A worthwhile mod for the Nanoracer Tx

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      brycevr
      Participant

I got a Nanoracer ecently (also a Nanodragon) and looking at the battery placement I thought that it would be a good idea to put LiPo’s in it. As I repair and configure computers for a living I often get laptop packs which have died.
      Most laptop packs are just an arrangement series/parallel cells and in most cases when they die it is only one cell which has left this mortal coil and the others are OK. They are not very good for cars as they are probably 2C or similar but I thought they’d make a great transmitter pack.
      I did the mod and I’ve been able to exhaust 1 set of 900mAh in my Nano, 1set of 800mAh in my F1, 2×3500 mAh in my RC10 and 2 sets of 3500mAh in my Schumacher Mi2 and the voltage meter still reads 11.1v. Thats about 4hrs of the transmitter being switched on.
      Here are some picks of the setup.
      It uses a servo connector so that’s easy, a bit of dremel on the ribs to get them low enough, some foam to keep them tight an we’re done!!
      I’ll update in a week or so and let you know the final analysis..

brycevr
      Participant

About 5 times the run time of my 2500mAh NiMh cells with no glitches and perfect running. You can buy a Dell pack new with enough lipos for two conversions for less than $50

hakhawk
      Participant

might look at doing this, whats the easiest way to charge them?

brycevr
      Participant

Just use a standard 3cell lipo charger. I did an adaptor for the charging socket but I haven’t needed to use it yet. lol

brycevr
      Participant

Update.
      18 hrs of transmitter on before the 9v alarm. (on my JR XS3).
      GO LiPo !!

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.