A40

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      trash
      Participant

Went out to Jamison Park at Penrith today to fly with some friends but the wind picked up and it was only on for the brave & stoopid.
      A couple of good flights were had between the gusts, but the novice guys were putting on a show with 10 point cartwheels !
      I can fly my A40 in wind but the other guys where hitting the ground quite often. I was practising some cross wind landings on the cricket pitch which was a classic to watch.
      To top it off I did some carrier style takeoffs using the circket pitch. In the width (not length) of the pitch I could get the plane
      off the ground and fly away. “No Way !” sounds so good when three guys say it at the same time !

icebreaka
      Participant

hmm i passed jamison park at about 6pm and was looking out for any airplanes.. didnt see any tho? why not donate me one and i’ll be there 😉 hehee

icebreaka
      Participant

when do you usually go to jamison? and where do yah come from?

i sure wanna see sum a-40’s in action!

trash
      Participant

It takes me about 45 minutes to drive out there and then it has to be a basically a windless day.
      I come from parramatta.
      If you want to PM me with a mobile phone number
      that I can SMS to, I’ll send a message when I’m heading out there. (and anybody else wants me to SMS them too).
      It will give you about an hour’s notice. I may rock on out friday afternoon if it isn’t windy or rainy. I would like to say saterday too, but I may be flying bigger wings up at tamworth. (parragliding)

Ch22 UHF CB is liason channel. 🙂

icebreaka
      Participant

woh u sure get out a lot into these hobbies aye..

so since ur in parramatta, could i get an a40 via pickup if i wanted?

trash
      Participant

🙂
      I have better things to do with my life than work, unfortunately a third of my life is work, the other third is sleep. That leaves the rest for flyin or other fun. 🙂

Yeah, anybody is welcome around here anytime.
      probably best to arrange a time as I could be anywhere.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.