72kph (45mph) on 4 cells……

Viewing 19 reply threads
  • Author
      ph2t
      Participant

plasma_run.jpg

and here s a vid, 2MB, in divx format, http://www.divx.com.

http://www.woahnelly.com/stuff/mr02/plasma_run.avi

enjoy,

ph2t.

betty.k
      Participant

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!:D

all you lipo usin’ 6 cell freaks can stick THAT in ya pipe and smoke it!!:approve::8ball:

TallduDe
      Participant

not bad old boy not bad at all.

:smiley16:

merc-blue
      Participant

hey ph2t can i chuck my 1:10 on one of them speed checkers? .. i wonder if they get into 200 lol

kevsta
      Participant

Good stuff !

Nice to see that you don’t get blinded by a flying tyre.

ph2t
      Participant

gandini racing foams mate, they’re the best, you can get ’em here, at the shop.

ph2t.

merc-blue
      Participant

hmmm im tempted to get a xmod and drop in a mamba BL.. u recon the drivetrain is up to it pht.. with them kick ass foams and some alloy in there?

Charlie Brown
      Participant

cool stuff…You said that you’re using a 3×2 stack of IRF7317’s, but in the vid, I see those trademark rainbow wires and that plug for the motor wires…Something you hiding from us? 😯

betty.k
      Participant

it’s a triple stack, just external. it’s to be used to repair a z pcb that was mutilated by it’s owner. mounting the stacks externally is the only option for the pcb in question:8ball:

z-beam
      Participant

now wheres that fastest z in the world thread again:smiley2:

congrats on that! awesome effort!

Keymaster

All I can say is – Go the Might IRF7317s 🙂

Then again once “StepFET” ™ hits the streets we’ll have a some crazy numbers from all internal mods….

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

??? StepFET????

Charlie Brown
      Participant

lol, ph2t…I remember once that you used an Xray M18 16T pinion gear in your Madforce…assuming that this gear is the same gear pitch as that, and that the Madforce and Mini-Z Racers have the same gear pitch, you could probably go insane on the Tamiya Speed Checker and use this (along with an Overland Ball Differential):

http://www.rcmart.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=144_507_546&products_id=12410

😯 That’d sacrifice a lot of torque, but with Nelly…:dead:

z-beam
      Participant

maybe this “stepfet” is Aarons alternative to the fetstack…

ph2t
      Participant

yeah, Aaron has a more balanced approach to the whole mosfet thing. he’s going for compact install(possibly on the pcb?) yet still achieve a lower “on resistance” in the mosfets. This is what gives you more power. I’m interested to see what he comes out with in the end. 🙂

charlie. yeah, it’s been proven before that 1:18 scale motor pinions are compatible with the 130 sized motors. That 20t would definately top a 100kph I reakon, but an example is all it would be. In reality it would have no balls…

cheers,

ph2t.

Edited by – ph2t on 25 March 2005 18:42:34

Keymaster

ph2t is right StepFET(tm) mounts to the PCB and is looking like being smaller than a 3×2 stack in physical size with the performance (in resistive terms) of about a 7×2 stack…. Note I say resistive, not outright current which is still good but until we finish testing it’s hard to say were it lies with motor choice.

Throttle response is excellent and smooth/progressive… much like a 2×2 and not with some of the ‘lagginess’ seen in larger stacks.

In short… think a tiny Nelly type setup built inside the chassis.

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

peteWah
      Participant

99kph on a speed checker with 4 cells, Beat That :p:smiley2:

A 01 with 2×4 stack of 7317 s with a iWaver X speed pro which has the spiral armature in it which is a fatboy armature
      me thinks….

We tested this motor on a Much More motor thingy and it clocked out at over 60.000 rpm and im not sure on the exact figures that go with it….

Keymaster

As a note too – StepFET is gone and done with. Instead Spider2 has been designed to be mounted inside a MR01 chassis. Now thats a trick thing 🙂

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

jamiekulhanek
      Participant
      Quote:
      peteWah wrote:

99kph on a speed checker with 4 cells, Beat That :p A 01 with 2×4 stack of 7317 ‘s with a iWaver X speed pro which has the spiral armature in it which is a fatboy armature me thinks…. We tested this motor on a Much More motor thingy and it clocked out at over 60.000 rpm and im not sure on the exact figures that go with it….

pics/video/info???

peteWah
      Participant

Jamie i have to get some more parts before i can set it up like that again…

You no im not a tech head…

I do however have a pict on my phone just showing the 99kph.

I can get the motor tested on the dyno again and get video.

Do you still have a s**t hot Z or not…

Viewing 19 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.