2.6 engines and above

Viewing 17 reply threads
  • Author
      z-beam
      Participant

the 2.6 motors in the KIT racers sets are quality. i bought the rpm,kmph and slalom kits all of which supplied good parts

Admin
      Participant

My 3.0 is awesome, almost the same amount of torque as the 2.2 but with lots more power…..but it doesnt reverse too well.

Admin
      Participant

My 3.0 won’t go forwards without running it in reverse first. It’s junk.

Admin
      Participant

Thats the exact same thing as mine…in my honda s2k it did that but in my skyline, it goes forward, but you have to tap forward then reverse to go backwards.

Admin
      Participant

Yeah – similar problem with my 3.0 and it has a habit of popping out of the heatsink. That and rolling the car onto it’s roof as sson as you try to corner. I think I prefer the 2.2 and 2.6 motors

Admin
      Participant

yeah i have a 2.6 and 2 3.0’s, and i havent had any problems with any of them, thank god, but i have heard that the 3.0 motors are riddled with problems

Admin
      Participant

My 3.0 powers a KIT racer at ultra fast speeds, but in my bit it turns the wheels fine until i put it on the ground, when it just can’t get the car to go at more than a crawl.

Admin
      Participant

my 3.5 only works 4/5 times

Admin
      Participant

I’ve just retired my 3.0 motor, it started to stuff up more and more.

The 2.6 is great – no issues at all, and it tends to be a bit more forgiving when cornering.

I’ve yet to try the 1.6 – I’ll be interested to see where it fits in the scheme of things

Admin
      Participant

Im geting 3.8’s but if the higher rpm they go the more probs they have…im a bit stuffed.

Admin
      Participant

Im geting 3.8’s but if the higher rpm they go the more probs they have…im a bit stuffed.

Admin
      Participant

My 2.6 is fine, but now the 3.5 has packed up and left:smiley7:

Admin
      Participant

WOW!You can realy do alot with these cars!Ive only had mine 2 days and it has a 3.0 motor but i was wondering what size nimh or nicad to put in my g-04 skyline gtr r34 to give it my first mod!And also could i possibly have the model number or sum sort of an idea so i know what im looking for!!??

Admin
      Participant

that must be so annoying when an expensive motor gives up the ghost

now im worried about the 3.8’s

Admin
      Participant

oh it is, im getting a new oe though so its all good, just gota get around to emailing the guy

Admin
      Participant

yeah how long did it take to pack it in?

z-beam
      Participant

shypo are you using a turbo bit? (dual cell mod)

Admin
      Participant

sorry i left this question un answered for so long, no i dont have a dual batt, its just a normal 3.5 motor, i have the new one, goes absoultely awseome, no probs at all so far

Viewing 17 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.