2nd time soldering EVER

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      KingRX7
      Participant

the first time i was soldering i tryed to do a led kit for my bit char and exploded the battery that was a year ago and i bought 4 20mah 1.2v nimhs so the other day i decided i was going to hook up the dual cell so last night i started it and after about 5 times having to go back and redo because of finding out the solder didnt stick i finally finished even though i massacured the batterys it was a learning experiance and i finally got it right even though it looks like something that comes out of your ass the end hehe

micro_Amps
      Participant

But does it work???
      And does it go well, or what?
      :)uA

KingRX7
      Participant

well i am waiting to get my stand alone charger but it works on the normal charger and when right after i finished making it, it was outside of the battery and then i put it in a Lxx for testing dont want to mess up my beloved rx7 and when i made the circut it would run on its own like a crazy mofo…wierd so then i put it in my rx7 and when i attach it to the basic charger i can get it to run while on the charger so i think it will work heh 😀

micro_Amps
      Participant

Good stuff.
      :)uA

mutionu
      Participant

For future Reference:
      DONT HEAT THE BATTERY, WHEN SOLDERING BATTERIES TRY TO SOLDER IT AS FAST AS YOU CAN OR YOU WILL COMPLETELY RUIN THE BATTERY.

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

Tips for soldering batteries:

-Use a very high wattage iron with alot of heat, this makes soldering process faster and minimises damage to the cell.

-When solder joint is complete, wait till solder joint is solid again and cool the cell with an ice pack etc.

-Try to do it as fast as possible, if you fail to make a satisfactory joint, cool the cell and try again.

Those tiny batteries are hopless for high current draw, and wont work in a bcg.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.