900mAh Powertech

Viewing 50 reply threads
  • Author
      mocky
      Participant
      dgs73
      Participant

I posted that a couple of months ago… Should be out very soon mate!

mocky
      Participant

MonthS!!!!!! they’re taking their time…..

dgs73
      Participant

I first found out about them around 2 odd months ago… at that time they were supposed to be released in two weeks time (from then), then it was mid June. The new Jaycar catalogue which has been out for ages (i’ve had mine at least 2 months now) lists them as coming soon. Guess the waitin game continues… and i’ll bet that when the 900s appear the difference between those and the 800s will be neglegable

kevsta
      Participant

On my way home from work, I popped into jaycar to ask when these are coming and the sales guy said 18th of July. So yeah, two weeks time.

ph2t
      Participant

a hot motor levels the scene fellas….the miniscule differences in capacity won’t make too much of a difference in runtimes, not that this will stop me from bying them,…… 🙂

ph2t.

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

Sorry guys, i won’t buy chinese batteries, I only buy japanese cells, as wills says the jap cells are higher quality and can throw more current.

ph2t
      Participant

so what’s a good jap cell then? and no fucking jokes…. lol…

dgs73
      Participant

Sanyo 800s… found em to be better than powertech 800s

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

yeah energizer 750’s can throw 13A

peteWah
      Participant

How much for kyosho batteries then guys or something similar to those…

ph2t
      Participant

and where…..

peteWah
      Participant

dont know…..:sad:

dgs73
      Participant

we have similar to the Kyosho Pete… how exactly do you mean? And like ph2t says above; in the end the 5 – 10% difference is not really worth it, unless you are particularly pedantic

SausaGe_LinK
      Participant

What about GP750 ?
      Are they japenese or chinese cells ?

ph2t
      Participant

chinese

Tim
      Participant

GP Gold Peak is a Hong Kong brand company and they make bloody good batteries i tell you i have a set and they are good as what~

A bit out of the topic here, I got my car today and i used the Powertech 800 battery on the 5th cell holder while using GP on the other 4 and after a run i keep hearing this sizzling noise which i don’t know where its coming from,:evil:
      Then when i loooked carefully i see a little spark shooting from the 5th cell holder continously, very very small on the button size of the battery. I switched it off and the spark continued and then i took the battery out and i found out that the white stuff around the button of the battery became soft which felt like wax[xx
      (]:dead:

Then i heard this continous ticking noise from the battery:angry::angry: I’m like wtf? i thought it would explode or something then i left about 10min. then it stopped. Anyone know whyu?

Jay-Z
      Participant

stand back tim, sounds like it`s going to blow!! ..and speaking of batteries, if the energizer 750`s throw 13A, how many A`s are the powertech 800`s producing?

dgs73
      Participant

ph2t wired up your nelly so that it blows your car up on Sunday when you fire it up… lol

kevsta
      Participant

Now you’ve done it. He won’t turn up on Sunday so it won’t blow up. :smiley16:

Tim
      Participant

Yea my NSX just decided to smoke up this morning when i fired it up. Smoke came from behind the Sanyo batteries basically melted into a blob the chasis is gone and the whoa nelly is a plastic blob which smelt like crap:dead:

Nah j/k u wish m8:8ball:

jamiekulhanek
      Participant
      Quote:
      stand back tim, sounds like it`s going to blow!! ..and speaking of batteries, if the energizer 750`s throw 13A, how many A`s are the powertech 800`s producing?

Japanese cells are more expensive and generally push more current….

Why??

Because powertech’s etc. are made cheapely and sold by the KILOGRAM,

Sanyo and Energizer (japanese made) are very high quality and have low internal resistance, so that is why they can push 13 A.

Don’t get me wrong, the powertech’s are good, but when you start drawing very high amperage, that is where they can’t produce the goods.

Another very high point of resistance is the battery contacts themselves, this is why I go for soldered packs with good hobby quality connectors.

merc-blue
      Participant

yeh my best experience wa with a set of sanyo 750s

Jay-Z
      Participant

so i`d be better off with sanyo`s or energizers (750/800) over the powertech 900`s? how much of a difference would i notice with these batteries (sanyo/energizer) over my powertech 800`s? i`m running a single turbo/Xspeed combo in an MR01..

dgs73
      Participant

i get an extra 5- 10 mins run time… but this you’ve witnessed. Sanyos are available in Gladevile if you’re interested, but i’ll wager they will be a bit on the pricey side…

dgs73
      Participant

sorry that should read Gladesville…:smiley2:

Edited by – dgs73 on 12 July 2004 09:04:58

jamiekulhanek
      Participant
      Quote:
      so i`d be better off with sanyo`s or energizers (750/800) over the powertech 900`s? how much of a difference would i notice with these batteries (sanyo/energizer) over my powertech 800`s? i`m running a single turbo/Xspeed combo in an MR01..

They might make a small difference to that setup, a wee bit mor punch.

