3.8 and 0.5 motors & modifications

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Admin
      Participant

Just got the new NON-tomy 3.8 and 0.5 motors. These non tomy motors are built to the same spec as the tomy motors, and are identical, but they are easily distinguishable bec the 3.8 is pink on the endand the 0.5 is dark blue. The 3.8 is better than the red 3.0 bec it doesnt require a push start. seems to have more torque. DONT buy theblue motor! Its too damn slow! I got it for parallel parking and stuff, but it is just too slow! maybe mines defective. who knows.

Also, I got my motorola pager vibrator motor working in my bitcharg. it runs betw a 2.2-2.6 motor. The shaft is a lil long so youll have to put your motor gear on backwards in order for the teeth to touch well.

Bitracer axles DO fit on bitchargs if you modify them. just cut away at the spacer on the right side of the axle till it fits. But you need to run the black 7t motor gear with the bitracer axles.

you can replace your front suspension bar with mechanical pen springs. just cut to size, and slide onto the vertical part of the front axle. (requires taking apart the front end)

lastly, does anyone know where I can find customizing accessory parts for the epoch indoor racer micro rc 1/43 scale cars? Just got one in japan for 95$ but cant find any parts anywhere! Pls help! These cars are a blast! fast as hell! They have got the guts of a full size 1/10 th scale RC at only 4 inches! anyway, any help would be appreciated.

deejay40 at aol dot com

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/fly.one/charg/index.htmlgear_ratio.jpg

Admin
      Participant

Ok, I’ll bite. Where did you get these magic motors? You know you can’t throw stuff like that out there without some useful info :smiley2:

Admin
      Participant

Got it from a guy named JO from HK. He sells em for $11 each. Sorry I didnt mention any info on where its from but you buy from him directly and I got his email from a friend. So I didnt want to just post his email up. didnt seem appropriate since its his “personal email” im assuming. Anyway, ill be glad to share it. just email me and ill send it to ya. Met him thru a friend named Mick who runs the stomper website.

http://www.stomper4x4.com/microrc/

thats it. sorry for being so secretive. not intentional.

jay

deejay40 at aol dot com

Admin
      Participant

yah got that URL wrong… http://www.stomper4x4.com/minirc:smiley2:

Yup, I’ve got that one in my Favorites list. That’s the first place I saw pictures of the Combat DigiQs.

I probably won’t be buying any motors, so don’t bother. I just figured others might be interested. Understand about the not wanting to post the address though. I’m sure they wouldn’t mind the business, but they might get flooded with other questions too. Maybe you can ask him if he has a web site you can post.

Admin
      Participant

Hehe! Cool you found his site! Yeah, I was the one who sent him all those pics of the Japanese new toy convention, with the digiq tanks and subs! you know those tanks are 4 channel! The other two channels control the turret direction, and the IR gun. You need 2 tanks to fight with each other (obviously). And the IR shooting is just like “laser tag”. There is a little screen on your control that indicated you have been hit. Whats not clear is if your tank gets disabled or not. The subs are 4 channel too. And the super controllers are available now, but you probably already knew about that one.

Anyway ive incleded a photo on my carrying case (just a tackle box really). But i remembered the motors were in the pic in the little foam pincushion thingy. Not the clearest pic but the the pink one is bottom left, and the dark blue one is top right, above the light blue 1.0 motor.

Anyway, have you seen the keyence palm sized helicopters! they are $500USbut man! just imagine the possibilities! you can fly that thing in your room and land it on your palm! wayyyy cool! email me and ill send you pics or just search the web for keyence.

carrycase.jpg

Admin
      Participant

Let’s see…I knew about the terret control and IR gun. I didn’t know about the screen on the controller…that means that the tank transmits back to the controller. Cool. I heard somewhere that when you get hit, your tank slows some until you get hit enough times to completely disable it. Don’t know how true that is. At first I thought the IR beams would be boring (especially since you can’t really hide from the people controlling the other tanks). But if they slowly disable and have a slow firing capability (“reload time”), it could be fun. I think they are working on a bit version that I heard shoots BBs. Now that could be fun…but then you have to reload.

Yup, seen the helos, but I’d be affraid to try one of those…I’m still not very profficient with the RC cars :smiley2: I saw them on the sigmaautomotive site. I don’t think they have them yet, but I think there are camera kits available for them too.

Cool box full of fun toys. I like the holder for the motors. I have a small tackle box to put parts in and I’m going to make a case for the cars/controllers/parts. Of course, I’ve been saying that for a while. Today I need to mow the lawn and get materials to build a shed…so no Bits tonight :smiley6:

Admin
      Participant

hey what is that yellow s2000 doing? is it going to run a tube chassis? lates b

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.