16t pinion install

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Had to gut a bit more plastic this time, but it works, not as loud as it was with the previous 14t alloy pinion I had in there.

the pinion came from this set at rcfart

XRAY (#385701) Composite Pinion Set (13, 14, 15, 16),(385701)

Still popping wheelies from a stop too :p.

edit: I m now practising “safe shocks”, with my new rubbers, haha…..

ph2t.

Edited by – ph2t on 27 September 2004 11:34:36

Participant

lol cant wait to see this beast in action

Participant

yeah, vid when possible dude… what’s the covers over your shocks do for you:question:

Participant

they do in on all the top offroads EG Tmaxx, TNX, revo, savages dunno wat it does thought i think it just protects them

Participant
      Quote:
      yeah, vid when possible dude… what’s the covers over your shocks do for you:question:

The same as a cover on your red rocket, protection, stops unwanted things happening:D:D

Participant
      Quote:
      they do in on all the top offroads EG Tmaxx, TNX, revo, savages dunno wat it does thought i think it just protects them

The revo has ‘boots’ on its driveshafts/cvd’s everything, thats one hell of a truck….its on my wanted list :approve:

Participant
      Quote:

the rubbers keep the dirt out, I go over all sorts of terrain with this.

I just used one of those disposible latex gloves, cut at few small rectangles out and fed the top into the thread of the top cap on the oil shock. I actually helps seal the oil better too, which is a funny sorta side outcome. I haven’t secured the bottom though, it’s running loose at the moment. I’m still testing for the best handling setup. I only figured out recently that you can change the springs on the oil shocks (doh! :dead:), so I’ve got some on order, :). I’m sick of using 4 spacers in each shock to stiffen it appropriately, blah!

ph2t.

Edited by – ph2t on 27 September 2004 17:17:10

Participant

I think dave should send his MF to you ph2t

Participant

lol, that’s the last thing he wants to do….

just checked it on the tammy speed checker, clocked in at 47kph/29mph!..

betty, the motor issues are gone now man! I wound a 28 turn @ .4mm on a plasma dash armature, plasma magnets, bb can and modified carbon brushes. it’s land speed is now faster than when you last saw it in it’s prime dude.

cheers,

ph2t.

Participant

faster again? oh god, look out!!:shock::8ball:

Participant

Thats quick mate:p:approve: How quick did you ever have your 01 running:smiley2:

Participant
      Quote:

betty, the motor issues are gone now man! I wound a 28 turn @ .4mm on a plasma dash armature, plasma magnets, bb can and modified carbon brushes. it’s land speed is now faster than when you last saw it in it’s prime dude.

cheers,

ph2t.

ph2t, how come you never did any mods similar to these to your MR-01 when ya had it?

Participant
      Quote:
      Quote:

cheers,

ph2t.

ph2t, how come you never did any mods similar to these to your MR-01 when ya had it?

Uhh…guys?

Participant

probably because it kept breaking before any decent mods had a chance to take hold. the 01 is just not up to melbourne conditions!:8ball:

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.