if u want one for drifting or racing. PM me if u interested.

rcs2die4
      Participant

I have a highly modified M18 if you interested in it !!! I have only used it a few times !!!! There’s a post about it in this section, just look for a post started by me about my M18 !!! Just PM us if interested…. I much prefer the M18 but of cause it’s always a personal taste thing. I admit, I have not used either of them for drifting only racing on an indoor track !!

Admin
      Participant

i guess it depends what the prices are, i’m looking to build this baby from scratch. I get to know the car better and understand how it works. but at the same rate… all my upgrades/electronics and kit will cost me about 500 to 600… i’ll see.

leonli17
      Participant

If u really want it just for fun drifting or some occasional sprint on the track, u won’t need much hop-ups. SOme steel/alloy cups and dogbones, ball diffs/one-way will be enough. no need to spend on the bling alloy parts which not just weights the car down but also heavy on the wallet.
      My MRS4 will be around 200-300 MAX rtr depends which car. as i said, if u interested PM me.
      PS. 1/18 is much less complex than 1/10 it’ll be eash to understand. and god wayyyy less screws!!! LOL

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.