2 battary mod problem

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author
      Admin
      Participant

I did a 2 batt mod to my bit char g last night, i check the batt votage using a voltmeter and the voltage is 2.4 something (by checking the + and – port under the car,
      so the mod was success, But it seems that the car can never be fully charged, the car run like hell on the charger but run like turtle after detached. what s happening???
      please help!!!!!

VR-4
      Participant

did you do the controler mod?

Admin
      Participant

I cut the wire connecting the charge panel and the remote control, then directly connect the battery port to the charge panel? is that correct?

or I must use a 3 or 4 battery charger to chare the car???

KingRX7
      Participant

what are you using to charge it?

VR-4
      Participant

i charge mine of my intell peek charger.

try useing a 4 cell pack and let it sit for about 45-60 sec

KingRX7
      Participant

DONT DRIVE IT ON THE CHARGER IF UR USING A 4CELL PACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i burnt up 2 cars doing it

Admin
      Participant

shall I directly connect a 4 battery pack to the + and – port of the charge panel of the remote??

Admin
      Participant

by the way is there a possibility that the 2.4V (I use Charged battery) from the remote is not high enough to chare the 2.4V in the Bit Char g?

KingRX7
      Participant

i just unsoldered the charging dock from the circut board and kept those wires and then soldered the black to black and red to red on the battery pack charger.

VR-4
      Participant

i did the same till i hooked a charge deck upto my rc car charger

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

You all seem to be headin’ in the right direction 🙂 A 4 cell pack connected to the car seems to work best, keep it connected for about 2 minutes and you will have a lovely long runtime :smiley16:

leonli17
      Participant

Conraha—don’t use Rechargeble batteries for a charger. if your controller is only for control not charging then it’s fine. But if u charge the Dual Cell cars they won’t charge because the rechargeble batteries only have 2.4-2.5V when Alkaline batteries has 3V.

Prowler3
      Participant

nice gallery leonli17

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.