…18T is in DA HOUSE!!

Home Forums 1/8, 1/10, 1/12, 1/18 – Discussion …18T is in DA HOUSE!!

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
      bithed
      Participant

DSC05468.jpg

DSC05482.jpg

DSC05481.jpg

DSC05474.jpg

…it arrived last night…perfect timing as i intercepted the postie at the door before Mrs. BitHed got there 😉 Not busted yet 🙂

…first things first…I chopped a little here and trimmed there…I never liked the cheesy checkered flag graphics so they are gone…Ausmicro ed it sraight away…I am MUCH happier now…

…used the supplied charger and stock battery and the light went off after about 3 hours so that was a bonus…

…I misjudged the size…I knew it was bigger than 1:24 and smaller than 1:10 but its MUCH bigger than i expected…BIG foorprint compared to what i was used to with even the Mini Z Monster…

…EX5 propo works great with no hiccups…The stock controller is still strapped into the box…

…Still need to get it out in the wide open spaces and let it breathe but this puppy ROX from the BOX baby !!

Edited by – bithed on 08 December 2004 11:33:31

• This topic was modified 9 years, 3 months ago by Avatar photoAaron.
      bithed
      Participant

DSC05471.jpg

…Better shot of the front so you can see the sticker vandalism…They be all gone and the nose has lost that droopy hungover look…

Edited by – bithed on 08 December 2004 11:34:01

dgs73
      Participant

nice stickers dood…:smiley2::approve: Yeah i was suprised after i opened my T box… they dwarf Zs… very nice mate. Why no pics with the shell off? Let me know how she goes… this one’ll be my birthday pressie to myself… just two months to go…:)

kevsta
      Participant

Excellent.

I can’t wait till my one comes.

How does it mesh up out of the box ? Nice and silent or rough and noisy ?

:smiley16:

TallduDe
      Participant

nice work man

dont forget to tell us how it runs on the ruff stuff!

bithed
      Participant

…I had it out for a run last night…Just up and down the blackas i take it a little bit easy for different reasons…

…The motor still needs to run in…I am being nice to it as i learn the ropes of the scale and get used to the run and the style that it runs…VERY different to mini z OF COURSE but i have nothing to compare it to…

…The first night was just a quick putt-putt around the living room ad itwas impressive…little did i know its potential…

…last night up and down the street…badly laid CHUNKY asphalt with cracks and dimples all over it…it was kinda dark so i was out under a street light at an L bend with a slight slope up to my house…

…The 18T floats…I swear it does…being used to the mini z monster hopping and bobbing over ANYTHING i was suitably impressed with the 18T just sucking stuff up…ZERO sideways roll through some WICKED tight corners at TOP SPEED…I was TRYING to traction roll and only succeeded going right at almost 90 degrees around an off-camber berm; ie the right side of the car was higher…

…The stock pin whels are sexy on carpet in the house and you can see the traction as the car launches…outside on the chunky asphalt i could feel that i was losing SOME power due to bad grip…The pins are good but radial would be better…I have some MINI T street meats on yellow rims coming and the should make power transfer a non-issue…just remember to get FOUR REAR mini t rims…

…Remember that i only charged my battery 3-4 hours after it arrived…andlast night i got a 20 minute run out of it for sure…I was losing some punch but once she got on the straight and unwrapped her legs she was good…i have a GP 6cell 1100mah with DEANS ultras on it waiting to be used but i am staying with the stock until we are better friends…PLUS i still need to revert the charger to DEANS…Another REAL charger will hopefully be purchased soon…

…There have been some issues internationaly with the spring retainer on the shocks coming off and getting lost…Also people have been losing their stock plastic dog bones due to the slits on the drive cups opening up and letting them fall out…I ESAILY fixed BOTH these issues with TAMIYA Thread Lock…A tube of blue jelly like loctite tht doesnt dry hard and stays elastic…sweet as now 🙂

bithed
      Participant

…I put an orange racing strip up the body and she really needs some lights for these late night missions…

…I undid the zipties which hold all its wiring in one place so i know understand how all that is put together…tell ya what lots to learn eh 🙂 DEANS ultra plugs and PHAT wires are planned all around…

…I wanted to open the diffs and redo them with my favourite TAMIYA titty-minium grease but i put that in the too hard basket for now…for me to do it will need concentration so i dont muck it up and some bad weather so i am FORCED to ground the truck…maybe tonight but i would prefer to open it up once something breaks…instead i just tittied the pinion and spur gear and then smiled like an idiot as i gunned the throttle and watchedall the grease fly off into my face…lol…titty grease actually doesnt taste that bad :dead:

…as to noise…it has a pleasant whine…its the noise of a smooth pinion hitting a willing spur in romantic union and the motor getting all excited about cheering them on…Right now everything meshes nicely and is running VERY smooth…I DO want to titty-grease the whole innards though…That would make it even better…

…this truck sucks it all up…traction rolled it and it rolled and tumbled down the street…in true mini z fashion i KNEW i had broken something…but alas she just rolled back over and taunted me to do it to her again…She is a sucker for punishment…I smacked into concrete / brick walls twice and the thing just bounced back and then drove off 😀 SCHWEET!!

…the tires look like they were glued on by a rabid chimp…they are straight ad true but it looks like the guy doing it sneezed when he was putting glue on…stuf was all over the wheels…no problem though…looking forward to the mini t yellows too 🙂

…I should go the BIG park near my place and let her romp the fields and the tree root gardens for her next real test…I want to go down to the offroad motorbike track too but these things take time and daylight…I have no worries she will have a ball 🙂 Cant wait till you guys actually SEE this truck in Australia…you will honestly love it…Believe me when i say BUY THIS TRUCK…BEST money i have spent in a LONG time…Thanks for reading this far…

dgs73
      Participant

if your car has the same setup whel wise as a Mini T you should be right… I say this because you’re adding rear T wheels to all four corners… no space for bearings in there… of course though i’m assuming you know this, and further, propably don’t need them in the wheels at all. Thought this should be known before you do what you’re gonna do

bithed
      Participant

…correct…i dont need bearings in the wheels at all as the drive comes from the CVD’s…A lot of learning has gone on since we last spoke 🙂 I will be doing a bearing upgrade with local components over the winter break 🙂

…The Mini T wheels are a DIRECT fit (good call AE) to the 18T as are ANY of the MiniT series, Trinity and GPm included 🙂 Personally I think the TRINITY chrome wheels look bloody awful but apparently they have a slightly bigger diameter…

…GPM is apparently announcing / releasing 18T parts this week…

bithed
      Participant

thats the difference between 2WD and 4WD drive dave…needs FOUR drive wheels 😀 Just stating the obvious for innocent bystanders :clown:

dgs73
      Participant

I am one of em mate; I am new to this area of the hobby… good, good… wanted to make sure you need bearings through cvd… if in wheels the T wheels would provide grief, unless using 4 fronts… (not possible for awd, I know…) anyway, sorted:D

Edited by – dgs73 on 09 December 2004 15:56:52

FALCON-LORD
      Participant

I have been looking at 1/18th, and the 18T is definately looking like th etop contender.

Once thing that comes to mind, can you put longer shocks on em and up ther eclearance at all? And/Or do they fit the MiniT hopup Alloy shocks made by GPM?

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.