3.8 motors

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Admin
      Participant

Hi, I have a 3.8 motor and whenever I use it it whines terribly.

Can any9noe tell me why it is whining and if there is a means of stopping this? Is this bad for the motor? I try to only use it with the 12:1 gears because that would be easiest on the motor. Any help would be appreciated…

Admin
      Participant

Where did you get it?

Admin
      Participant

3.8 and 3.0 motors whine because of the very high RPMs. This is normal especially if you are running them without it being engaged to the gearing. When engaged to the gearing, the gears kinda whine too because of the high speed. Heres another example… When a real car revs the engine gets louder the higher the RPM.

Heres an exceprt from a review of the pink OEM 3.8 posted by the author of “Lincolns MicroRC World”.

“This thing is a screamer! You can hear it, you can see it!”

Admin
      Participant

LOL thanks guys, i just thought that i would check it out…. I bought it off you Kyle lol It is great. Thanks for your help

Admin
      Participant

Jazza_1984

If you’re not happy with that motor return it to me and I’ll send you a new one. If there is ever a problem with my motors just let me know andI’ll do what I can to fix it for you.

Kyle

Admin
      Participant

Hehe.. Clem, sounds like hes worried that there might be too “much”speed in your motors! LOL!

jazza_1984… Thats “NEVER A WORRY”! Speed = GOOD!

Hey Clem, do you make 4.5 motors? There is a guy who claims he bought a Motorola 4.5 pager motor of eBay, and hetestifys to the speed. Are these real, can pager motors achieve that high an RPM?i am a bit sceptical.But I would love to sell those on the QFM site… I figured you would know because you manufacture these upgrades yourself.

Admin
      Participant

I’ve noticed those posts about a 4.5 pager motor.It’s notpossiblefor us toachieve those speedsinsuch a small motor but another company may have made some breakthrough in development.Our pager motors don’t fit well in the Bit Char-g cars and theyonly run at 20,000 RPMs. If it does exist, I want one, but I’d have to see it to believe it.

Kyle

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.