A $10.00 Carry Case Construction

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Admin
      Participant

Following is a link to a temporary page that I carved up for my $10.00 Bit Char-G Carry Case. It will be “cleaned up” at some point by Aaron (ausmicro webgod ) and have the standardsite navigation, accompanying text added in where appropriate and so on. For now – it’s a bit clunkyand you’ll need to use your BACK button to return here.

What you need:

• A multi-compartment storage container from Howards Storage World or similar (ok, so it was a few cents above $10 so come on – shoot me!). Whatever you choose, make sure the compartment lengths are a MINIMUM 60mm long
      • Some small 10mm foam offcuts which the kind folks at Clark Rubber gave me for free because I begged quite pathetically
      • A SHARP knife (Exacto, Stanley or similar)
      • A pair of pliers
      • A steady hand, some patience and a little imagination/planning
      • [/list]

Look – this project isn’t exactly rocketscience, so I won’t bore you with how-tos or anything like that. It’s simply a matter ofbuy appropriate box; cut/snap out excess dividers; cut bits of foam to fit the compartment and accessories; gloat over your extreme handiness with basic tools.

If you have whipped up a carry-all of your own and you’d like to share it with the rest of the community, just email your photos and a quick covering note explaining costs and other important stuff to support@ausmicro.com

Thanks

Admin
      Participant

My carry case solution cost $2.80 from IGA for the Deeko container, and the foam I bought as a roll for a couple of bux a couple of years ago from Clark, from their “offcut” selection…

But I might have to get me one of those boxes…

BTW, what is that other controller in those pics?…

Admin
      Participant

The light grey controller is the 4Band Multi-Controller. It is essential to control the 2-speed “booster” cars (it has a third channel for the ‘turbo” button)and can also be used to control any of the standard and Spec Ed cars.

I’ll be doing a full write-up on the controller in a later article (just as soon as I find some spare time smiley5.gif)

Cheers

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.