A few of my paint jobs

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • Author
      HACHI-RYOKU
      Participant

Nothing too spectacular, but I thought I would show them off anyways. The BB came out the best. I’ve also been experimenting with fingernail polish for tinting windows. Had some complete failures, but the one polish that I thought came out nicely is the one used on the skylines and the red celica.
      pic_1.jpg
      pic_2.jpg
      pic_7.jpg
      pic_6.jpg
      pic_5.jpg
      pic_4.jpg
      pic_3.jpg
      pic_14.jpg
      pic_12.jpg
      pic_13.jpg

I didn’t paint this one, but I did clear coat it.
      pic_15.jpg

HACHI-RYOKU
      Participant

Sorry about the picture quality. It could be better. It’s from a cell phone camera.

betty.k
      Participant

smooth lookin’ jobs, even with the crappy cam:smiley2::8ball:

barto_85
      Participant

i really like the colour on that rx7, the green…very nice.

Admin
      Participant

nice looking shells there hachi! some clean work there. oh by the way how do you post pics in the forums? still dont noe how.

Impreza
      Participant

Nice Hachi, personally like the neon green R-32.

froggy you can just copy the link to the url to the pics in the quick reply box (this will give you just a link to the pic) or you can insert Image when you press the Reply to Topic hyperlink under the quick reply box. You can also link to your member gallery as barto and a few of us have done in by clicking on the control panel link under the sign out button then by clicking on the edit profile link near the top left on the screen that comes up (I think) then you have to re-enter your site PW and in the box at the bottom right that says signature you can copy the link to your member gallery, below:) and paste it into that box. With this every time you post there will be a link to your gallery attached.

http://members.ausmicro.com/memberview.asp?user=froggy

You can also choose an avatar and enter other info here as well if you like? When you are done re-type in your password twice (top left -near the red stars) and hit the submit button at the bottom:) If you know how to do any of this then just ignore the parts you know already. Hope this helps.

Edited by – Impreza on 15 January 2004 05:40:46

HACHI-RYOKU
      Participant

Thanx for all the comments.

The RX-7’s forest green is from tamiya with a clear coat that I picked up here in Japan. Translated, it just says “mini spray”, but it may have a different name overseas, if you can even get it outside of Japan. I still need to color in the headlights. I was thinking silver. Any ideas?

The neon green is tamiya again with tamiya clear coat.

Froggy, I used the pictures from my gallery. You are suppost to be able to post pictures from any picture/albums that are open to the public. Meaning, if you have a yahoo photo album, THAT DOES NOT HAVE A PASSWORD TO GET INTO, then it may work. You can’t just upload pics from you’re personal computer because it’s not open to the general public to view. BUT, I will say that I haven’t found any web based picture sites that allow me to do this, including yahoo. You can put hyperlinks in there from some of the sites. betty.k, and a few others, use “webshots”, and that works well. You can find the URL by right clicking a picture and selecting “properties”. Between myself and Impreza, we should have covered just about everything.

Speaking of the gallery, I just noticed that my pics came out a little clearer when they’re sized down. Take a look if you want.

http://members.ausmicro.com/memberview.asp?user=hachi-ryoku

The cell phone cameras normaly produce a small pic. When you resize it then it makes it blurry.

betty.k
      Participant

hey froggy, check this link
      http://www.ausmicro.com/faq.asp?page=forums#format
      you’ll find out how to do all sorts of things to your posts!:smiley2:
      and don’t worry about the phone cam, that’s all i’ve got. every now and then i get access to a real digi cam and take lots of pics then, but we’d rather see crappy pics than no pics!:8ball:

titaniumonkey
      Participant

I see 3 spoked rims on the green RX-7. Where’d you get those?

HACHI-RYOKU
      Participant

I can’t remember. But I think they came from a bit racer. I do a lot of wheel mods. Most of the wheels come from bit racers. I think I found a whole batch once with different style wheels and grabbed them. I can’t find them now to save my life. Wish I could, because I’m about run out soon.

z-beam
      Participant

damn… wish they bothered to release the bit racer parts over here, i saw once a spoiler pack as well….

nice, the pics do look way better down sized. that neon green is one awesome colour.

what sort of vehicle and brand is that silver 4×4? i’d love one if you could get an extra…

HACHI-RYOKU
      Participant

It’s a “quick zap”. I just looked for the web site. I had it on my “favorites”. I can’t get to the site anymore and a few search engines couldn’t locate it either. At any rate, if you do manage to find them they’re OK cars. It has the basic tx/rx that tomy uses, so it can be fet modded pretty easily, witch is good because the transistors it comes with are kinda high on the resistance. It has a diferent chassis than the normal BCGs. I like it because I could dual cell it easily without a dremmel. Two batts fit almost perfect. In fact I only needed a pair of finger nail clippers to make room for the batts. The bodies do not fit on the BCG chassis’s and would require a good deal of modding to make it so. It would most likely look nasty on the BCG because of all the excess you would have to take off. It also comes with what looks like white 12:1 gears, has a slightly wider wheel base. I’ve got that one dual celled and fet modded and I really like the way it drives. It’s seems to run like an SUV would when compared to a regular bit. It climbs most bumps and crud that would normally make a bit jump with the possability of flipping. It’s the same size as a bit, but the wheel base is wider and there’s a little more space between the front and back wheels. Hope this helps, but I think you’ll have a tough time finding them now.:sad:

betty.k
      Participant

damn, they sound great!:sad: aah well, there’ll be plenty more treats in the future:8ball:

micro_Amps
      Participant

Hachi, whats the silver shell in the last pic?
      :)uA

leonli17
      Participant

It’s suppose to be a Mitsubishi Pajero. Except it’s 2 doors somehow.

HACHI-RYOKU
      Participant

Yep, that was that quick zap I was talking about. Pajeros come with two or four doors.

http://www.mitsubishimotors.co.za/pajero/default_local.asp

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.