But its when you get turbos and hotter motors that the sanyos/energizers shine……

Keymaster

I’m still running the cheapy Jaycar 650’s…. They work although I would think the powertechs are better, and the Sanyos better again.

One day 😉

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

Ah, the 650’s are okay on a stock motor anythings else and they kinda suck….

Keymaster

Yeah they’re a great hack around battery 😉 Just fun running stuff!

--
      Site Owner Guy.

bithed
      Participant

…ditto…i am running SQUAT 900s which are pretty good…some hong kong 900s which i got yesterday and did ok on there first charge but the jru is out on their overall brilliance…and some SANYOs 700s ? 800s which rock off the charger and do their duty with miles of smiles…

Tim
      Participant

I saw the Sanyo 800’s at Office works before near the camera section just a couple in stock, It costs $11 or $12 just for 2 aaa Sanyo batteries!:shock::shock:
      I also saw them at Target before where they sell electronic stuff, they had aa, aaa and Sanyo chargers there. They cost about the same as office works, $12 for 2 aaa

dgs73
      Participant

i am sooo there this weekend then… woot…:approve::smiley2:

bithed
      Participant

…is it JUST me or is the name SANYO popping up alot on this thread…Ok you have talked me into it 🙂 I will start stocking SANYO batteries for yall 🙂

icebreaka
      Participant

hey bithead.. what happened to that black black gum ur sposed to be sellin to us now?

bithed
      Participant

…icebreka buddy im maxxed out mate…running out of soul…im off to NZ soon too and im prepping for that…the gum is here just havent gotten around to contacting you and a couple of others RE orders etc…My apologies 🙁 But i AM working on it…

dgs73
      Participant

interested in the Squat ones too bud… 900mah? Yes please…:approve: just ran outta gum too… damn it… now i’ve gotta go back to 10 coffees a day…:smiley2:

kevsta
      Participant

I visited Jaycar again to day and asked about the powertech 900s and the sales guy looks up his computer and says “maybe next week” – seemed a bit unsure himself.

🙁

Z-Nagual
      Participant

what’s all this talk of gum about?

dgs73
      Participant

really bloody good gum that i’m addicted to… massive amounts of caffiene…:approve:

TallduDe
      Participant

dude im stealing a piece of it! LOL

kevsta
      Participant

Jaycar still don’t have them even after saying that they’d be in the shop by the 18th of July.

Oh well…

merc-blue
      Participant

give up… go out get some GP 800s they will do better than a set of pwertec 900s will anyday.. plus jaycar my never get these out

kitsune
      Participant

Look and see if they still have stock of the 800’s if they do chances are they won’t get the 900’s in untill the 800’s are gon, they’ll be hard to shift once the 900’s are on the shelf, check the prices too, they might be getting rid of the 800’s at a good price. (IMHO the 900’s will probably be the same as the 800s, QC has probably improved and now they feel they can claim a higher mAh rating – I’ve got no proof but you might find little difference between recent 800s and the new 900s)

merc-blue
      Participant

my point exactly… get a set of lower AH (good) cells like sanyos or GPs and you will get better performace ..

bithed
      Participant

…I agree…I dont personally like GP batteries but SANYO i can vouch for for sure !! BESIDES…If 900 was VALID technology the REAL battery makers would be doing it anyway…Go SANYO 🙂

kitsune
      Participant

I’m not saying Powertech cells are better or worse than GPs or SANYOs, I’m just saying that production standards may have improved to the point that Powertech feel that the batteries can consistently provide 900 mAh and so may have decided to label the batteries accordingly (for market advantage),

I have heard that one trade off for high mAh ratings is an increased internal resistance, so ironicly 600mAh batteries may actually be better for racing than 800mAh or 900mAh even if made by the same manufacturer.

Which battery is best WILL vary from car to car, unless your car can take advantage of the entire discharge rate of the batteries higher discharge rates will not help, but longer mAh ratings might as the batteries may take longer to fade, if the car can take more power than the batteries can push, then discharge rate may be more important than mAh rating.

I don’t know which are best, but I’d advise when you meet someone who is using batteries from a different brand to yours rather than telling them that they are bad batteries and getting into a P!$$!ng contest ask if they are willing to swap a charged set with you for a stint so you both can compare how your cars perform with different batteries, at worst you prove your point that yours are better, at best you find a way to improve your car, and either way chances are you’ve made a friend.

Batman
      Participant

I just got some energizer 850s today, in another 8 hours i’ll tell you how they go compared to the 750s.

Batman
      Participant

I just got some energizer 850s today, in another 8 hours i’ll tell you how they go compared to the 750s.

dgs73
      Participant

got my Squats yseterday… 800mah; will be coparing to Sanyo 800 and Powertech 800 this Sunday…

dgs73
      Participant

got my Squats yseterday… 800mah; will be coparing to Sanyo 800 and Powertech 800 this Sunday…

Viewing 50 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.