4-band Controller – don t work

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Mut1ey
      Participant

Hi

I just got one of these babies but guess what – it doesn t seem to work very well. It sort of works. By that I mean it seems to work, but only on a shorter range than a std controller, and even then – the car splutters, and pauses and stop/starts.

I have two questions:

1) Has anybody else experienced this?
      2) What are the three sliding button positions for on the back of the unit? I only seem to be able to get it to work in one of the positions – but as above – it doesn t work very well.

Cheers

Muttster

merc-blue
      Participant

my ordinary contoler did this until i tweaked the pot casue it hadnt been done properly and also taking out the crip cap helps the spluttering is casued but sudden loss then regain of signal conections

Mut1ey
      Participant

merc-blue

Thanks for the reply, but I haven’t a clue what your talking about lol. Whats a pot? I guess crip cap is the cripple capacitor?

Is it normal for the crip cap to be present in the 4-bands?

micro_Amps
      Participant

Muts, the 4B controllers are lower strength signal than the standard controlers. If you change the aerial to a telescopic aerial it makes it heaps better, almost as good as a normal controller. Have a look at QFM for the details.
      :)uA

dgs73
      Participant

the button on the back is for choosing between the A B C frequencies… A is the only one that should work i think, with the older Bits anyway

Mut1ey
      Participant

Cheers – thats right, only the A works.

I don’t fancy my chances at modding it, so I’ll just stick to the original controllers – just means I have to carry all four.

micro_Amps
      Participant
      Quote:
      the button on the back is for choosing between the A B C frequencies… A is the only one that should work i think, with the older Bits anyway

Nope, not quite.
      The a,b,c switch on the back is for the different types of cars, standards and boosters.
      a – standard single speed cars
      b – booster car, push top button to go on boost
      c – booster car, on boost all the time.

The range on my 4B was crap too, until I changed the aerial to a telescopic, now I dont use anything else.
      :)uA

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.