3rd gen xmods

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • Author
      chino
      Participant

http://p221.ezboard.com/fxmodrcfrm17.showMessage?topicID=2237.topic

scroll down quite a few pics of radio shacks new xmods. tha chassie has been also changed and now bottom mounted batteries. motor mouted sideways now. setup looks like an R/C tamiya mini 4wd. a fren of mine just orderd one so more info when it comes in.

merc-blue
      Participant

sick might have to get one

chino
      Participant

i want one too. also theres a lift kit for off roading and new truck bodies

betty.k
      Participant

they look pretty exciting! but the ‘lift kit’ doesn’t really apeal to me, it looks as if it just raises the body, still the same xmod underneath with bigger tyres.

but i could be way off, i’m only going by pictures.8ball.gif

pimpsmurf
      Participant

Bigger tires and a body lift would make me happy with the hummer if it is: 4wd capable, the electronics have been upgraded to handle much better motors. It it isn’y engeneered to efficiently handle high current motors, I’m not going to be getting one.

-JNY

To get totally off topic, GAWD the E-Maxx is sexy!xp1700.gif

FALCON-LORD
      Participant

To get totally off topic, GAWD the E-Maxx is sexy!

Yes they are. I had mine out on a beach on the weekend and spent more time airborn than on the ground. They are a compleat beast.

betty.k
      Participant

i think you’re dreaming psmurf if you think the stock lectrics will handle a hot motor. miniz’s need fetmods to run hot stuff so i’m expecting the same from xmods evo. hopefully they will use easily rplaceable fets like old xmods and z’s.

but there will be a 4wd kit for the evo’s which means a 4wd competitor to the overland!tongue.gif8ball.gif

TallduDe
      Participant

see now this shits me why cant kyosho make a 4wd mini z!!!

these lift kits look alright but i wonder if they are just to pimp your xmod and not for climbing like the overlander.

pimpsmurf
      Participant

Yeah, I know it is a pipe dream betty.k, but I was hoping that the stage 3 evo kit would be a faster motor. Would it really be that hard to engineer a finned heatsink on some nice fets?

It would even give them an excuse for an alloy heatsink upgrade and possibly a fan upgrade.

I guess my heads in the clouds…

*EDIT* I do: http://www.atomicmods.com/projects/Evo%20Xmod/Evo_Xmod.htm

It uses the same style FETs it had before. lower CG front underside batteries, and 1 piece electronics. looks like my hunt for AAA li-ion or lipo cells that will fit inside a double AAA holder goes on.

*EDIT* I DONT! :o)

My wishlist for the new xmod was no tight turns needed, and upgraded electronics. I’ve got my wish. It is my belief that there is a metal finned heatsink under the area that says HOT in red on the top of the chassis. AM is probably withholding pictures so they can have the first machined alloy heatsinks on the market. And some evos are going to be on ebay in the next couple days. upgradekits already up. =)

also, he says they use two different types of mosfets and did not blow them until they ran 9 amps through the board. *tada.wav*

I’m hoping that this isn’t AM hype, but I guess we will have to wait and see (some more than others, apparently.)

-JNY

Edited by – pimpsmurf on 25 August 2005 13:32:33

chino
      Participant

ok, few more days nowand it should be comming in. lucky bastard.. im accually jelous. haha i need money so i can get one for my self. first things to get , evo 8 xmod and awd. already hav fet and a motor waiting for it

pimpsmurf
      Participant

The Evo suspension kit isn’t just a lift kit. it is a lift or drop kit. With such alow stock clearance, I am shocked dropping it would be an option. If the lift takes it above 5mm chassis lowest point clearance, then I will be one happy camper. Imagine riding over the smallest rocks and *NOT* doing a 50mph cartwheel…

-JNY

chino
      Participant

its great. wow. really fast out the box. handles great even on slick floors. lift kit does raise tha car by changing suspention arms and legthening the shocks. new suspention is great. man i really gottah get one now. it is like a mini 4wd. jus as fast as a stock mini z and handles slick floors way better. stock tha thing hauls ass cant wait for mod motrs and gears.tha new gears use the small teeth weve grown to love from mini zs and mini 4wds. mrs4 pins fit too.

thas it, im gettin one, or im stealin this one.lol. awd, hard slicks, fets, mod motor. and im good

betty.k
      Participant

well, i’m sold! i’ll be getting one of these before i even consider the awd mini z.

one thing i love is the motor and batts (heavy bits) are positioned the same way as an mr02, and i like that!8ball.gif

chino
      Participant

good lord these things are stable ad they use the 130s way better. a good 130 in a 1st gen xmod is a great motor in a 3rd gen. and tha center of gravity is so low it just will not flip over even on rough parking lots. the bateries sit rite under the lug nuts. ad the suspention kit can also let u lower tha car, even raise it…(rally car?)

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.