40Mhz Mini-Z?

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      oldtamiyaphile
      Participant

What would be required to convert a MZ to 40Mhz operation? I ve got a really nice 40Mhz AM TX, and it s probably easier to convert my cars than the TX. I know I ll need a new inductor, how do I work out the value and what else do I need?

merc-blue
      Participant

this is a question for microamps or ph2t

ph2t
      Participant

OTP. it would help if you had full schematics of the RX in the car. First thing to do is chuck a 40mhz crystal into the RX and see if it works.

Given that the RX is a crystal controlled device I believe the changes that would need to be made couldn’t just be limited to a component or two. Given that the RX is prolly setup as a PLL receiver it would be tricky to mod to suit 40mhz.

But then again, I prolly also have no idea…….

🙂

ph2t.

ken_wyleung
      Participant

Mini-Z 40MHz is FM, and it is design for KO EX10 FM or Kyosho FM control (EX5) only, it can not use other FM control. It is MR-01 and MR-02 type. It is more detail in Kyosho web-site.

oldtamiyaphile
      Participant

Thanks, I’d would rather not give in to Microsoft style incompatibility yet again. I miss the days when as long as you had the right channel everything worked with everything else.

Iwaver: Works with KT-5 but not KT-2, KT-5 does not have servo reverse so you have to mod the car. Works with 2PL

Mini-Z: Seems to work with everything.

Epoch: Works with KT-2, not 2PL.

ph2t
      Participant

otp, do you have info/links on the type of radios use in standard hobby RF ?? you know, encoding standards, rx/tx types, etc, etc…. that sorta stuff…..

thanks,

ph2t.

oldtamiyaphile
      Participant

These guys do some freq conversion work:

http://www.vantec.com/applications.htm

and

http://www.phoenixmp.com/articles/rc-systems.htm

It’s a start…no real good info though, I’m sure you know most of that already.

Edited by – oldtamiyaphile on 04 July 2004 19:01:26

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.